1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cincinnati is one sick city

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DrAstroZoom, Sep 24, 2009.

1. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
  2. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    [​IMG]

Pretty sick.

3. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Its wrong for sure, but its not a big deal. This shouldn't be news or something that people called about. This is what Halloween is for.

4. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Anything for the money I guess.
    Disgusting.

Hey, I was born and raised right out of Cincy and I'm not bad......:tongue2:

5. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Wow, considering all the debates we've had in the PoFo, it's amazing that this is where I've disagreed with you more strongly than anywhere else.

Fin D likes this.
  6. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Oh, all right. :bighug:

dolphindebby likes this.
  7. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Thanks Doc.:wink2:

8. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    lol

I'm not big on stuff like this being taboo, especially during Halloween. I've just always viewed Halloween as the day we didn't have to worry about being offensive, cause its all in good fun. I view that as therapeutic.

9. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    There's never a good time to make light of someone's murder, IMO.

dolphindebby and alen1 like this.
  10. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I am offended. But mainly because it isn't accurate. I beleive she ended up on the ground...

So it is in poor taste, but honestly, isn't ALL of Halloween essentially done in poor taste? We dress up our kids like ghosts, goons, aliens and fat assed pumpkins and have them essentially break the cardinal kid rule (talking to strangers) in the hopes of getting food that is known to cause all kinds of health problems if consumed in mass quantities.

Oh if people want to take the high road about the jokes/murder thing, then please answer honestly if you have ever cracked a joke about OJ Simpson or not. Despite what the criminal courts say, he murdered two people and yet he is the punchline of more jokes than just about anyone.

The McNair gag is probably one that would make me take notice, but nothing that would think less of anyone. In many ways, it IS original and creative, even if it is wrong.

AbideN703, Fin D and NaboCane like this.
  11. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Did I chuckle when I saw the picture? Yes I did.

I do have a sick sense of humor; that may account for why I can appreciate this while a lot of other people can't.

Take Sam's very good point about OJ Simpson, though; how many of us have laughed at an OJ joke? But if I posted the crime scene pics of Nicole Brown Simpson's bloody corpse, it would be horrifying.

I once heard someone say that humor is horror + time and/or distance.

And sometimes things like this are humorous simply because of their outrageousness...but I have a feeling it was too soon for this one particular joke.

Fin D, opfinistic and Samphin like this.
  12. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Ive seen alot worse but very poor taste.

13. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.

Well, the immediate difference that comes to mind is that with OJ, people were laughing at the perp, not the victim.

alen1, NaboCane and dolphindebby like this.
  14. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    All in all, it's all in the timing.

I've seen over the years that everything becomes humorous with the passing of time.

I remember the year Dale Ernhardt died I was at a county fair (an interesting experience in itself) and was listening to a man ranting and raving that he heard a Dale joke and how offensive it was to him....as he was overseeing the inflatable Titanic kiddie slide. :lol:

Maybe the McNair gag was too soon. I'm sure a few years down the road it will be considered funny.

Hell, I'll admit I laughed my *** off when I saw the first "Nicole Simpson Pez Dispenser" costume, but like Nabo my sense of humor is completely warped.

All in the timing.

opfinistic, DOLPHAN1 and Fin D like this.
  15. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I agree it's in the timing. Gilbert Gottfried holds the world record for "too soon" when he made 9-11 jokes the week after at a Roast in NYC.

NaboCane and Fin D like this.
  16. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    :lol: Gottfried is gold. He's just a horrible little man who tells the most offensive jokes you can think of.

He certainly tells the longest and foulest version of The Aristocrats.

17. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    its mirroring a celebrities death, been done before. Its not all that creative, and not all that funny IMO. and I have a twisted sense ofhumor.