1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kanye's at it again...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by 305, Sep 13, 2009.

Tags:
  1. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    At the VMAs:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfteqckVVKY"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

The video keeps getting taken down... just search youtube for "vma kanye west"

2. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    dick

gunn34 likes this.
  3. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    I bet Leno is regretting having him on his first show tomorrow night

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    lmao like the vma's mean anything......stfu kanye

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    are you serious?!?! hes loving it......ratings will be up even higher.....

"i wanna see what kanye says on leno"

its gunna be the talk of all the news for weeks dude

6. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    what'd this idiot do now? they took the video down.

7. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

After seeing it, its a non issue. This is what Kanye does and MTV LOVES this stuff as they can now milk it beyond the point of relevance and pretend that their show and awards actually mean something.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  8. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Just made himself look more like a douche than normal.

Kanye opens his mouth and sticks his own **** in it...AGAIN.

Where was Mike Meyers to roll his eyes?
    You might wanna ask Taylor if it was a non-issue. It embarrassed her on national television.

9. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    kanye likes fishsticks?

10. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I really, really don't like this guy.

What a POS.

Pagan, gunn34, Jt0323 and 2 others like this.
  11. Samphin

The beauty is, Kanye will write a song about it that will immediately go into the top five and his next album will probably end up topping the charts.

Kanye wins.

SICK likes this.
  12. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    what a little weirdo.

13. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    bingo

14. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    and yeah, it was all slathered up nicely on mtv.com. viacom trying to keep that ish exclusive baby!

15. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    and it gained her a standing ovation and sympathy.....she'll be fine dude.....

Pagan likes this.
  16. Muck

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    If it were up to her, I'm sure she'd prefer he just stayed in his seat and shut up.

17. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAxailJPU5Q"]YouTube - South Park - Kanye West - Gay Fish[/ame]

18. Samphin

This isn't the first time he has done this and in fact, I believe that one of the guys from Rage Against the Machine flipped out when Limp Bizkit won best rock album or something like that one year.

He jumped up on stage climbed to the top of some structure and rocked back and forth like he was Eddy Vedder while Fred Durst gave his acceptance speech.

Personally, I like Kanye an dhis music, A LOT. He is brash, he speaks his mind (for better or worse) and never backs down. That whole place hates him right now and he is most likely still sitting in his seat, simply taking it. He reminds me of Milton Bradley in a way. He internalizes a lot of things, doesn't always channel it the proper way, but he typically comes up with good music about the instances and that, is what I look forward to.

SICK likes this.
  19. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Ah Kanye West, a legend in his own mind. A talentless hack, has to have his voice manufactured by synthesizers, and shows it by sucking major *** live. He truly is a piece of garbage lifeform who represents EVERYTHING I hate about the music industry today. EVERYTHING.

20. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    jesus christ you act like he ****ing murdered someone....chill out dude

cause the music industry has always been straight laced and professional with no qualms in the past right?

21. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Its meant to be tongue in cheek.

22. 305

305 Brawndo Club Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Get off my lawn.
    :lol: Kanye West when he got Punk'd

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJb7OvHhBBg"]YouTube - Kanye West Gets Punk'D On The Set Of Jesus Walks[/ame]

Gotta admit he acted like a little *****

23. Muck

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Music aside, I don't know why anyone would admire him for, quite frankly, being a pompous, inconsiderate *******.

As for sitting in his seat taking it, he brought that on himself. He's not a victim.

And wouldn't it be better if he wrote a song without embarrassing or inconveniencing someone else? Hurting my girlfriend so I can write a song doesn't make me deep. It makes me a jerk.

24. Samphin

You do know that all of his albums with the exception of one don't use the autotone right? It was, essentially a concept album. It makes me laugh when people label him as a talentless hack who needs to use the autotone. Truth is, he was successful enough without it and will be after using it as well.

And what I hate about the music industry are the people who steal the music, the execs that get rich off of the artists music and unoriginal artists. KAnye doesn't fit into any of those categories.

25. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Kanye is from the g-h-e-t-t-o* he just keepin' it real...

*As long as his Ghetto includes his Dr. parents and BMW convertables without stolen license tags and a latte' not a 40 dog of OE in the cupholder..

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  26. Samphin

If this is true, I missed it as well. I apologize.

Dolphin1184 likes this.
  27. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Rant partially fueled by today's embarrassing loss. :sad:

28. Samphin

Kanye is a sensitive person moreso than anything else. He takes the smallest (if that) slights, makes them internal, where it festers into something bigger and then turns it into something bigger. Usually it is in the form of music, sometimes in the form of an "outburst."

As someone whose personal philosophy is to never hold anything back and always tell the truth and how I feel, regardless of feelings hurt, I can respect his cavalier type attitude. In many ways, I can relate, on a smaller scale to what he has done and how he feels about certain things. I think it takes guts to put yourself out there like that, right wrong or otherwise.

In way he is playing russian roulette with his career each time he does something like that. But in the end, he is talented enough to get people to let it slide. I suppose some of the anger people feel towards Kanye should be directed at the enablers around him, in a way.

But in this instance, I don't see anythign too wrong here. MTV is LOVING this, right now. What just happened, makes their stupid award look important and relevant on a larger scale than it did prior to him doing it. Quite frankly, I think a Phinzee is more prestigous at this point, but you wouldn't know it based off the buzz he created for himself and MTV.

Kanye essentially just lined Viacom execs pockets for a few weeks, if not months.

29. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    I have been saying this for YEARS.
    Kanye is an *******.
    I like his music, but he is a dick.

30. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    One of Kanye's biggest songs from what I remember "sampled" Daft Punk. It's not "stealing" but almost everyone I knew that liked that song had no clue who daft punk was.

31. Muck

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    For someone so hyper-sensitive, he doesn't appear to have any regard for anyone but himself. I think he's so sensitive because his head is that far up his ***.

I don't think he's gutsy as much as self-absorbed and selfish. It's easier to be cavalier when you think you're better than everyone else. Though I suspect he's highly insecure in some ways.

OT: Isn't his 'girlfriend' a lesbian? I really think he's in the closet. Maybe that's it. I dunno.

dolphindebby and padre31 like this.
  32. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Wow. I feel bad for Taylor Swift(and I hate country). She was just holding the microphone like what the hell was she supposed to say? This was her special moment and Kayne ruins it. What a douchebag.

33. Samphin

I was referring to the consumers who illegally pirate music moreso. I have no problem with sampling. There are clear rules and laws about what is acceptable and what is not. Provided that the artist(s) in questions stay within those parameters, I am okay with it. From an artistic standpoint, I see it as being no different than remixes or covers. A re-imagining or sorts.

And shame on your friends for not knowing who Daft Punk was/is. :lol:

34. Samphin

I'm not saying what he does was right. I just don't see it as anything too wrong, I guess. MTV, for years, prided itself on its show being live, outrageous and filled with a sense that antyhing can happen. Kanye, essentially, helped promote that image. I would imagine that the offical press release will have them admonishing him and his behaviour, but behind the curtain, they are all grinning ear to ear.

Oh and Taylor Swift might want to get a thank you card ready for Kanye as well. I assume that her next album's sales just went up big time based off of this and people feeling the nedd to "support" her. If she doesn't spit somethign out within the next month to capitalize, she and her management team are crazy.

As far as what Kanye's motivations are/were, I can speak for the man. I agree that he is selfish, but like most famous people who go after a sense of fame (be it sports, movies, music, etc.) you almost have to be to have any type of success. Look no further than Michael Jordan's Hall of Fame induction speech to see exhibit A.

Meh, Kanye just secured her at least a gold album, if not platinum whenever she comes out with another album. I assume she is popular by her lonesome ( I am not familiar with her), but I would also assume the majority of her fans are females who tend to rally behind and support artists when something liek this happens. And nothing says support like giving a rich and famous person more money! :lol:

35. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    LMFAO ****ing hilarious.

Wow that was funny.

Btw its a MTV award show cmon now.

SICK and Samphin like this.
  36. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    For the record, regardless of who they give their popularity contest awards to, MTV has sucked for years. Just so you know. :smile:

37. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    classy as always... what kind of an anus do you have to be to get so upset about who won an MTV award that you would storm the stage in protest?

hmmm, i wonder if Kanye is a reality tv fan? maybe they can invite him to the live finale of Big Brother on Tuesday. maybe he has an opinion to share on that too.

38. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Borderland, Taylor Swift doesn't need any help selling records from anyone... she's doing just fine on her own.

39. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    I haven't watched anything MTV puts out for years, but they're known for staging these type of things. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this is a bit.

SICK, charlestonphan and Samphin like this.
  40. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Yeah, Lucky has all of them, right next to his Jonas Brothers discs.

...and his Rico Suave poster :shifty: