1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the kind of WR that i want is...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RickyNeverInhaled, Apr 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i'm no expert, specially since i don't watch college football. but i just finished watching highlights of crabtree, maclin, harvin, and nicks.

i was impressed with all of them, but here's my conclusion: i saw crabtree, maclin and harvin score alot of TD's b/c of their quckness they left the db's choking in their dust. bottom line is that they dominated at the college level. But i wondered if they would be able to dominate in the NFL (which is full of the best of the best db's). I didn't see much contact between these 3 WR's so i question their toughness in the NFL.

i did see a lot of contact out of Nicks! He reminds me of Boldin, of course i would rather have Boldin though. Nicks highlights came from YAC! He didn't just break tackles, he attacked defenders. He's also got the speed to score like crabtree, maclin and harvin.

The bottom line is that i don't think crabtree, maclin and harvin will have what it takes to compete at the NFL. I do however think that Nicks will succeed and is more NFL ready b/c of his toughness.

Like i said, i don't watch college, so feel free to tell me if im wrong! LOL

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWUpOVHKK-U"]YouTube - Kenny Britt Highlights[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a98USWn8dG0"]YouTube - WR Kenny Britt Highlights Rutgers 2008[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5bmvT8odZ4"]YouTube - Kenny Britt lays out a louisville reciever 2008[/ame]

:yes:

3. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Best blocker at WR in the draft.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HYzZzufMRU"]YouTube - Kenny Britt Crackback Block[/ame]

RickyNeverInhaled and NJFINSFAN1 like this.
  4. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Hicks is not taking care of himself, he is overweight which shows a lack of motivation to me.

Kenny Britt will be the best WR in this draft, he is a Parcells type WR, big physical and can block!

like2god and Stitches like this.
  5. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Nicks gained 12 pounds... And he's lost it.

6. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Now you're gettin' it RNI!

:knucks:

And, you left out the part about how he catches everything thrown his way. EVERYTHING! That's why we have to take Nicks at #25 (and wait on a corner). Assuming he's still there at #25 that is. Man I hope so. Kid has some skills, fo sho! :yes:

RickyNeverInhaled likes this.
  7. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    The whole Nicks weight gain things was blown WAY out or proportion. He gained a little weight while he was unable to work out due to injury. When he healed he shed it rather quickly. It's a non-issue IMO.

I'd be more than happy with either Nicks or Britt.

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I wouldn't complain with Nicks and Britt. If I could pick any wide receiver, I'll take Jarrett Dillard and be a happy man.

9. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Britt is an all around better player. Nicks has many teams worried with the weight gain.

Stitches likes this.
  10. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    If we miss out on Nicks or Britt, my next WR wish list goes:

Dillard, DWilliams, Massequio, Ogletree, and Guice. In that order. :yes:

11. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    he lost the weight he gained. he's back to his normal weight now

12. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Unless you listen to what the Ravens said following his private workout with them last friday.

like2god and NJFINSFAN1 like this.
  13. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Exactly, he has some red flags popping up. :up:

14. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    what rounds are these people projected to go in? and is there any highlights of these people that are worth seeing?

15. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    thanks for the kenny britt videos. i like what i see.

16. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Dillard in all likelyhood will go between 2 and 3.

Willaims appears to be a solid 3rd rounder, but who knows. He should be a "more productive" pro than collegiate since he should be more a pure WR.

Massequio will go as high as 49 to the bears IMO, but could slide back into mid-3.

Ogletree anywhere from rd 4 on is great value I think.

Guice is a bit harder to peg. if you really like him you take him in rd 5. Otherwise you may want to just wait. He could go anywhere from 5-udfa IMO.

17. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Dillard and Williams should have the most highlights out there I bet. Maybe Guice, I am not sure.

18. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    So Stitches, who do you like at WR?:wink2::lol:

19. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Deon Butler. ;)

(seriously)

20. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    So if we go CB, LB/DE, DT with our day 1 picks, we can go after one of these guys in day 2.

21. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I also like Britt and it would be nice to have him as a Dolphin.
    This from Scout.com:

Kenny Britt, WR Rutgers 6-3, 218
    Pre-Combine Position Rank: 13
    Post-Combine Skinny: With his size, the 4.47 40 and 23 reps had to have moved him up on several draft boards. The deep speed is there.
    Positives: Excellent size and decent speed … Isn’t afraid to use his size. Can be physical … Nice hands. Will go after the ball and will win battles.
    Negatives: Character. Was suspended … A diva … Not a burner. Good speed, not great speed.

22. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I doubt Dillard or Massequio would be at any of our picks on day 2.

23. Xeticus

Xeticus Junior Member

Mar 30, 2008
    The kind of WR I want is the type that doesn't cost a 1st round pick.

24. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

highlight reels only show the good stuff.

i want a WR that is taken beyond the first round.

Bpk likes this.
  25. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    a diva isnt a parcells wide out...

the kind of wide reciever i want is sammie stroughter with a late round pick..and nicks if he falls to us in the second

26. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    Really??? I doubt that...

A lot of people seem to blow one big play out of proportion and lable a guy as a great blocker because of one play. I mean look at Ben Watson, he ran down Champ Bailey on the 1 yard line from the complete other side of the field... Now when people mention Watson they always say how he never gives up on a play, he keeps playing to the whistle, etc. No knock on Watson but I doubt that is the case play in and play out. He was determined and made one solid play and is now defined by that play.

With reports of Britt being a Prima Donna and having a WR's view of the game I doubt he is the best blocking WR in the Draft. Yes, that was a great crack-back, but don't label a player because of one play or one game for that matter.

Bpk and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  27. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    I absolutely LOVE Jarret Dillard. People keep doubting him, yet he keeps proving them wrong. It's like the Book Moneyball when Oakland Athletics Great GM Billy Beane switch his philosophy from asking why players wouldn't/couldn't make it to why players would make it.

I love Nicks and wouldn't mind using our first round pick on him, but if we pass on him and Britt and land Dillard in the 3rd round I would be extremely happy.

Bpk likes this.
  28. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Robiskie at 56?

29. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I'm sorry that no one made a highlight of every single block Britt had in his career for me to link. He is certainly the best blocking WR of the top 20 rated WRs in this draft, I am certain of that.

God, don't ****ing assume I base all my opinions on youtube highlights. I don't appreciate it.

30. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    I honestly wasn't calling you out Brother, I just was saying that some people say things like that because of one play. I know you and have read a lot of your posts. I have great respect for you and your opinions and agree with you most of the time. I know you are not the type of person that would just watch one clip of Britt's and say that he was the best blocking WR in the draft... :up:

Sorry if it came across like that man.

I am just not sure if Britt is the best blocking WR in this draft.

Stitches likes this.
  31. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Jeez dude, I don't think he was making that assumption at all.

Bpk likes this.
  32. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Can anyone explain to me why Kenny Britt is considered a West Coast type WR?

33. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Definitely. A better receiver than given credit for. He's one of the top WR's in the class IMO and probably the best route runner of them all. Him and Nicks have to be 1A but I give the edge to Dillard because his ability to create separation is superior to Nicks.

Bpk likes this.
  34. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I like Dillard a whole lot. He's bound to be the best value at WR in this draft, as he'll probably fall to low 2nd, even third or worse.

I mean, his size DOES concern me, but boy can PLAY.

35. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    This is a link to a story re; Baltimore working out Nicks earlier this week. http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2009/04/Ravens_Work_Out_Nicks_in_Carolina.aspx

No where did I read anything about a concern (from the Ravens) re; a weight issue. Mayock makes reference to it (but, that's from 4-6 weeks earlier). I personally don't see the weight issue as a concern. Especially in Miami's case with their conditioning program.

Of the more notable comments made, here are a few from Mayock:

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  36. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't agree with the label but it's usually applied to a big-bodied WR with some short area quickness. The kind of guy you would picture running a quick slant. The idea is that that this kind of WR presents a good target for a QB and makes it very difficult for the CB to stop the pass without interfering.

The reason I don't agree with the label is that it implies that a big, quick WR wouldn't be useful in other offenses, which is ridiculous. Also the quick slant is ubiquitous and is probably part of every offense in the NFL.

37. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

i question anyone talking about WRs when they want a bum like Massequio. hes a 5 rounder at best IMO. he will be a bust in the NFL because people will highly over draft him.

38. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He's 5'11" but he can jump out the building with his 40+ inch vertical. His height doesn't hold him back when he's catching the ball in the red zone, something he does a good job of.

39. UCF FINatic

Apr 17, 2008
    I believe his vertical was like 43 inches, which is insane in itself...but Dilliard said he wants to get it up to 47 inches and believes he can.

Jarret Dillard is (5'11) 71 inches tall so if you add his vertical of 43 inches thats a total of 114 inches.

Kenny Britt is (6'3) 75 inches tall so if you add his vertical of 37 inches thats a total of 112 inches.

Interesting huh???

40. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    what about wingspan? lol larry fitzgeralds is probably insane if i had to guess.