1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andre Goodman

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CitizenSnips, Jan 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Ok, so it's recently come to my attention that a lot of dolphins fans have different opinions on this player.

IMO, at times he has looked like the best player on our secondary, and others he has looked like the worst.

Do you think he stays next season as the starter? Why?

Or do you think we can upgrade over him? And how? (FA or draft)

2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I think he stays bc we can probably sign him for little money. He can compete with whatever else we have here after FA and the draft.

3. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    It's really tough to say. He played great at the end of the year, but he was awful for much of the first half of the season. Now, the team will need to figure out whether he caught on or if his great play is just an aberration.

I still think Will Allen is our best corner, and Goodman to me is a decent number 2/great number 3. Would I be content if he was a starter next year? If he continues to play like he has, absolutely. But if we can get an upgrade, it's worth the exploration.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I'd like to keep him, but draft a younger CB for our #3 slot and who can step up to the #2 role, or #1 role, we have to hedge our bets this season.

5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I think we'll have to draft a CB somewhere because I think all the good ones will be tagged or sign extensions with their teams.

6. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Goodman may be the best CB that's going to be a FA this year so some team will be willing to over pay for him, so i hope we can sign him before other teams can.

In my mind he's been are best CB two out of the three years he's been here and he showed he can play at an all pro level this year and Tony even said that he's never been around a CB playing as well as Goodman has this year.......and it wasn't Tony just talking up a player like he has done in the past with other players.He made it a point to let every one know he's never been around a CB playing so well.

The problem with just letting him walk is we'd be just making another need for our team.

7. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    we have no real depth there... we need him back. badly.

8. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    True that he was great for the second half of the season and not so great in the first half. I think that may have something to do with Bowles' influence on him. It probably took some time to learn everything. IMO, Bowles is one of the unsung heroes on our coaching staff. He has a good record for having good secondaries. Good coaches can get the best out of some players. I say definitely try to keep him, as well as looking for some other quality additions.

padre31 likes this.
  9. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Andre Goodman was the best corner on the team during the 2nd half of the season.

Springveldt likes this.
  10. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    remember when he wasn't at practice, and everybody was hoping he would be cut? sounds crazy now

11. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Goodman was clearly the best CB on the team over the 2nd half of the season. He went through a 3 game spell where he looked like Champ Bailey. Teams started targetting Will Allen just to keep the ball away from Goodman.

12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    That's true. The worst play being in the beginning parts of the season and I believe much of that was due to the family issues he had. They seem to be resolved now and he was focused, which may be the reason for his very good play.

Yes, in my opinion he stays because I'm not sure there's anyone better out there. I'm still on board with bringing in Bryant McFadden. He may be the only guy who I would consider sliding in the starting spot over Andre' Goodman.

In my opinion, the draft is a no and free agency is a possible yes because of the guy I stated above (Bryant McFadden).