1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walking for Alzheimer's

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    In case some of you didn't know, my wonderful father in law Doug was diagnosed with in the last couple of years with Alzheimer's. He is only 62 years young now. He can't drive anymore, or work, and is on three medications, and is sadly enough showing signs that he is slipping even worse. With questions like am I married, and do I have any kids? I am getting emotionally typing this up. We as a family are walking next weekend. My Mother, and father in law, my niece, my wife and I. The hardest thing is that when they get this disease so young, there lives usually end within 2-3 years. I couldn't have married into a better family. My father in law means the world to me. I am posting this so when the walk comes in your town or city, that you participate and help in any way you can with donations and or support, because it is a very hard disease on the person, but the family members that care for that person as well. Hopefully they will have medicine that will help Alzheimer's patients so much more in the next 3-4 years.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAv5ZuuSxSI"]YouTube - Stevie Ray Vaughan - Life Without You[/ame]

Crappy Tipper likes this.