1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A warning for frequent debit card swipers

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by NaboCane, Nov 5, 2009.

1. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/life/a-warning-for-frequent-debit-card-swipers-531472/

2. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I have a Visa debit card and am protected from any and all fradulent purchases. I can't remember the last time I payed cash for something (besides hookers and booze)

3. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Can't begin to tell you how rare that is. Most people who use debit cards exclusively instead of credit cards are folks who don't qualify for bank accounts, let alone credit cards.

Over the last couple of decades, the lowest quadrant of our own society have been figuratively, financially thrown to the wolves.

4. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well I pretty much use my Debit for almost everything in everyday life. It's essentially an easier and plastic version of a check, so you'd think as long as you spend wisely and responsibly everything would be fine. I know my bank funds and what I can spend so since I am paying attention I don't see the threat. Plus my bank has a cap and are actually very vigilant at keeping track of this stuff.

However online I always use PayPal with everything I buy or my credit card if for some rare instance PayPal isn't available (about 1% of the time lol). I actually have never used my debit card online for anything but have known plenty who have and they've been fine (once again they watch their funds and use PayPal for protection).

I like the idea of using the card as credit instead of debit though that's a good idea.

5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I believe it. I got grandfathered in to a Federal Credit Union because my mom is a teacher. That bank kicks *** in so many ways.