1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Veterans with VA Benefits

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I wanted to post this so other veterans with VA benefits don't have the same thing happen. VA had me as a missing veteran, and stopped my disability payment this month. They had my address that I lived at 5 years ago. If you have moved and your file is not up to date, please call this number and get it up to date so your benefits will not stop.

1-800-827-1000 or visit www.va.gov

I spoke to a very nice gentleman who updated my info, and notified the San Diego office right away.

2. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    i dont use any of my benefits.... I'm such a loser. I should be buying a home or something. It just seems so daunting... The paper work, processing and all.

3. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    this doesn't apply if you have your benefits set up as direct deposit, does it? i've been getting my monthly payments directly deposited into my bank account - i've moved several times since i've separated and (thankfully) haven't had any problems or interruptions!

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  4. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Yes bro it applies even if you have direct deposit. I had it, and they stopped my monthly benefits. Make sure you take the time to update your info so it doesn't happen to you.:wink2:

texasPHINSfan likes this.
  5. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    thanks for the heads up then brother. i'll have to do that! :)

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  6. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I have called the VA twice this past month and still haven't gotten my monthly benefits reinstated yet. Please make sure this doesn't happen to you if your receiving monthly VA benefits. Also this is very important, when you call them please have the exact amount that you receive monthly. If you don't have the exact dollar amount, they will not update your file.