1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FA's salary cap

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Swampfox, Jan 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Swampfox

Swampfox Season Ticket Holder

Nov 27, 2007
    Any of our salary cap people willing to estimate what kind of contracts we would be looking at paying for the top FA's everyone keeps mentioning? Haynesworth , Trufant etc..

I have seen some people saying to get like 3 or 4 of these guys and I dont see any way we can afford them. So maybe someone can start a list and what they would expect it would take to get them to Miami.

Thanks

2. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I am hoping we invest in draft picks instead of FA. We need to grow with youth.

3. Bonedoc7777

Bonedoc7777 New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    spend it on young guys who have and upside, not on stars

sgtphin likes this.
  4. Danny

Danny New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    I doubt we'll bring in any of the big names....maybe 2 or 3 younger guys that can fit what we're going to be doing.

Ozzy rules!!

5. sgtphin

sgtphin Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
    Clay City, Indiana
    Absotively, possolutely correct, Doc! Never spend money for guys who have reached their peak with another organization. Do your homework and get young guys that fit your scheme and train them up to be YOUR stars!

6. Dfan06

Dfan06 New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Miami, FL
    co-sign:ffic:

7. Swampfox

Swampfox Season Ticket Holder

Nov 27, 2007
    I was looking more for a.......

Haynesworth --- 80m over 8 years

Trufant ---------80m over 8 years

next fa----------salary over years

Those numbers I picked out of the blue although for trufant it might be right.

I just want an idea of the costs so we can talk draft / fa realistically. We wont be able to afford many , so we have to pick and choose and knowing their projected salarys would help.

Thanks again