1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pains 2009 Dolphin Mock 1.3 + 2 Round mock draft.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by BuckeyeKing, Mar 19, 2009.

1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Pains 2009 Dolphin Mock 1.3 + 1 Round mock draft.

Round 1
    1. Detroit Lions-Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia.Detroit could go Tackle here but the draft is deep with Tackles that they could very well find their Left Tackle at 20.

2. St. Louis Rams-Jason Smith, OT, Baylor.Steve Spagnuolo wants a smash mouth in your face running attack and with the cut of Orlando Pace its quite clear they go with a Tackle possibly Jason Smith.

3. Kansas City Chiefss-Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest.The safest pick in the draft and the best LB in his class goes to the Chiefs. I can't see new GM Scott Pioli passing on 1 of the best players in this years draft.

4. Seattle Seahawks-Eugene Monroe, OT, Virgina.Seattle signed T.J. Houshmandzadeh so its highly doubtful they go with WR Crabtree. With Walter Jones getting up there in age its likely they draft his replacement. many compare Monroe to Clady last year and Clady had a great season givng up 1 sack.

5. Cleveland Browns-Brian Orakpo, OLB, Texas. The Browns need a corner but with no Corner proving to be taking top 10 they address a need and thats rushing the QB. They got to the QB 17 times! Orakpo is a explosive force and should wreck havoc for opposing teams for years to come.

6. Cincinnati Bengals-Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee. The surprise of the first round right here. As with Cleveland they tied with 17 sacks and need to pressure the QB. Ayers is a one year wonder but a strong year and did not let up at the senior bowl.

7. Oakland Raiders-B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College.Oakland has alot of needs so they could go with BPA which is Raji. Raji has the potential to be force right away. He would dramatically improve their D-line and improving their Rush defense which ranked 31st.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars-Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss. If Garrad is their man they need to protect him and Oher as inconsistent he might be has the ability to be the best Tackle prospect in this draft.

9. Green Bay Packers-Everette Brown, OLB, Florida ST. Packers are switching to a 3-4 defense and need someone who can get to the QB.

10. San Francisco 49ers-Aaron Maybin, OLB, Penn ST. 3-4 Teams are gobbling up all the Rush end LB's and San Fran needs one. They get a raw player in Maybin but his potential is great.

11. Buffalo Bills-Eben Britton, OT, Arizona. With the likely trade to send Peters out of Buffalo has me thinking replacement. Britton is a fast riser and would help solidify the Bills offensive line.

12. Denver Broncos-Ron Brace, NT, Boston College. Denver needs a 3-4 NT for their scheme and Brace offers that while Jerry is on the board injuries will scare some teams. Brace has amazing strength to go with that huge body he can take on blockers and push a pile back.

13. Washington Redskins-James Laurinaitis, MLB, Ohio St.Washington finds their replacement for Fletcher and thats the Animal. JL is fundamentally sound with great instincts, tackling ability, and leadership. He struggles to shed off blocks but he can make plays always around the ball.

14. New Orleans Saints-Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio St. Jenkins had rough Combine falls out of the top 10. Jenkins may lack that long speed but makes up for it with everything else. Jenkins at 14 is a steal.

15. Houston Texans-Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech. The Texans have alot of needs but they will not pass on Crabtree. With the pairing of Andre Johnson and Micheal Crabtree will have opposing teams **** themselves. Think Fitzgerald and Boldin right here.

16. San Diego Chargers-Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU. Chargers need depth at this position and with the departure of Igor to Dallas this pick is a no brainer. Jackson is easily the best 3-4 end in the draft.

17. New York Jets-Mark Sanchez, QB, USC. Sanchez doesn't go high as many would think and lands in the best situation for him. :lol: that was a joke he will get thrusted in the starting role right away.

18. Chicago Bears-Percy Harvin, WR, Florida. The Bears lack fire power and Harvin would offer it. Harvin can do it all on offense paring him up with Hester would make a good tandem.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss. DT is to me a glaring need for the Bucs. Jerry with some injury concern is a dominate force in the middle. He fits the Bucs scheme very well and should help the D-Line make some plays.

20. Detroit Lions-Jamon Meredith, OT, South Carolina.Detroit passes on Tackles with the 1st selection but get their guy at 20. Meredith is a fast riser on many boards. For the first time in a decade the Lions look smart.

21. Philadelphia Eagles-Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma St. Philly has been waiting for an elite TE prospect for a long time. Pettigrew can become a pro bowl TE in his rookie year and easily McNabbs favorite target.

22. Minnesota Vikings-Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas ST. This pick Vikings have alot of options but QB is the biggest and they would not pass on Freeman.

23. New England Patriots-Larry English, OLB, Northen Illinois. Damn them!! They see English's potential and snatch him up. They keep getting younger at LB and better.

24. Atlanta Falcons-Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois. Falcons go with BPA and Davis is a steal falling to them.

25. Miami Dolphins-Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina. Surprise, surprise, Dolphins take Nicks to compliment Ted Ginn and give Henne some more support for the future. They would have loved to have English but Nicks gives them that number 1 WR they need.

26. Baltimore Ravens-Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC. Ravens need a replacement for Scott and they get it with Maualuga providing a fierce tandem with Ray Lewis.

27. Indianapolis Colts-Evander Hood, DT, Mizzou.DT is a glaring need for the Colts. Hood is more of the Agile Tackles that can disrupt and cause havoc.

28. Philadelphia Eagles-Chris Wells, RB, Ohio ST. despite running faster at his pro day Wells injuries concern many teams Eagles passed on him the first time but will not the second time. Wells paired up with Westbrook give them a great 1-2 punch.

29. New York Giants-Jeremy Maclin, WR, Mizzou. Giants need a gamebreaker at WR with the likely departure of Plaxico. Its a wonder why Maclin falls but he ends up in a good situation in New York.

30. Tennessee Titans-Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers.Tennessee has been neglecting drafting a WR for Years not this time they need weapons and Britt can be their number 1.

31. Arizona Cardinals-Knoshon Moreno, RB, Georgia. Cards need a all-around back and they are happy to see a talent such as Knoshon to fall to them.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers-Alex Mack, C, Cal.Mack is the best option here for the steelers. He can play multiple positions on the Oline.

7 Round Dolphin Mock
    Round 1-Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina.
    Round 2-Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma.
    Round 2-Connor Barwin, OLB, Cincy.
    Round 3-Kevin Barnes, CB, Maryland.
    Round 4-Sherrod Martin, FS, Troy St.
    Round 5-Terrance Taylor, NT, Michigan.
    Round 7-Dallas Reynolds, OL, BYU.
    Round 7-Christopher Owens, CB, San Jose St.
    Round 7-Mortty Ivy, LB, WVU.

Alright there will not be a second round due to the fact I had it done spent almost 2 hours on the damn thing before I lost it.

2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Not bad, dont see Barwin lasting that long though, and personally not a huge fan of Nicks.

Heyward-Bey out of the first round??? While the peeps round here may not be extra high on him NFL teams look to be.

3. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    By all reports Nicks had an underwhelming pro-day. I could see him slipping into the second now.
    Its definately an out of the box draft. Ill tell you though, I would not be happy if Vontae Davis went one pick ahead of us lol!

4. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    To be honest I hate my Dolphins mock. I was very tempted to delete the whole thread and start over.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  5. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Your Dolphins mock is fine if it went that way. I don't expect Barwin to be there at 56, nor do I expect Owens to last until the 7th, but it happened, it would be great. Martin can play corner too, most rank him with the corners, so I like how you addressed the position.

The Duke at 44 would be a strong upgrade to our RG spot and we'd surely have a line capable of generating a good ground game.

6. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    He came in a little heavy, but other than that the reports I've heard were good. The workouts don't mean much for a guy like Nicks though. It's all about production. Just look at his game film. I don't see any way he makes it to the 2nd round and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him go before our pick.

7. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Thats what I do.

Like I said I wouldn't mind starting over but can't get anyone to delete the thread :lol:

8. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Mark Sanchez? :pity:

9. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    :pointlol: didn't want to give you a RB :shifty:

I actually think Jets could trade for Cutler.

124 likes this.
  10. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany

yeah he will be gone by #10 you need to go for Freeman instead :lol:

11. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Anyone but Sanchez.

Freeman > Sanchez.

I wish Josh had played at USC, he wouldn't have lost a game.

12. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    If Thomas Jones is dealt before the draft, I could see the Jets going RB at 17, but if he's on the roster the Jets won't sniff a RB until Round 3.

As for Cutler, I doubt it.

A deal for Quinn or Anderson is more likely.

13. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Well it has to be a QB for the Jets unless they think Rhett Bomar in round 4 could be their future QB. I have to believe if the Lions pass on Stafford the Jets are going to strongly consider moving up to get Stafford.

14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    They've had a couple sit-downs with Josh Freemen I believe and had a workout with him as well. They seem interested in him.

BuckeyeKing likes this.