1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is david garrard a second tier qb?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by King Felix, Jan 12, 2008.

1. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    does his name fit in with

palmer
    bulger
    mcnabb
    hassellback

????/

2. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    I'd have to say yes.

He's only gotten better with every game he has started. The guy rarely makes a bad decision (3 INTs all year). He's got much better than average accuracy, nice touch, alludes a pass rush almost as good as any other qb, and keeps a defense honest with his rushing abilities.

I can honestly say that I wish he was our QB. Probably only 3 or 4 other guys in the NFL I'd rather have as our QB

3. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    a nice find in the 4th round

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    as of now he is. i think if he can have two more years consistent or anything close to this year then possibly he could be up there.

5. Breed

Breed New Member

Jan 7, 2008
    Yes, and if this year is any indicator, he's already better than some of those guys on that list.

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    who is he better then? I hope ur not just saying this based on this year. All of those guys have been pretty consistent.

7. Breed

Breed New Member

Jan 7, 2008
    Marc Bulger for sure, and probably better than both McNabb and Hasselbeck.

8. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    I'd take him in Miami over all of those guys except Palmer.

In fact, I'd go out on the limb and say that I'd take him over every quarterback in the league except:

Manning
    Brady
    Palmer

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    i think he is better then bulger and mcnabb but idk about hasselbeck.

10. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Garrard really impressed me last night, that's for sure. IMO it goes first tiers - Brady, Manning, Farve. second tiers - Palmer, Brees, McNabb... Third tier would be Garrard, Romo, Bulger, Hassellback, Rivers. Garrard is a second/third tier guy IMO.

11. NYFinFan

NYFinFan Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Long Island, New York
    You have Rivers on the same plane as Hasselbeck and Bulger? :huh: I wouldn't put Rivers on the same level as Garrard or Romo either. Big Ben is better than Rivers and I would put Rivers alongside Eli.

12. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Yeah I forgot some, I did it quick man, Big Ben is up there. Bulger, Romo, Eli, and Rivers have good games but they're VERY inconsistent. Garrard is on the verge of being a 2nd tier QB, I'm just not ready to put him up to that level yet. Big Ben would be a second tier QB with what he's showed this year IMO. I can't remember every QB, sorry bro :loL:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  13. NYFinFan

NYFinFan Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Long Island, New York
    No worries :thumbup:. I think Rivers can be good but I'd put him on the average qb plateu. I don't think him or Eli are terrible, but I don't think they're anywhere near the level of Romo, Garrard, Bulger, etc.

14. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Agreed. Garrard isn't playing in a pass-heavy offense so it's hard to judge. He has a high efficiency rating but also with less attempts and yardage.

15. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Garrard is on his way to becoming an elite QB. Some of those throws were right on the recievers hands that they dropped. Part of the reason why they lost. I like Garrard... alot. Realize that this is his FIRST YEAR as a full-time starter and he did outstanding. He is an asset to the Jags. Del Rio made a great decision getting rid of Leftwich.

16. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    first tier
    brady
    manning
    favre

second
    romo
    palmer
    brees
    garrard
    hasselback
    bulger

third
    mcnabb
    rivers
    eli

thats a little more thought out than my first list of second tier qb's

17. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    IMO he is better than those QB's.

18. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin Active Member

No, hes a workman QB. The Jags don't demand enough of the QB position (as compared to other NFL teams) to really elevate Garrard above the Trent Dilfer level.

19. miggemadness

miggemadness New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    I don't post often, but I remember posting a couple years ago that I really wish Miami was able to find a way to get him.

The first time I had ever heard about him was after I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. I was doing some reading on it and found out he also has it. The disease really sucks and I definitely look up to him because of what he's able to do in spite of it. During his interview last before the game he talked about how he needed surgery to remove a a foot of his large intestine because of it.

He is one of my favorite players in the NFL and I was glad that he got his chance to start tis year. Great character, great person.

here's an article about him if anybody's interested

http://ccfa.org/about/news/garrard

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  20. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I'd put Garrard in the same category as Rothlesberger, Culpepper and Steve Young early in their careers. Big, strong, mobile. He has alot of potential. And the great thing...his team mates have the utmost faith in him.

Hopefully they Jags will be able to get to the next level next year. Congrats to the Jags for a great year!

21. djfresh47

djfresh47 New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    He's alright and fits the Jags nicely. They don't ask much of the Qb but he made plays when he had to. I don't know how much better he's going to get. Hes going to be 30 in Feb. Though I think Qb play in the NFL is at an all-time low so he's probably low 2nd or hi 3rd tier.