1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brandon Graham - DE/OLB - Michigan

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Frayser, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Just wanted to get some opinions on this guy. He seems like a natural fit at SOLB. Can set the edge well against the run while still offering a decent pass-rush. There are several highlight videos of him on YouTube so I won't bother posting just one. What would everyone think of Cam Wake at WOLB and Graham at SOLB?

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I like him. He's a hard worker, can play the run well and is quick off the line. Problem is, he's not very tall and that's something that I think could end up bothering this regime. I like his talent though. Him and Jason Worilds are nice, underrated ends IMO.

Zanno and Frayser like this.
  3. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Worrilds is a sneaky good player. He's tough too, played last season through a messed up shoulder. Couldn't raise it above parallel and had to wear a brace and it was taped to all hell. He played hurt last year and still flashed.

And to top it off, he is a strong side player.

I still say we go after Brandon Lang, and get someone who has been asked to drop before, and can do it well from what I've seen. Worrilds has also dropped but my question is, is he any better at it than Orion Martin from last year who we looked at.

IIRC in comparison I would say Martin may have had better lateral agility.

Frayser likes this.
  4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Agreed on Worilds. I like him. I remember watching him play injured against Virginia last year. He had a monster game IIRC.

Agreed on Lang. I'm a pretty big fan of his.

5. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    By the way, I have Lang on tape from last year against S. Miss

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    So do I. :up:

You watch Damion Fletcher in that game? Kind of reminds me of the Vaughn kid from Richmond.

7. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Saw it last year. But can't remember him off the top of my head. :lol:

Old age I guess. I need to re watch it. :wink2:

alen1 likes this.
  8. Frayser

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks for the input guys! I know it's a bit early, but I was just bored and trying to think of an offseason strategy for us. Do you all feel like Wake will succeed Porter on the weakside? I would say that SOLB and ILB are even money as far as biggest priority at this point. I'm also not sure that Soliai represents a full-time solution at NT. He shows up on some plays and disappears on others. And of course, we have to figure out the FS spot.

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think Wake can succeed Porter on the weak side. He's still raw but dude is arguably the most explosive end off the edge. Once he learns a consistent inside move, like a spin, he's going to be tough to block.

I really like Jason Pierre-Paul of USF. He's a monster with a 81" wing span.

Frayser likes this.
  10. Frayser

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks! I'll always take the input of someone with a genius like Arsene as their avatar. Too bad we lost Van Persie. He seemed to be the key to the new formation's offensive success.

alen1 likes this.
  11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Haha, Arsene is God for me. The loss of Van Persie is killing us. I think our average goals per game has been sliced in half? Yikes! He brought a great flow to the game for us and his creativity when he brought it out on the wing was brilliant for us. Arsene's said he will be a buyer in January. Chamakh and Balotelli are two guys he's keen on so we'll see. Balotelli will be expensive though.

12. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Curious as to your guys thoughts on Everson Griffen of USC if he declares. I've not seen a lot of him, but he seems good for stretches. Definitely has the size this regime covets at 6'3" and I've seen him listed anywhere from 265-280lbs.

13. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I haven't broken him down like I would normally do but I do have him on tape and have seen a bit just from watching USC games. He's quick off the edge and a force. He looks a bit heavy but I've seen him drop in coverage. I'm not sure yet if he's an option as I haven't watched him like I would normally do, as I stated in the first sentence, but he's talented.

RoninFin4 likes this.
  14. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Thanks man. I remember reading somewhere, IIRC Matt McGuire's blog, that he'd packed on the lbs to move form 265 to somewhere between 275-280lbs. I'd think he'd be looked at as a strongside guy. Definitely agree that with some polishing Cameron Wake could very well succeed Joey Porter.

alen1 likes this.
  15. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Possibly. I think he's been playing weak side at USC; though I could be wrong.

OT: What happen to the link of your blog in your signature?

16. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I haven't updated it in a long while. The buddy of mine from school who was co-authoring it with me has been unable to contribute as much and with work it's just sort of slipped my mind.

I'd love to be able to keep it going in some capacity, but still looking for a one or two people to help out with it. Figured I'd just take it down for now due to lack of updates.

Last year we started it out by doing a bowl preview for all the games and keeping it mostly draft-related (more our opininons and banter than actual scouting evaluations - we're limited compared to guys like you, Con, Boomer, CK etc.) but it was fun. Like I said, I'd love to bring it back.

alen1 likes this.
  17. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Gotcha. I enjoyed reading it and I usually try to read your posts here because I enjoy them and I used to click on the link in your signature but I noticed it was not there anymore. I'll keep an eye on your signature though, so when it pops up, I can read it. :up:

RoninFin4 likes this.
  18. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Derrick Morgan at SOLB please. :shifty:

19. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Likewise - your posts are very spot-on and I enjoy all your stuff on the draft. I'll see if I can crank the blog back up soon, maybe I'll highlight some of the key bowl games.

alen1 likes this.
  20. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Worilds is a good player. He can run the arc and can get low underneath a tackle and get to the passer.

Frayser likes this.
  21. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I really do like Greg Romeus. I think he's a well cut player, I like his ability to keep tabs on the ball and to keep working his blocker until he gets free. He moves from one move to the next quickly and effectively. Plus he's got size and athleticism.

22. Frayser

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Would you all say it's a bit more difficult to make the transition from DE to SOLB rather than WOLB? Are there any free agents out there at SOLB that we might look at it? Do you see JT back next year? Would he "platoon" with a new guy at the spot?

23. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    I think be's vastly overrated, one dimensional in terms of a pass rush and lacking in any sort of explosion off the snap. I've seen three consecutive mediocre left tackles hold him to 1 sack in 12 quarters and that only came when the QB, under pressure from Shear, rolled straight into Romeus who still hadn't managed to disengage. To me, he's a plodding LE in a 4-3 and not worthy of a 1st round pick.

24. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    I think it all depends on the individual Frays. How athletic are you? Can you cover a tight end, can you run with a back or are you better at setting the edge and becoming an impact in the run game. I think it's always more difficult to teach an end to go backwards after years of honing their techniques to go forwards. As for FA's, I don't have the list in front of me so I can't say.

I think Taylor's future in Miami depends on the next 4 games. He's disappeared as a rush threat in the past month after a strong start and you have to evaluate whether keeping him will eat into the minutes of a developing player.