1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 Players GMs should be Asking About

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatic8480, Oct 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/art...s-should-be-asking-about-trade-deadline-nears

dolfan7171 likes this.
  2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    If I had a choice I would pick Morrison

3. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I'd be interested in Morrison and Bowe.

4. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Quentin Groves is available

5. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I'm surprised Adalius Thomas is in BB's doghouse... makes me wonder if Peppers for Thomas and a high pick might be in the works...

6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i would do anything for bowe

jetssuck likes this.
  7. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I just cruised through the KC paper's blogs and some of their tweets, there is no chatter about any sort of trades, but Pioli and Haley could be from the Ireland/Sparano no media leaks school of thought.

KC needs a passrusher, absolutely they need a passrusher, 10 sacks all of last season, a small handful this season...

Cam Wake can rush the passer, we could use a Wr...just sayin'...:shifty:

SICK likes this.
  8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I don't think he's a bad fit and I think it's telling that reports have been shot down of Dorsey rumors. I think he's getting used to it and he will be fine. Also, I know that the Atlanta Falcons were on the phone this weekend trying to acquire Dorsey but no word on him being moved.

I'd be surprised if they moved him because I know Steve Spagnulo has raved about his leadership.

The Baltimore Ravens inquired about Terrell Owens as well as Dwayne Bowe but neither were available.

I wouldn't shell out picks for any of these guys, to be honest. Maybe Bowe but that's it.

9. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Just out of curiosity...what would you be willing to give up for Bowe, Alen?

10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    It's really tough to decide on that in my opinion because I don't view him as an elite wide receiver in this league but I think he's got potential to be a very good one. I'm not big on throwing draft picks at wide receivers but sometimes you may have to. I would give up a second at most. I wouldn't give multiple picks, however.

The G Man likes this.
  11. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    Thanks for your thoughts. I respect your opinion. And, I agree he may not be considered elite. But, I too believe he has that potential. I think the only thing holding him back is the team he's on.

I think it will take multiple picks to get him though. Probably a 2nd and a late round pick (a 5th or 6th) if I had to guess. And, I as much as I'd like to be wrong, at least in this instance...I just don't see this FO giving up that much for him (or anyone really).

alen1 likes this.
  12. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I would definitely ask about Huff.

13. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Thanks for the kind words, I respect your opinion as well.

I agree on all points. I would say that what's also holding him back is his drops. He, like other stand out receivers, have issues with drops. Brandon Marshall has the drops but he's targeted so many times over the course of the season, it's a bit understood why he has thirteen or so. Terrell Owens, when he was one of the best in the league, also dropped balls and still does. Braylon Edwards dropped like fourteen even in his best year if I remember correctly. Edwards is not elite, in my opinion. Marshall is up there. Owens is not so anymore IMO. Bowe is not up there IMO. Not yet.

In terms of draft picks, I just think its tough to fork it over when you need them to build your team and then you can get wide receivers in either free agency or the draft. You're unlikely to get an elite wide receiver in this league unless you draft him or you fork over several draft picks IMO but with so few teams having their elite wideouts on the block, you don't have many options. If we were a team that build our roster and we need to add play makers then I could understand why but I still think we need help on this team. We need depth along the OL, we need another strong safety in my opinion, we need a couple ILB's, another nose tackle and another OLB as well. Maybe two. I think we have to double up at one of those two LB positions in the Draft. When we get those holes filled then I would be on board with dishing out multiple draft picks for a WR like Bowe.

The G Man likes this.
  14. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    Excellent analysis Alen. And, I agree with everything you've said. My only point would be if there's situation in which you can get a proven commodity (and, let's just say it's Bowe, even with the drops), and you can (possibly) get him at somewhat of a discount, then don't you have to consider it? Not sayin' that's the case, 'cause I just don't know. None of us do. But, man oh man...it would be sweet to have a legitimate #1 with his measurables and potential. The kid is still real young.

But, back to your points...I think you're dead on with everything you said. Obviously, defense is our biggest concern. And, it will require another solid draft (or two) to address all the holes you have pointed out.

Man, we went from a top 10 defense and an inept offense for years to finally having something to cheer about on offense and no one to stop the other team defensively. Sheesh...

alen1 likes this.
  15. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Thank you.

Yes, I think you have to consider it, strongly. I think that's a great point. If you can get him at a price that you think is reasonable, I think a GM has to pull the trigger because you don't get those opportunities often in this league. It's why I think just about every GM is calling these teams that are having fire-sales because those teams have quality players and those players can help you down the road. However, the teams that are having fire-sales also know that if you're calling, you want to add one of their players and there's always one GM that is desperate to take his team to the next level so he will over pay. I just think the caller can't fall in that trap. Overall, great point and I would completely agree with you in that case. Unfortunately, I dont' think that's the case with Dwayne Bowe.

Haha, that made me laugh because it's true. Weird how things change so quickly.

The G Man likes this.
  16. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    Take care Alen. You're a cool dude...:up:

alen1 likes this.
  17. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Likewise, man. :)

18. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Yeah because all we need is another Jason Allen on this team.

The only Raiders DB I would want on this team is Namdi

SICK likes this.
  19. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Steve smith isnt happy.....me likey.

SICK, DaFish and jetssuck like this.