1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The BCS Declares Germany the Winner of WWII: US Comes in 4th

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by opfinistic, Oct 7, 2009.

1. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    The BCS Declares Germany the Winner of WWII: US Comes in 4th

:pointlol:

Section126, Lt Dan, Zach13 and 15 others like this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    lmfao amazing

3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Who the **** ranked those cheese eating, wine sipping rifle-droppers #1 to begin with?

4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    same bastards that rank USC so high to begin with?

5. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    that's hilarious opfin! thanks for sharing

opfinistic likes this.
  6. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    thats awesome. i refuse to call myself a college football fan until there is a legit championship

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  7. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Good point, and of course that causes the Domino affect; you know, every year, the over-rated Trojans give it to the Yuckeyes from behind, but the Yuckeyes do well the rest of the season making them think they actually belong in the Championship game only to get trounced.
    Its cyclic and should end once the Trojans do their regular ritual every year :up:

8. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Interesting.

You can make the point that strength of schedule is on the Germans side.

they were also UNDEFEATED in conference. (Russia was an out of conference at large opponent)

On the other hand, the US travelled well.

France played their first ranked opponent (lost) and then forfeited the rest of the season.

The Brits had a tough schedule and did just well enough to make the BCS. (Weak conference)

The Japanese...seriously....they only lost to a highly ranked out of conference team, and that team had to resort to a gimmick play (the atomic bomb) to win.

I say that Japan had the most impressive season outside of the US.

Japan vs. US of A in the Orange Bowl for the NC.

BCS Matchups:

Britain vs. Germany
    Russia vs. Italy

Weedeater bowl: France vs. Poland

9. Soundwave

Soundwave Phins Sympathizer..

Apr 15, 2008
    now if you could only use those powers for Good.

10. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    Big problem for the US is that they only played a short schedule, for the second season in a row.

11. Pauly

Nov 29, 2007
    Britain defeated Germany. Germany needed help with a second half field invasion by the Soviet Union to defeat Poland. Despite attempts at running up the score there was late resistance by Poland, Yugoslavia, Holland, Italy and Greece. The only opponent who let the Germans run up the score with impunity were the French.

True that.

They switched conferences and fought Britain in Syria and Madagascar and the US in Morocco and Algeria. They then switched conferences again and had a rematch against Germany.

Germany, Italy and Japan. Same guys the US faced, so that makes the US a weak schedule too?

Japan got beaten by little old Australia, OK they were playing in an sub standard away venue of New Guinea, but they got beatan at Milne Bay before Guadalcanal. They also got towelled up by Britain, who made a remarkable second half comeback under the coaching of Field Marshal Slim.

*cough* Stalingrad *cough* Kursk *cough* Destruction of Army Group Centre *cough* Berlin.
    You might be missing a very important independant here.

Section126 likes this.
  12. Hellion

Hellion Crash Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Here and there
    Hey we call that the Wildbomb not the atom bomb and it's a legitiment formation. Can't help it if Japan couldn't stop it. Not like we reached waayy back and used greek fire on them.:shifty:

I'd have to say Germany lost because they faced an allpro team of the US and England QBed by Eisenhower with speacial team from France. Russia was just and excellent defensive team that played field position and was able to score Berlin on a short field.
    :up:

13. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    What's ****ed up is that it makes perfect sense.

opfinistic and Alex44 like this.
  14. Hellion

Hellion Crash Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Here and there
    I know, funny thing is like the BCS your still not sure the best team won. I mean obviousy aside from terrible immoral acts of genocide and atrocities committed from the Natzi's the military it's self was a finely tuned machine, that if lead by a compitant leader the outcome could have been very very bleek. And in the end alot of our current military technology is based from their developed, semi developed and undeveloped technologies.

15. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    the wildca-errwildbomb may be a new strategy but hell with all the **** talking the Japanese did they sure as hell deserved it.

Section126 likes this.
  16. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    You know what? They played the schedule they were given and won all of their games. They beat #1 and #3 on their schedule, what more can you ask of them? All on the road as well. They refuse to play home games. Some teams could learn from them.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  17. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    I don't think we need another reason to hate the BCS but that was funny.

18. Pauly

Nov 29, 2007
    The US sat at home and missed the first half of the season by its own scheduling choices when it could have got involved. Britain got involved from the beginning both schedules when they guaranteed the neutrality of Belgium (first season) and Poland (second season) when they could have been sitting at home with their feet up like the US was.

As for not playing home games, the Japanese had to get the US start their schedule by showing up for a game on the US home field uninvited.

Stitches likes this.
  19. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Italy got hosed.

20. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    Never trust anything you read on the internet. That's how WWII got started.

Pauly likes this.
  21. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that....I would buy J-LO's share in the Dolphins.