1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another trade question...

Discussion in 'Other Fantasy Sports' started by Nappy Roots, Apr 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Dustin Pedroia and Curtis Granderson for Alexei Ramirez, Shane Victorino and Aaron Rowand

2. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    While Im not sold on Pedroia ever having a year like he did last year again, he should be better then Alexei Ramirez in my opinion. Ramirez is another player who I feel is overrated by the hype machine. Rowand sucks; he went undrafted in 4 of the 5 leagues I did this year including 1 16 team league and in the 20 team league I have he didnt go until round 24 or something; 400+ players in to the draft. He shouldnt really be rostered. And as I have said before I would take Granderson over Victorino.

So basically unless youre getting the Pedrioa side Id respond with an equally as awful counter.

3. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I wouldn't do that. Rowand is pretty useless while Pedroia is the best player in the deal and Granderson for Victorino is almost a wash. I'd stand pat or ask for a better 3rd player.

4. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    it is a 18 team league and Rowand got 762 points last year and is projected for 779. my utility guys range from Griffey, Denard Span, Chris Duncan, and Justin Upton....

5. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I think Span or upton could top that depending on the stats and scoring format.

There's a lot to be said for quality depth in deep leagues, especially points based leagues where the difference between two players is more easily identifiable but I still wouldnt touch the deal. If youre going to deal a good player at a shallow position that guy has to up the offer for Pedroia and Granderson. Check Grandersons stats from 2 years ago. If its a points based league you will understand why he would further separate himself from victorino and why I am telling you to do so.

Nappy Roots likes this.
  6. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    i made the trade but he put in Tori Hunter for Rowand

7. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Well I like Hunter more but I still wouldnt have done it. Hope it works out best for ya bro and maybe pedroia breaks something. Otherwise I think its not the best move. :(

8. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    just getting pedroia off my team is better for me. i absolutely hate the guy and rooting for him every night was a burden...now i dont have to worry about it!

9. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    You cant hate players in fantasy baseball. If you cant be objective its twice as hard to win. I have phillies and braves scattered on my teams; you think I like rooting for them? No. I just hope they do their damage in garbage time and when they arent playing the Mets.