1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samphin Presents: Wolf Droppings...preseason addition

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Samphin, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

[​IMG]

Greetings and salutations. For those who may not know, or simply forgot, I am Samphin AKA Borderland Wolf. Last year, I wrote something weekly called the Manifesto. But after a year of scribbling on pictures, making stupid jokes and realizing that I copied the name of the piece from Bill Simmons (A Patriots fan); I decided to put the old dog down.

[​IMG]

But in the Manifesto’s death, comes the birth of a new column. A column with funny pictures, corny jokes and the worst football analysis you have ever read. To make a long story short, it is the same column as before but with a new name. With that said, let us review the preseason!

Matt Roth

Training camp started with a tremendous fart as assumed starting linebacker Matt Roth, failed his fitness test and then proceeded to act like a kid who forgot to do his homework and needs to explain himself to his teacher. I honestly haven’t seen so many lame excuses since the last time I failed to perform in the bedroom…wait.

Anyhow, Matt Roth has yet to suit up for even one practice and/or game up until this point and we still don’t know what the hell is wrong with him. Is he injured? Is he sick? Is he holding out for a new contract? The only thing we do know is that we won’t see him play for Miami until at least week 7 as Tony Sparano and company decided to plop his not so injured arse on the Non Football Injury list.

[​IMG]

H1N1…Hut Hut Hike!

Well the pandemic that is the Swine Flu didn’t spare our beloved Dolphins this preseason either. At least two players came down with a case of it. No word yet on whether or not they actually had it, or if they were using it as an excuse as to why they crapped the bed on special teams. But in the end, the Swine Flu situation turned out to parallel the Eric Green one. A decent amount of coverage and expectations when it came in, only to be over and done with the team a week or so later.

But unlike Eric Green, more people were upset when Swine Flu left. We can only hope and pray that both end up following Dave Wannstedt and Nick Saban to whatever programs they coach in the future.

[​IMG]

Undefeated Preseason

For the first time since 1998, YOUR Miami Dolphins finished the preseason a perfect 4-0. And we ALL know what happened in 1998. Miami went on to make the playoffs and ultimately win the Super Bowl that year. Okay so that last part didn’t happen…but it should have. If they had a preseason Super Bowl (and they should), Miami would certainly be playing in it. But they don’t so we will just have to take solace in the fact that Miami is the best team to play in meaningless games. And we all know that going undefeated in preseason equates to a whole bunch of regular season success. What’s that laughing sound? It appears to be originating from the Detroit area…

[​IMG]

Please Remember Me, Miami

And now for a new feature for this season. Last year, we had fun taking a look at the many athletes, celebrities and politicians that were associated with the Miami Dolphins and their run-ins with the law. It was called the “Dol-Phelon of the Week Award.” This year, I thought we should shed some light on some of the lesser known, or remembered players from Miami’s past, in a piece I call, “Please Remember me, Miami!”

The first entry is none other than former Miami Dolphins Quarterback, Steve DeBerg. The blue eyed bombshell started his career with the San Francisco 49ers in 1977 and was able to remain gainfully employed up until retiring with Atlanta in 1998. Previous to his stint in Hotlanta, he graciously spent his 1993 season in South Florida playing for our beloved football team.

He appeared in five games for Miami, starting four of them and threw for over 1,500 yards and completed 60% of his passes. In other words, he was about 13 times more effective than Daunte Culpepper and Joey Harrington were here. He only managed to throw for six touchdowns and seven interceptions though, and he was sacked fifteen times in five games, making a torn achilles Dan Marino at the time, look mobile by comparison. But his QB rating was over 80 and above his career mark so huzzah to you Steve DeBerg!

When contacted for a comment on being the first former Miami Dolphin to win this prestigious award, Mr. DeBerg was quoted as saying, “Who the **** are you? Get your *** off my property before I shoot icicles out of my frosty blue eyes!”

Congratulations Steve DeBerg, we salute you.

[​IMG]

2. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Always a pleasure reading your stuff,Sam. :up:

Samphin likes this.
  3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    You know, even more than Vontae Davis' health, and X2 for Matty Rotten, I was worried we wouldnt be seeing the Maneifesto or any manifestations of it.

Good to see you Sam, and your junk as well :yes:

Themole and Samphin like this.
  4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    [​IMG]

That made me lol hard.

Samphin likes this.
  5. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

Great stuff, Borderland.

Much better than that tripe Samphin used to put out. So glad you're here and not him anymore...

Two Tacos, FinSane, GISH and 5 others like this.
  6. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    who's Samphin?...

djphinfan, DOLPHAN1 and Samphin like this.
  7. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I went to one of the games Deberg QB'd for us. He hadn't been with the team literally 2 minutes before he was thrown in there. EXCELLENT play-action QB.

Love the Matt Rothy gif.

calphin and Samphin like this.
  8. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    The first football game I went to in 1993 was a Bucs game, QBed by Steve DeBerg.
    The last game I went to in 1993 was the Fins/Patriots game. QBed by Steve DeBerg.

9. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

I don't want to see his junk....:no:

Colorado Dolfan and Samphin like this.
  10. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    woot! its football time!

Samphin likes this.
  11. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    lol. that was a fun read

Samphin likes this.
  12. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Great stuff.

why the name change?

Samphin likes this.
  13. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    relatives were involved
    lol

calphin and Samphin like this.
  14. Samphin

Well, the MAnifesto's were fun, but they were formatted in a way that made it tiresome and tedious towards the end of the season. This year, the articles will change week to week in what I talk about and how I present them. Plus, I am dead honest that I saw a column that Bill Simmons' did where he called it the manifesto, so I felt that I had to change it.

If you're asking about MY name change...it's been documented 50 times over in the lounge but besically, it boils down to wanting to change it... :shifty:

calphin likes this.
  15. Samphin

This is true. :shifty:

16. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Great stuff, brother.
    Hey.....wasn't 98 the year that Denver won the Super Bowl? The year they knocked us out of the playoffs? The same year that we later found out that they were paying Elway and Davis, etc under the table?
    In other words they were cheating...??
    So you're right we should have won the Super Bowl that year.

Samphin likes this.
  17. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    How do we know this is the true Samphin, you might be a tweeter blogger imposter?

Funny as always..

Samphin and late again like this.
  18. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Good stuff...

Samphin likes this.
  19. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Ahh, Steve DeBerg, master of the 15-step dropback and sack. Can you say 3rd and 25? He wasn't bad, but wasn't good. Still for our 10th string QB that year it was hard to complain, plus he QB'd the great Thanksgiving snow game vs the Cowboys.

Samphin likes this.
  20. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Good read, but are you North or South of the Border?

Samphin likes this.
  21. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Right on Sammy!

Samphin likes this.