1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dwayne Bowe Dropped to 3rd String | Zach Thomas listed as starting ILB

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Vengeful Odin, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Being from Kansas, I'm kind of forced to follow the Chiefs, whether I like to or not. I thought this story coming out of camp was interesting:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1378090.html

It sounds to me like Bowe is regressing as he enters into year 3.

On the defensive side of the ball, I was interested to see how the Chiefs LB situation would play out. I'm not surprised to see Hali starting at the rush OLB position and Vrabel starting at other OLB spot, but I was a bit surprised by the ILBs. Derrick Johnson is apparently transitioning to an inside spot, and he's listed as the starter alongside our beloved Zach Thomas. Thinking about that move, it reminds me a lot of the Crowder/Thomas relationship that developed when we moved to the 3-4.

I'm also mildly surprised to see Glenn Dorsey as a starting DE, with Tyson Jackson 2nd string and Alex Magee isn't even listed. Kind of interesting, given that we had heard Dorsey was in the dog house a bit.

You can check out the rest of the depth chart here: http://www.kansascity.com/160/story/1378077.html?storylink=omni_popular

2. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    traitor!!!

Big E and Vengeful Odin like this.
  3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I wouldn't buy into the depth chart slotting. Bowe's going to start, he just needs a good kick in the *** from Haley so he can start focusing. He had a practice the other day where he dropped four passes. Last year, he had thirteen dropped passes in sixteen games and he was targeted quite a bit.

I'm really intrigued by Derrick Johnson starting an inside linebacker. I really wonder how he does there.

Alex Magee has been taking a lot of snaps at end and has been impressive. He's created a pass rush for them and even had a sack - strip the other day. Tyson Jackson just signed his deal two or three days ago and he's only been working on the sidelines with technique and what not from what I've read. He needs to be caught up with the playbook. In regards to Dorsey, he's started practicing full time according to a report I read a couple days ago. He's done with the conditioning exercises and has started working at end.

Also, Haley reminds me of Red from That 70's Show. He's probably like "how about I kick your ***?" every day.

4. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    Cassel is going to light it up

5. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I miss Zach. I really wish it was possible for him to come home.:cry:

Jt0323 and Crappy Tipper like this.
  6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    To me, the Chiefs could use David Martin and Greg C....

7. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    If they wanna trade Bowe to the Fins I am totally cool with that!

CashInFist likes this.
  8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    That Hali comment was interesting because I've read that in the past couple days, he, Turk McBride and Vrabel have really been doing a good job of applying pressure.

I hope so. He's sucked in practices from what I read.

For free, sure. For a draft pick, no, lol. He reminds me of Chris Chambers. He has a great vertical jump and he brings down the tough catches but drops the easy ones. We have sure handed receivers on this team right now so I rather stick with them.

9. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Come on. Chambers drops were not that bad. Stats LLC had him at 8 the year everyone was poo pooing him on drops. That's like 4 more than the sure handed receivers. Sure it's double, but it wasn't outrageous. That year Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison had about the same number.

Big E and dolphan117 like this.
  10. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    I once did a thread comparing his drop to premier receivers around the league, the drops issue was way overblown.

Most fans dont know that Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, and TO have all led the league in drops in different years. Chambers stacks up very well when compared to those guys in terms of drops..... Difference is that he is simply not as productive.

11. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Why trade Greg C when we rewarded him with new contract?

12. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Bess is ahead of him and with our 2 rookies I honestly expect Greg to be trade bait either this year or next. Probably next.

His contract was 3 years for just under 6 million so he its very attractive in terms of trade value and wont hurt our cap if we did deal him.

13. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Its not like I said Chambers drops a ball every game. I simply compared the situation between him and Bowe. Bowe drops more balls but I compared how they both come up with acrobatic catches and then will drop one they shouldn't.

14. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Johnson showed how he'd do in the middle last year, when he had to move inside due to injuries. He is not going to do well. He was the best of what they had there last, but that isn't saying much.

Not a downhill player, and is best served if allowed to roam, not to fight traffic and take on blockers. He will be eaten alive inside this season IMO.

15. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia

David Bowe would instantly be our #1 or #2 WR if we somehow got lucky enough, or the Chiefs got stupid enough to trade him to us. Unless there is an undisclosed injury to Bowe I don't know about, I would give up our #2 draft pick next year to get him in a Miami Dolphins uniform this year. :up:

16. CashInFist

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia

I remember I would not have cared if we drafted Glenn Dorsey with our #2 overall when we took Ronnie Brown. He was a beast in college comparable to Warren Sapp, only I always thought Sapp was better than Dorsey. I also remember Glenn D had back problems early which was a red flag, imo. Is he still having those problems?

17. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    um Dorsey was in the 2008 draft, no 2005 like Brown.

18. CashInFist

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia

LOL ur right I meant Jake Long, lol. my bad :pity:

FinSane likes this.