1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tonight, 03/11 on NFLN "Path to the Draft" show, The Phins are "On the Clock"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Just giving a heads up for those who get the channel. I don't know if they'll show that part on the website, but you can check it out if you don't get the channel, otherwise I'll fill you in.

It's going to be just lots of speculation, like it all is from everybody at this time of year, but at least there should be lots of Phin talk and highlights. I'm a fiend for any national Phin coverage. :D

2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    let us know how it goes.

I got my fingers crossed for hard knocks this year.

djphinfan and Sceeto like this.
  3. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    That would be sweet.;)

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    god that would ****ing rule!!!

Sceeto likes this.
  5. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    sweet
    hopefully somebody can record it and post it

6. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Oh s---! I just found out that I have to run out now and I won't be back in time, so Ill DVR it. I'll recap it later if someone else doesn't do it by then. ;) Peace.

7. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Just to help a brother out.:hi5: Jeff Darlington was on there. They asked what side of the ball will the Dolphins address first pass offense or pass defense? Jeff said he thought they would go with either Hakeem Nicks WR out of North Carolina on offense, or if they went defense it could be Vontae Davis CB Illinois.

8. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
  9. NYFinFan

NYFinFan Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Long Island, New York
    I'd be very happy with either one of those players he mentioned. :up:

10. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I'm starting to think we just might go that way. The writing is on the wall, so to speak, as you implied. LB or CB is how I see it, but seeing how there are a few good pass rushing prospects whom could be had in the later rounds and not as much depth at the CB position, then it does make taking a CB with the first a definite possibility, IMO.

11. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    At this point I think the only way we go LB is if there is a good prospect for inside. Outside we're pretty darn good right now with Porter, Roth, Wake with possibly a Moses or Anderson growing into a solid backup. CB is definitely a priority unless any rumors we are hearing are true such as a Champ Bailey or such and even then it would be good to have developing players in the rear-view. WR isn't as pressing as I think people believe with London and Wilford looking set to battle it out for that big physical role. That gives us Camarillo, Bess, Ginn as starters. If Wilford proved his play last year was a fluke we'd be set! I believe London will be a role-player as well.

FinFan_Est.1984 and Sceeto like this.
  12. FinFan_Est.1984

FinFan_Est.1984 Get Aggressive!!!

Jan 6, 2008
    So. Calif.
    It looks like we do not have many gaping holes to fill this off season. Last year we made some good journeyman signings and it worked out. Re-signing Carey, Bell and Crowder have made our 1st pick a little more of a mystery. I don't buy the "sky is falling" theory on our Corner position either.

These are the names I can see in the 1st:
    Rey Maualuga (If he makes to 25)
    Michael Johnson (too much potential and versatility)
    Vontae Davis (wa wa wa :cry: we need a corner we need a corner wa..)
    Brandon Pettigrew (If he is there I wouldn't rule him out)
    Heyward-Bey (looks like Flacco may be throwing to Bey if we pass on him)
    Hakeem Nicks

These are not likely but I wouldn't be shocked.
    Knoshown Moreno (RB what??)
    Chris Wells
    This is Ronnie's contract year and may be Ricky's last. They seem to like the one two punch combo at RB.

13. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

nfl.com dolphins on the clock

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f369df

Interesting video discusses a little bit about 2008 and what positions we've already addressed. This particular guy (Jeff Darlington) seems to think that we'll go WR/CB with #25 and he also talks about Chad Henne a little bit.

I don't know what your guys opinion on him are as a writer but it's a nice little video :)

PMZQ likes this.
  14. Lane1974

Lane1974 New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Darlington is the beat writer from the Herald