1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by anlgp, Oct 2, 2009.

1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Everyone can get this. Check your boobs. Or get someone to check them for you :shifty: (seriously, like a doctor).

azfinfanmang and NaboCane like this.
  2. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I have three friends, including a very dear one here that are breast cancer survivors. Have fun with this if you wish.. but at home, take it serious, it could save more lives, maybe one that is the mother of your children.

3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    This is indeed a very very serious subject.

Let's please please keep this respectful folks. There are many humorous things in life, breast cancer is NOT one of them.

I am glad we as a Society go to the extents we do to recognize this. God bless those that are survivors, and equally those that aren't.

4. anlgp

I saved my grandmother's life from breast cancer by crawling on her chest as a baby. It was only then that she noticed that something was wrong and went to the doctor to get checked out. She had to get it removed and now wears a fake breast on one side.

I know how serious the subject is which is why I made the post.

Just because I make light of a situation does not mean I think it to be a joke. It's how I cope. To assume that's how I view it is an insult.

5. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i have several survivors in my family and in-laws as well. I usually volunteer and help out for an enormous walk my mother in-law leads/organizes every year. this strikes so many women, yet its very beatable. you must be very proactive. get your mamos ladies!

6. HolliFinFan

HolliFinFan Not a Face Painter Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    South Florida
    I don't think any insults were intended. Since you mentioned seeing a doctor, I gauged sincerity in your post. Breast cancer is so widespread, and there are varying degrees of it, even if caught early. My friend, and fellow Dolphin fan, is Stage 3. They had to do chemo just to be able to do the double mastectomy. After, this is recent, she still is facing both radiation and chemo again. I have had other friends whose breast cancer was eliminated by the needle bioposy and short term radiation. Every case is different. Every case deserves research, and every woman and man affected by breast cancer deserves preventative mammograms and healthy living guidelines by doctors' advice.

anlgp and azfinfanmang like this.
  7. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Holli is absolutely correct. No insults intended towards you Steve, I just want this to stay on the straight and narrow. I also commend you for bringing the subject to light in the first place.

HolliFinFan likes this.
  8. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    my grandma died due to cancer of the uterus. So while I i don't know anyone stricken with breast cancer, I have lost a family member to cancer. I agree with anlgp, ladies and gentlemen, get your yearly exams. Because when you go, trust me you have no idea how many people will actually miss you. Love you grandma :(

azfinfanmang, HolliFinFan and alen1 like this.
  9. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I have an aunt who is a survivor, as well as my mother. Unfortunately, I have another aunt as well that didnt make it. Very serious subject, and wish we could find a cure for this already... its a terrible thing for anyone to go through.

azfinfanmang and alen1 like this.
  10. anlgp

I don't think any insult was intended I just took it that way.

I've been in weird moods lately, no problem guys.

And yeah, early screenings save lives.

I know I'm going to have to get checked for prostate cancer because my grandfather had it.. so even though it's not the most pleasing test in the world to get life > test.

11. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Yeah, having eye gouged out with rusty dull icepick dipped in IcyHot>prostate check. But still have to have it done. :pity:

anlgp likes this.
  12. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    [​IMG]

They went too damn far.

anlgp likes this.
  13. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Prostate cancer seems to run in my family, My grandfather has it but its gone into remisson.

14. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    my mom lost one of her breasts to breast cancer. she works part-time at hooters. :lol:

kidding, but seriously she is a survivor. we have two family members that survived, one that did not. i've done probably 11 of the 60-mile fundraiser walks. when mom was going through it, we had a giant "publishers clearing-house" style check made and brought it to the hospital with some balloons. It was from "Hooters" (complete with logo in corner), and it was for "A gajabillion dollars", and in the "for" field we wrote "a new pair of hooters". It was tongue-in-cheek, and most everyone in the cancer section there at the hospital laughed - which was the point. :)

they won't find an easy (or genuine) cure anytime soon though - not as long as there is this much money flying around..... IMO

unluckyluciano and HardKoreXXX like this.