1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UFOs

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Phinvader Bill, Oct 24, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Phinvader Bill

Phinvader Bill The all new Mr. Event

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    Someone mentioned UFOs in the Chupacabra thread and I didnt want to derail it.

I guess it was around 1999 or early, 2000. I was living in Merritt Island, FL and I was in a heavy metal band. One night, we were practicing in our storage unit, and about 10 friends showed up to watch us. We took a break and were standing outside talking to the people, when one of them says 'What the hell is THAT?' and was pointing up. We all saw it. 3 small white lights that were going south to north, but the lights themselves were moving as well. They were expanding and contracting like it was making a triangle get larger and smaller.There was no sound, and as it went in front of various stars in the sky, it made them disappear until it moved away. (It was solid) But, all we could see were the lights. no outline of anything. Just the lights. We watched it for a good minute before we werent able to see it anymore.

Any suggestions as to what that could have been?

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    Secret military plane? Not sure. What was the name of your metal band? Go listen to the new Hatebreed album and tell me what you think. It's tough as nails.

3. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    [​IMG]

I used to believe in that stuff back when I was a kid, used to watch X-Files and Sightings and such. Now that Im all grown up, now I just think theyre secret military aircraft considering how much money we spend on defense. Weve had "UFO" technology for a long time, at least since WW2.

4. Phinvader Bill

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    ^^^

Probably considering I was 20 miles away from Kennedy Space Center and 15 miles from Patrick Air Force Base, but it was still strange, and I've never seen anything like it before.

Jeffrey and jetssuck like this.
  5. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    makes sense. Theres a reason Florida has some of the highest UFO sightings. Gulf Breeze? The Naval Air Station in Pensacola, the base on Johnson Island, Eglin Air Force base are all good explainations. The Space Coast? Well, Kennedy Space Center and Patrick Air Force are places where they would definately develop and test new aircraft, especially under the guise of space exploration. Trust me, there wasnt little green men piloting what you saw. :up:

Jeffrey and late again like this.
  6. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I'm a total non believer.
    While I do think that there may well be life on other planets in other solar systems, that's not to say that I believe we're being visited by them.
    One thing that causes my own skepticism is the "unidentified lights in the sky" thing. If an alien space craft is trying to fly around unseen and undetected, why would they have lights on outside their spaceship? If you wanted to go unnoticed wouldn't you turn them off? If you have the technology to figure out how to get back and forth to other solar systems, it seems to me you would also have the ability to do so unnoticed.

FinSane likes this.
  7. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    the one event that still makes me scatch my head is the Phoenix lights, there still hasnt been an explaination or an official statement on it.

8. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    could be anything, your imagination coupled with a flying object, etc. i dont completely dismiss the existence of alien life, nor that it could be here. I do however, find it odd that it could be so easily covered up, or that there is still now solid proof.

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lol, have you guys seen this site yet? Some goofy pictures, some look fake.

10. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    I dont see how people could dismiss the idea of life on other planets/solar systems though. If its possible here, why not anywhere else? I dont see how science can just point to the existence of water on another planet could be the only way life could exist. Its possible life can exist on other planets with another element serving as the conduit for which life could exist.

11. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    [​IMG]

hawt, it must work out........

late again, TheAnswer385 and FinSane like this.
  12. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    science aknowledges that its possible. but again its how likely. the fact that we are even here is a series of events. so given the odds you would have to assume that there is either alot of planets capable of supporting life, which also takes some probability, then you have to assume the right events occur to cause evolution, etc. given that the most reasonable solution is that there are millions of planets, maybe even billions, or the universe is infinite. If infinite then you also say an infinite amount of life is possible.

13. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    but with infinite amount of life comes infinte possibilities of how life could be started on that particular planet.

14. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    right. but again depends, you have to remember most of the elements that made it possible came from space.

FinSane likes this.
  15. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    ever look into the theory of exogenesis?

16. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    never heard it called as such but I believe thats why scientists scan space looking for carbon and such.......... its a way to tell what planets might have life from what i remember.

17. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    or Panspermia. One event that really got me interested was the Red Rain that fell over Kerrala, India a few years back. I think its the clue to the missing link to what started life on earth.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  18. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Too much evidence of UFO's to be denied. Considering all the different governments releasing UFO files from common citizens to police officers, Air traffic, Pilots, ect on various accounts.

Its very possible we have been visited could also mean we have alien technology that the US government is trying to replicate. I wish NASA would release photo's in their original state before they photoshop the **** out of the images : /

19. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    yep...plenty of evidence...

[​IMG]

late again and unluckyluciano like this.
  20. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    So your one of those people.

21. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    shuttup maj why dont u just back to watching repeats of Star Trek you dork

:shifty:

22. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    :lol:

Just saying UFO=Unidentified Flying Object.

Now if its extraterrestrial thats remains to be seen. Like I said too much evidence on UFO's to be disproved.

Btw Ive never really watched Star Trek or BSG. I did like Firefly its a shame they shut that down :(

23. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Well ya theres plenty of UFOs no doubt, but I dont think ET is flying them either.

And dont lie about your SyFy channel viewing habbits. or your X-Files memorabilia collection.

24. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    How do you explain Roswell? Abductions? Cattle mutilations? The truth is out there Finsane :shifty:

Honest! I love X-Files that was my favorite show growing up. I'm a big geek when it comes to Space nowadays.

25. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    I know right! [​IMG]

me too. easily one of my favorites of all time. the sequel sucked though. :lol:

late again and BuckeyeKing like this.
  26. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I knew you would see things my way :shifty:

I know to me it felt like a glorified episode. Though it was great to see Mulder and Scully back!

Fringe is pretty good but its more about Science and the unexplained rather than Aliens, cryptozoology, Paranormal, Folklore, ect.

27. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    My uncle used to be in the Air Force, and was a pilot for American Airlines. He told me when I was younger that he knew of a guy that flew over Area 51 and was shot down. They sent him a warning, but he kept going. Oops.

28. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Thats not an UFO story

[​IMG]

29. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    There is life out there... like Jodi Foster found out in Contact however, we're not ready for it yet. Too much trouble dealing with ourselves let alone beings from another planet.

30. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Sadly your right considering we can hardly get along ourselves.

31. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Not sure why they would want to come visit this *** backwards place anyways

NaboCane likes this.
  32. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    That.

Plus when you factor in the impossible distances and the physical limitations of travel, it is unlikely that we have as many "visitors" as there are UFO sightings.

Not impossible...just very unlikely. And the visiting species has to have developed a way to fold space, which is so far beyond our capabilities that it really would beg the question: Why?

33. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Disney World. and Beer.

late again, NaboCane and jetssuck like this.
  34. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Absolutely...just to bridge the unfathomable distance needed to travel, the beings would have to be far more advanced than us. So much so that hell, they might even have the technology to remain invisible while they were here...lol

35. Phinvader Bill

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    Or disguises. I'm starting to think that Rex Ryan is an alien.

36. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    lol

He could hide a family of aliens in that belly alone

37. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    To me the question isnt whether or not other life exists, it's whether or not that life is advanced enough to ever visit us.

Case can be made for either side, and it just goes to show you how much we really don't know.

jetssuck likes this.
  38. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I can't help but think this thread will turn into a alien debate then ultimately a religion debate.

jetssuck likes this.
  39. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    There was actually a really good Alien/UFO thread a while back.

Anyway when you talk UFO alien talk is inevitable.

jetssuck likes this.
  40. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    [​IMG]

NaboCane likes this.