1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LMAO the Jags out an asterisk next to patriots 16-0 recod on website

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Dfan06, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Dfan06

Dfan06 New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Miami, FL
  2. Mrtree

Mrtree Juan Huron's agent

Dec 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    LMAO!!! Look at the explanation at the bottom of the page too! Oh, that's great! It's probably going to bite the team in the backside against a team like the Pats though. You don't need to give them reasons to be fired up.

BTW how awesome would it be if someone managed to knock them off in the playoffs?

3. Dfan06

Dfan06 New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Miami, FL
    I would love to the Jags put a beat down on patriots and Moss!

4. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Why would the Jags do that before they played the Pats???

5. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    They actually have a great chance if they PLAY it right. The pats are not that great against the RUN. The JAGS can run all day and need to. Keep brady off the field, and wear down the older line. Also i hope and pray its WINDY or bad weather....

Man It would make my day to see these clowns go out in the first game..

maybe they did that to motivate there own team! Imagine now they know the PATS will be wanting to kill them, it might be a trick from Jack to sound the alarm and get them more focused after beating the Steelers.

6. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
  7. steeda

steeda Active Member

Nov 29, 2007
    That's too much, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw the asterisk. Suprisingly enough, it's on the Jags main website. For a few seconds there I thought it was just another fan site.

Great find!! Thanks for sharing!

8. Oboy

Oboy Premium Member Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Too funny, but why give the Pats ANY more incentive than they already have... I don't understand why they did this now.

9. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Why Not?

Next to the dolphins -- Good luck Bill. I thought that was funny ......

10. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I think the Jags are going to do it. I have never seen a more over-confident and smug organization then the Pats, or their fans. They are already planning the SB parade in Boston. I think if the Jags run the ball, control the clock, and don't turn it over they have a great chance. I think they have a great running game in Jones-Drew and Taylor, and they are able to get pressure on the QB. Garrard had done a nice job not throwing INT's. Hopefully it will be windy and tough to throw/catch the ball.

I see the final score being:

Jags: 28
    Pats: 24

11. Carabinieri44

Carabinieri44 New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    thats hilarious. i hope it doesnt backfire like when the Steelers kept saying they could take on the Pats and got WHOOPED.

12. REV KEV

REV KEV New Member

Nov 28, 2007

OMG and win with WANNY-BALL... Wanny-Ball never works...:001_rolleyes:

Now you have really opened up a can of wor,ms for yourself...

13. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Cheated in one game, had the refs hand them another (Balt). They should get 2 asterisks.

14. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    I strongly believe Jax and Indy both have a shot.

15. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Like my sig says.

16. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    To beat NE you will have to execute a flawless gameplan, and after last weekends game against Pitt, I just don't think Garrard has it in him. IMO the only team that can do it is Indy, because Peyton is the only one who can manage the game without losing focus and playing all 4 quarters. JMO

17. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    lmao great post.....deserves a thanks

18. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    TBH any team left from the AFC has a shot, and Dallas and the Packers are pretty solid as well. Frankly, I dont get why teams have so much trouble against the pats. Honestly, they are NOT 19-0 good. They play as a solid team, they support one another, they have some solid talent, but 19-0? What the hell?
    The way to beat them is actually not that hard, just play them like teams played the Colts the last few years. Pressure Brady as much as you can, get in his face, knock him down alot early, doest even have to be "legal" (bad, I know). Rattle him! Play Moss hard. Put your biggest and most physical guy on him and just shove him around and beat on him at the LoS ALL GAME. Bring the saftey over the top most of the time so the CB can just go to TOWN on him. Pay attention to welker and stallworth and your pretty well set.
    Offensively, a power running attack helps if you can get to their LBs. Wilfork and Seymour are really good (and dirty), but if you get by them, the LB corps, while skilled and experienced, is old. Beat them up, shake them up, pick on them. Get those guards out in space and hammer on them. RBs just lower the shoulder and hit.
    They do have a pretty solid pass defense. Samuel has been playing at a high level for awhile, very opportunistic-dont give him easy chances at a pick or your screwed. Speedy receivers can get downfield and make some plays though. Keep those safeties honest and take your shots deep all game.

Basically, the patriots have turned into the Colts from the last few years. Finesse team with speed and skill. Need to play them physical and hard and keep the game close. Avoid your mistakes and play smart, but aggressive. Go for it on short, take your deep shots, bring unexpected pressure to Brady etc. The best shots I see are actually Indy and Green Bay. Both have the offense to hang with the Pats, and a nasty tough aggressive defense that punishes the other team.

19. THCMAN

THCMAN New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Miami
    I saw that this morning. It reminded me of why Mayweather JR does all of that trash talking leading up to his fights.

They are trying to get the Pats to play more aggresively.

20. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin Active Member

The Jags have a massive DL that can really get after the passer. If Big John and his pals get rolling, gonna be a long day for Brady

21. #1DoLfAnOKesh

#1DoLfAnOKesh New Member

Dec 13, 2007
    thats great lmao

22. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Too bad the refs have a mancrush on NE and probably won't call the penalties.

23. Finominal

Finominal New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    The key to the Pats is Brady. Get pressure to keep him from playing catch with Moss, make him have to dump and dink all day. They aren’t a running threat. You have to disrupt that machine. Just like the way they knocked off St. Louis when they were the seemingly unstoppable machine. We had the defense to beat them before last season, when we did beat them. If we were healthy this year, with Zach and Bell playing, we had a legit chance to beat them again. I am really rooting for Jacksonville to kick their a$$.

(I wonder if I’ll get that little note about circumventing the profanity filter?)

24. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    OMG I cracked up when I saw the bottom.

One I actually liked more, though not original was Detroit 'Receivers are not the answer.'

25. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    HOw about the Raiders.. lol.."Im speechless"

26. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    del rio is probably pissed at the dweeb who runs the site and did this.

27. psingh01

psingh01 New Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Haha, the Bengals.com site puts the Browns over the Steelers in the standings even though the Steelers won the division. :lol:

28. endorPHINS72

endorPHINS72 New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Syracuse, New York
    I hate the Patriots more than I ever have. Arrogant douchebags is what they are.

29. finswin56

finswin56 Get a mop

Dec 3, 2007
    St. Augustine
    Apparently the * has been there all year with a new quip every week. This according to my buddy who is a Jags fan. So, still funny, but it loses its bite just a bit.

30. dolfaniss

dolfaniss Junior Member

Dec 2, 2007
    The Patriots are going to MOP THE FLOOR with the Jags on Saturday and any fan who watched the Jags vs Steelers game on Saturday should KNOW this. The Jags were killing Pittsburgh until the Steelers went to the spread formation late in the 3rd quarter, then the Steelers pretty much did what they wanted offensively. The Patriots do this every week right from the begining and have superior personnel when compared to Pittsburgh. The Jags struggled with the Steelers in the spread they will have no chance to stop New Englands. Jacksonvilles only chances are the following:
    1. Really, really bad weather where passing is difficult.
    2. David Garrard has the game of his life (he'll have to play much better than last week).

I say
    Pats 44
    Jags 17

31. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Exactly, how is this a good thing? If you had been paying attention the last 8 years you would know that the Pats thrive off of this stuff.

32. finswin56

finswin56 Get a mop

Dec 3, 2007
    St. Augustine
  33. CA Dolfan

CA Dolfan New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    It would be Christmas all over again..:)

34. WaywardZest

WaywardZest New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    The Patriots won't need this for motivation. If they were that emotional, they wouldn't be where they are right now.

The Jaguars certainly have a spot. The Patriots linebackers need to find the fountain of youth soon.

35. Mr.Majestik

Mr.Majestik New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Re:

That sort of stunt can cost a team employee his job. How stupid are people? Answer--Very. If you're rooting against the Pats, this sort of stupidity is exactly what you don't want to see. But couple this with Paul Spicer's comments, and whether the Patriots want to admit it, or not, they get fired up by this kind of nonsense from other teams. A Florida team is not going to march into Foxboro in January, running team, or not, and beat the Patriots. I'll be surprised if the game is close at the end of the third-quarter. David Garrard is not going to win games for you. He's ideally suited for minimizing mistakes, handing the ball off, and letting the defense win games. It really is Wanny ball in Jax, and that isn't going to vanquish the mighty Patriot at home, and those who think differently are the reason the sports books in Vegas stay in business.

36. finswin56

finswin56 Get a mop

Dec 3, 2007
    St. Augustine
    The * has been there all year.
    http://www.celtkin.com/forums/showpost.php?p=48820&postcount=30

37. Mr.Majestik

Mr.Majestik New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Re:

i

Really. Did not know that. People are just noticing this? I doubt it would matter how long it had been there if the Jags get embarrassed, and a beat reporter, or two, asks a couple questions about whether, or not it fired the Patriots up. The guilty party might quietly disappear from the team payroll.

38. zodiak

zodiak New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    To me Jacksonville has no real chance of winning they dont score and their defense struggles against spread offense.

Now if the weather is bad and or they can find away to stop NE a few times and posses the football maybe ,maybe but realistically NO

39. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    LOL, now that's a statement.

This is probably the only time I will ever root for the Jags (even if they signed ex-UCLA stars Jones-Drew and Lewis). I can put aside my dislike for them (they ruined Dan Marino's last game, an unforgivable crime) just so they can beat the Cheatriots.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  40. n9necount

n9necount New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I agree with your assessment but I hope we're wrong. I wouldn't touch the JAX/NWE game with a 10 foot pole for betting purposes though.

The sharp money has bounced the line from -11 to -13 or even -13.5 in some places. It might even move to -14 before kickoff. The public, strangely enough, is siding with Jacksonville. Some mischievous activity going on in Vegas indeed.