1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trade dilemma

Discussion in 'Other Fantasy Sports' started by Regan21286, May 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Currently being offered Mike Lowell and Brandon Webb for A-Rod, my former 7th round pick this year. Currently, A-Rod's on Util slot while Ludwick, Manny, and Posada are out plus Longoria is the 3B. Could use a little pitching bump (Billingsley, Jered Weaver, Harden, Lilly) but not as much as OF, closer (now that Morrow sucked balls), or SS. Bit concerned as to whether Webb can return fully healed and full time plus I was hoping to angle A-Rod for an OF or SS. Should I do it though?

2. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    No way I'd do that. Lowell is a nice player and all but he's no Arod. And I wouldn't touch Webb right now and even if he comes back there's no telling how good he'd be. If you really need pitching help I'm sure you could trade Arod for a top pitcher like Lincecum or possibly Sabathia. No need to trade him for a hurt pitcher or a non elite hitter. Arod should land you top talent, especially since he's back and hitting home runs again.

Regan21286 likes this.
  3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    No way should you do that. Webb is still hurt. If you wanted Webb that bad you could probably get him for some healthy players who arent top 5 overall in fantasy. If you trade a stud like Arod you need to fill your weak spots. Your other option is since Arod is hovering around 200 is to sell high on Longoria. Im trying to do this in my 18 team league to see if I can get some quality depth to help my lineup. But the depth idea only works well in deep leagues unless you can fill both SS and OF with high quality players.

Regan21286 likes this.
  4. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    True though I might relinquish Derrick Lee on the bench before I send Longoria out. Rather keep A-Rod with Longoria instead of Lee (A-Gonzo is starting 1B). Plus, Sandoval has C, 1B, 3B eligibility as well. Sent a counter proposal for Reyes, Webb, and Sizemore for A-Rod, Gonzo, and Lilly since steals could also use a bump.

Yea, that's really what I'm worried about. No doubt Webb when healthy is a top pitcher but just a gamble really at this point. No biters for A-Rod at this point though.

5. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Counter offer received from the other manager:

A-Rod, Ludwick for Kinsler, Quentin. Funny since the manager's name is Rangers and his team is full of them. I've been fine with Orlando Hudson helping BA and some RBI's at 2B to begin with. Kinsler and Quentin have been slumping though. Thoughts?

Edit: Seems the A-Rod sweepstakes are heating up. Just offered Jason Bay, Josh Hamilton, and Aubrey Huff for A-Rod and Braun. I might pass on this one though.

6. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    No way I'd trade both Arod and Braun, those guys are top 10 fantasy players.

Kinsler is a nice start with Arod but I'd ask for more than Quentin, I'm just not a big fan of his, he might have played over his head last year. Maybe ask for another player in the deal.

I'd hold your ground, remember you have Arod and don't need to trade him, if worse comes to worse just hang on to him.

Regan21286 likes this.
  7. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Quentin is a stud but hes got the deadly plantar fasciatis. I can almost guarantee that will affect him again at some point during the year. I just dealt him in one league, trying to deal him in another for that reason.

Regan21286 likes this.
  8. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I tried getting Reyes instead of Quentin from him, a position of dire need, but no bites.

Yea, and Braun's really doing well too. Just wish I can find a bidder for Derrick Lee because I don't think Adrian Gonzalez's mini-slump is going to last long and Lee's on a bit of a roll so it'd be a shame to bench him.

9. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Lee is also battling injury so while he is playing well now it may not last forever. Wait til the blurbs on yahoo about that go away and maximize his value :lol:

Regan21286 likes this.