1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do with Carl Crawford?

Discussion in 'Other Fantasy Sports' started by PeaTearGriffin, May 25, 2009.

Tags:
  1. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    Should I sell high on him expecting him to slow down a bit. Or do you think he'll keep this pace and is worth keeping? I just got offered Reyes for him(yes i know hes struggling) but if i can get Cole Hamels added in is it worth it?

2. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I wouldn't touch Reyes right now. He's had some leg problems in the past and if he can't run than he's not worth it and really drops in the depth chart SS and fantasy wise. Crawford is going to run. I'd just keep him for now.

PeaTearGriffin likes this.
  3. PeaTearGriffin

Dec 8, 2007
    We play in a league with holds and I'm also first in that category and the guy that made the offer is last so I'm thinking i'll counter with Crawford and Arredondo for Braun. Thoughts?

4. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    If you can get Braun for Crawford and replaceable holds guys i dont know what youre waiting for. Unless this is a roto style league Crawford is a replaceable commodity. The only reason Ive held him so long in my auction league is because he represents a tremendous keeper value at $17 while comparable players like Reyes ($50), Hanley ($47), Victorino ($26) and Ichiro ($31) were overpriced.

5. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Absolutely. Braun is a top 10 fantasy hitter. If you can do that it's a steal. Good luck.

Holds are also incredibly easy stat to get so I wouldn't worry about giving up Arredondo.

6. PeaTearGriffin

Dec 8, 2007
    Oh I would do it in a heartbeat...to bad that was my counter offer. It is a Roto league but I have about a 25 steal lead and also have Victorino. Figured I could get more for Crawford while he is really hot. Holds aren't a problem either because I have Marmol.

What do you guys think I could get in return for Carl? Or even Victorino(who I would rather trade but understand his value isn't as high) Looking for any pitching help or a HR/RBI machine without a big hit on AVG?

7. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I could probably give you some ideas if you posted your roster so I could get an idea of what your strengths and weaknesses are. Crawford is a beast in roto so I think I may be more inclined to deal Victorino....

8. PeaTearGriffin

Dec 8, 2007
    C: Soto
    1st: Pujols
    2nd: Kinsler
    3rd: Miggy
    SS: Alexei Ramirez
    OF: Markakis
    OF: Crawford
    OF: Victorino
    Utli: Jay Bruce
    Bench: Nelson Cruz

SP: Gallardo
    SP: Wainwright
    RP: Marmol
    RP: Qualls
    P: Matt Lindstrom
    P: Arredondo
    P: Mike Gonzalez
    Bench: Cueto, Kershaw, Parra, Lilly

Now I know my hitters are stacked as long as everyone produces like they should. I would prefer to move Victorino because I don't think he adds anything to the team.

9. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    The best solution is usually the simple one. SS and Sp are the areas you need to target imo. I would package vic with Alex Ramirez to a team near the bottom in steals. When you put Cruz in he still steals bases and could be good for a 25hr/20steal season at his present pace, maybe better.

I think there are some good buy low candidates out there at SS; troy Tulowitzki is a 2nd half player and Mike Young is SS eligible in yahoo format. I might try and do something like Vic + Parra + Ramirez for a SS and a SP.

10. PeaTearGriffin

Dec 8, 2007
    Just for an update I ended up trading Crawford and Alexei for David Wright. Picked up Drew for SS.

11. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I like Drew more than Alexei so nice move there. It all depends on your needs as far as SBs, HR, AVG etc. I'm a big Wright fan but his season is a little strange but I probably would have made the moves you did as well.

12. PeaTearGriffin

Dec 8, 2007
    Well I have about a 25 steals lead and the guy I made the trade with is about 50 behind me. HRs I'm in first and hope that Wright starts to turn it on. AVG and OBP are more struggle areas where I am in the middle of the pack so hopefully this helps me jump up a little.

13. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Oh ok, then yes absolutely 100% good move by you.