1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok, I thought it was BS before...now I KNOW its BS.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Phinvader Bill, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Phinvader Bill

Phinvader Bill The all new Mr. Event

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    Those hidden camera Pizza Hut commercials that showed people eating pasta and saying how great it is, then someone comes out and says "Guess what!! This pasta came from PIZZA HUT!"

I had my suspicions that it was crap, but wasn't sure. But now, they have new ones that show people in a wing restaurant talking about how they are the 'Buffalo Wing King' etc and how amazing the wings were. Then, someone comes out and says "Guess what...These wings are from PIZZA HUT!"

Bull Crap.

I've had those wings before, and they aren't even in the same league as real Buffalo wings. First of all, Pizza Hut BAKES their wings. You can't call them real buffalo wings if you bake them. Period, end of story. They have to be fried. And, Pizza Hut's sauce they use is horrible. If it isn't Frank's Red Hot or Texas Pete, they aren't buffalo wings. No 'Buffalo Wing King' would eat those wings and say they were amazing. The best comment they would give it is 'ok.'

Pizza Hut needs to stop with their attempt to make people think they are a gourmet restaurant. They aren't. They are a pizza joint with average pizza and a few other items. These commercials are almost as pathetic as the Wendy's commercials that try to get you to believe that it isn't fast food.

If you want good wings, go to a wing restaurant or a tailgate party that I throw or fry them at home. Stay away from Pizza Hut and their so called great wings.

opfinistic and Lt Dan like this.
  2. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    I think pizza hut, dominos, and papa johns all use Tyson's frozen wings, taste just like them. And yea, the commercial is bs, like all commercials are. if you really believe the bs they tell you in any commercial, you probably need your head examined.

3. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    I dunno, there are an awful lot of loud mouthed and stupid diners out there.

At least once a day we'll get soft poached eggs sent back too the kitchen because they're too runny.:headwall:

4. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    A couple of things:
    First of all I agree those commercials are BS.
    I'm not a fan of their wings
    They DO deep fry them - my son used to work at a Pizza Hut and one of the things he did there was make the wings.

5. FasanoPaisano

FasanoPaisano Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Near People's Pizza
    If you have a good wing recipeand don't mind sharing, I'd love to have it. I have been making mine on the grill so far this football season using a sauce with Frank's Buffalo Sauce as a base, but with winter coming up, I'll need a good indoor recipe/method.

6. Phinvader Bill

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    I deep fry mine in vegetable oil, and shake them in Frank's Original Red Hot. That's all I do. I like the original better than the Buffalo sauce.

Latea again...I had no idea. Back in the day, I worked at a Pizza Hut and there were no fryers. Must have costed a bundle to put fryers and hoods in every restaurant. :lol:

FasanoPaisano and late again like this.
  7. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    Yeah, I had Duff's Wings when I went to Buffalo in 07 for the Fins game...THOSE are real wings

8. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    I say we get a petition going and sue Pizza Hut for fraud.

I don't eat Pizza Huts food anymore,tbh.It always gives me agida.

9. Lt Dan

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    Pizza Hut is very low on my list when it comes to Pizza. Never been a fan

alen1 likes this.
  10. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Well,

I agree they aren't BWW or Hooter's (2 best wing spots IMO) but I have also had MUCH worse :pity:

I think its all a misnomer to some extent, I went to the "Original" wing spot in Barfello (Is that Duff's that you mentioned Dan? Seems like that's the place) and I was EXTREMELY disappointed.

My wife makes some DAMN good wings. Targets the Hooters "Daytona" wings that they don't even put on the menu. It starts with good old fashioned Tobasco, Barbque sauce, honey, brown sugar, New Mexico Red Chili Powder and a few other choice spices. She then actually Slow cooks them. Talk about temder chicken with flavor throughout. Can't beat them, but of course they are nothing like real "Buffalo" wings :up:

11. Phinvader Bill

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    Those are chicken wings. They sound good, but like you said, not Buffalo wings. I love 'buffalo wings' as in the original way. I'm not crazy about Hooters wings, but we all know we don't really go there for the food. ;)

If you're ever in Georgia, SC, NC, VA, etc find a Wild Wing Cafe and try the Rajun Cajun wings. They are freaking awesome, but still not 'Buffalo Wings' in the true sense of the term. They do have 'Buffalo Wings' and they are good but the Rajun Cajun wings are the best. I've offered a manager at a WWC $100 for the sauce recipe but he didn't take me up on it, and I can't figure it out for the life of me. I've gotten close, but its missing something. I know BWW has rajun cajun wings too, but its really apples and oranges. BBW Rajun Cajun wings don't come close to Wild Wing Cafe.

Jaydog57 likes this.
  12. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Thanks for the info. I checked out their website and they have a Wild Wing Cafe right down the road from where I'm at in Raleigh, NC. I'll have to give 'em a try.

13. Lt Dan

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    I believe the Anchor Bar is the original place

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchor_Bar

azfinfanmang likes this.
  14. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    You know, and this is going to sound crazy I know, but Checker's wings aren't too bad.

15. Phinvader Bill

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
  16. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    I like their fries, that's about it. As a matter of fact, they're marketing their fries at the grocery store now.

17. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    :chuckle:

18. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Nothing beats a good Hotwing smothered in Ranch dressing :drool:

19. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    Dude! You are 14....lol
    You gonna die young.
    :wink2:

20. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Bro, you need the BUFFALO WING commercial to seal the deal that they were full of ****?

How about when they had the balls to say they went to ITALY and the Italian people couldn't tell the difference between their pasta and the restaurant's pasta?

That's an insult to my Paisan's everywhere. :pity:

late again and Motion like this.
  21. Phinvader Bill

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    I forgot about that one. You're right. That would have sealed it had I remembered. I'm not Italian, but I make a mean Italian dish from scratch. Pizza Hut can't touch mine.

22. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    what is this debate even about, lol?

anyone who wants wings isn't going to go to pizza hut anyway. :lol:

FinSane and HardKoreXXX like this.
  23. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    didnt know that WWC had spread that far. there is one on Market Street in Charleston, that is very good. knew they had franchised to Hilton Head and a couple other places in state, but not beyond.

24. FasanoPaisano

FasanoPaisano Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Near People's Pizza

The weather here in Jersey has been p00py all weekend, so I made my wings indoors for football Sunday instead of the grill. I basically used this method except simmered the Frank's original Red Hot with some butter and white wine vinegar before applying. They might have been the best wings I've ever had. This was a really easy method and very tasty.