1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted to Share

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by njfinfan, Sep 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    I feel really great right now. You see, I think I did a good deed today. Walking to the car after work, it's quite cold and rainy here in NNJ. I see a lady with a shopping cart with what looks like all her belongings in it and in the other hand, she was pushing a baby stroller. On closer examination, the baby stroller had a little baby in it - baby looked to be about 7-9 months old. The kicker is, in the cold and rain the baby had only a diaper on and was covered by no umbrella and the stroller was an umbrella stroller with no cover. I had an umbrella and a cherished suede Dolphins jacket that was given to me at the draft party at Mike's by Jason (In_Flames). I approached her and asked her very gently why the baby was not covered up. She began crying and said that she was homeless - she had been kicked out of her home by an abusive boyfriend - and was on her way to the soup kitchen to get them both fed. I gave her a hug and asked her if I could touch her baby. I picked the baby up, wrapped her in the cherished Dolphins jacket and gave the woman my umbrella. The woman tried to repay me with a can of chicken noodle soup. I couldn't take it from her. Though I lost an inexpensive new umbrella and a cherished jacket that a good friend gave me, I feel awesome inside. We all get so wrapped up in our material possessions, we don't realize how many people are so much less fortunate than us. I truly encourage everyone to try and do a good deed once in awhile - not that you don't - you all are awesome. You'll be amazed at how it makes you feel.

Thanks for listening.

2. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    It is no wonder to me why you are loved Mary.. you're special sweety.

3. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

Ain't that the truth...

/Got something in my eye... :pity:

dolphindebby, like2god and njfinfan like this.
  4. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Awesome stuff. Most people just see that and shake their heads, you did something about it. Also, I'm glad there was no yelling involved in this story (looking at you, Fin D)

Alex44, Fin D, dolphindebby and 5 others like this.
  5. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thank you guys - I just couldn't imagine that little baby getting sick (pneumonia or something). It would so weigh on my conscience and they both looked so helpless. Wish I could have slipped her a little bit of money, but I haven't gotten paid yet.

6. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    I wouldn't have expected anything less from you Mary, I'm proud of ya. :hi5:

dolphindebby, njfinfan and cnc66 like this.
  7. TrueDolFan

TrueDolFan Minion of Satan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    Awesome! You are truly a kind-hearted person. The world needs more people like you.

8. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    good job nj. your high class.

9. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Oh, my dear, dear friend. You are so kind and courageous. I am so proud to call you my friend.
    God bless you Mary.

cnc66, like2god and njfinfan like this.
  10. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Sure does. I'm am so grateful to have become her friend. I truly feel honored to call her friend.

Alex44, cnc66, like2god and 1 other person like this.
  11. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thank you so much my friend. I appreciate it. Hope you have fun watching the game this Sunday. Give JT a squeeze for me if you get close enough. :lol: I'm sorry I couldn't get to your PM's today. The site is blocked for me at work. I leave it open at home on my computer and when I get home I try to catch up.

Alex44 and dolphindebby like this.
  12. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    If I get close enough I'll bring him home and we'll share. Isn't that what friends do? :wink2:

No problem on the pms. I know your busy.

I can't wait 'till Sun. I'm almost having mini anxiety attacks.:yes: Isn't that dumb? One of the biggest thrills of my life and I get anxiety.:no:

cnc66 and njfinfan like this.
  13. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I'm so attracted to you right now.

Alex44 and cnc66 like this.
  14. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    MARY, Mary. mary.

The world needs more Angels like yourself. You are an indeed an incredible person.

Just think, that baby can't help but grow up a Phins fan as well.

Hope your weekend is fantastic!

cnc66 and njfinfan like this.
  15. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    We were SO, So, so close to homelessness. I was able to use the internet and other resources to prevent that, thank goodness. When I first got home, I was typing this and tears were falling on my keyboard because I'm certain I know how she felt and then I felt so great inside. Thank you my friend Kenny. I appreciate everyone here so much more for their advice and nurturing in my thread. You all rock!

cnc66 likes this.
  16. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    hahahaha..

dolphindebby and njfinfan like this.
  17. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    :tantrum:

Deb and Mary need them some JT Marty. Don't laugh. :knucks:

dolphindebby and cnc66 like this.
  18. TJamesW_Phinfan

TJamesW_Phinfan New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Exactly what went through my head when I read the original post. It would be a better world for sure with more people with that kind of compassion and selflessness that you showed nj.

19. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I don't know you as many of the other do here njfinfan, but have read a few of your posts, and now this. And, I'd just like to say that you are not only an inspiration to all of us here at ThePhins.com, but to our society as a whole. God Bless you for taking the time to stop and inquire, then do something truly selfless and kind. Who knows, maybe your gesture will give that poor woman the courage and inspiration she needs to pick herself up and turn her luck and life around. We can only hope. Regardless, you've certainly given me reason to pause and reflect on my own selfish thoughts and actions.

:bless:

njfinfan likes this.
  20. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Wow - I am truly flooded in tears by you guys' comments. I was just trying to help someone else out. I love you all and your comments floor me. Thank you so much!

dolphindebby likes this.
  21. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    wow, what an amazing thing to do. wonderful.

njfinfan likes this.
  22. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Never had I cried from a story on this website,so chalk this up as the first.
    It rips my heart out just thinking that this can go on in our country today.
    Mary,you are just a wonderful person and It doesn't amaze me at all that you would do such a selfless act.It goes to show that there's still compassion in this world. God bless that Mother and baby.

23. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    You're the greatest Jersey chick EVER, Mary.

njfinfan likes this.
  24. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thank you my friend.

25. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Simply the Mary we have grown to love.:up: That was very kind, thoughtful, and loving of you Mary.:yes:

njfinfan and dolphindebby like this.
  26. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Yeah, come on Marty. Us girls deserve some fun, don't we?
    Just think how lucky JT will be. :wink2:

njfinfan likes this.
  27. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    that was a very gracious thing to do...very nice and speaks a lot about your character