1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by NaboCane, Nov 3, 2009.

1. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Well...

Whatever else happens in this series, we know one thing: Morena Baccarin is incapable of being unattractive.

Even as an evil alien.

With short hair.

:hump:

Colorado Dolfan and jetssuck like this.
  2. FinsPensFan

FinsPensFan Professional Slacker

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    I enjoyed the show. I'll give it a shot.

3. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    first episode was better than i expected. it started off a bit rough, imo, but i think there is a good story there

4. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    I came away intrigued and impressed. I am disappointed we did not see more of Laura Vandervoot though (she was the Blond alien that hit on the boys) as I always liked to see her on Smallville.

All in all, its a suitable sci-fi show to replace Heroes, which I finally gave up on a couple of weeks ago. It is a shame that we only get four episodes before they shelf it until March.

5. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    you jumped off heroes way too late man. ive been gone since the middle of the second season lol

6. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    yeah heroes got TERRIBLE. I don't know how anyone still stomach's such bad writing that sells it's own soul for a cheap plot twist.

I will watch V later and see if i dig it. Looks good

7. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I watched it and, well....

The early part of the show was rough. I thought it was poorly done to be honest. Not nearly enough buildup to the "arrival" for my liking but this is network TV we're talking about. They needed to establish the aliens in the first 3 minutes or lose the "instant gratification" thirsty audience. It could have been more.

That said, I really enjoyed the last 20 minutes, it set itself up nicely even though
    they should have let the set up for the partner being a "visitor" build for a few episode. I did not care enough about these characters yet to care what he was. If they had let that ride for a few weeks it could have been interesting.

I dunno how long it will last though to be honest. If it was on sci-fi channel they would give it a real chance and it would have been edgier but because it's ABC I think it will be glossed over for a mainstream audience and if it does not get great ratings they will kill it in a month.

NaboCane and Jaydog57 like this.
  8. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Watched it......it was okay

And yeah Heroes has me so pissed off I'm about to jump ship myself. Whoever is writing the show is going to have a tough time finding work in the future

9. ether79

ether79 ****

Dec 21, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Well for what its worth, they have given Lost a lot of slack, given the audiencemthey drew initially. Maybe V will do the same with the 30 somethings and later that watched the original series like myself. Hopefully they do, I think with the actors cast, thry have alot of potential. But like you said, the partner thing was too early and a bit obvious if you ask me.

10. B.Sebo

B.Sebo TV Mastermind

Dec 16, 2007
    West Arkansas
    Well I did not think the second season was that bad, but the first half of the third was terrible. I felt good the last half of the third because Fuller came back and the show was really good again. Now he is gone and they are really jumping the shark with Claire and her lesbian storyline.

jetssuck likes this.
  11. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Hell that's the only thing on the show that still has my attention

12. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    ABC has tried hard to kill it... We're getting 4 eps in a row, and none until march... Then ABC stopped production. Perhaps they wanted to see if it would be a ratings juggernaut so they could extend the 13 mini series episodes into a full show? Highly unheard of though. I haven't seen Flash Forwards ratings lately, but I think I read it's on the decline.

I liked the pilot quite a bit. It moved fast, but I think they're doing it like a synopsis of the original series so they get to the new content. I'm glad they revealed that black guy was a traitor and the partner was an alien early. The partner who's not what he seems is played out.

13. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    sort of reminds me of Kings. i personally really liked it but nobody watched it.

the problem i see with both shows is that there isnt anything left to do after the first season.

how long can the show possible show the humans subvert the visitors and the visitors subvert the underground until there is a resolution? not very long to me. but ill take 10 or 12 good episodes over a manipulative show that meanders and screws with you like Heroes does.

there is an event and a resolution all laid out in the first episode. either the humans can beat them or they get destroyed within a reasonable time limit. the nature of the story puts a cap on how long it will last

hospital or law enforcment dramas just follow a cast of characters taking on a variety of everday problems. given creative scenarios and good acting they can last an eternity. but they are mostly boring, so i like something different

as for revealing things, i like it. if they wanted, they could have strung out the true identity of the aliens and the traitors over 2 or 3 episodes like a lot of shows do, but the would be full of fluff and nonsense that i would have to fast forward to get to any meaningful parts like i did with Heroes before i finally abandoned it.

i dont think most people watching it last night are very familiar with the 80's series

14. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    V was OK. I'll still watch it. I like Heroes too, but it has been wateren down alot.

15. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    The "original 3" networks do awful things to their prime-time programs; it's a wonder any survive at all.

For example, what NBC did to Law & Order: CI; exiling it to the USA network was such a terrible move.

Now D'Onofrio and Erbe are both leaving the series, along with Eric Bogosian and Julie Nicholson.

It was always my favorite L&O and now it will probably die, because how many shows can survive the departure of the entire original cast, plus two others in one season?

Kings was an interesting concept; I watched the first episode but it didn't hold my attention.

Too little setup and exposition for such a foreign concept, IMO, practically ensured a lack of buy-in from the audience.

maynard likes this.