1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep Picking Against us Trent!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by bg34, Dec 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. bg34

bg34 Junior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Virginia
    Trent Dilfer has picked us to lose the last 3 weeks. They've been doing a segment on ESPN and he had us losing to S.F., K.C., and to the JETS. Now he's already said the Ravens will win Sunday. Keep up the good work Trent! Maybe he can pick us to lose all the way to the S.B.!

fins4o8, muscle979, Disnardo and 11 others like this.
  2. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    Yeah, Trent Dilfer's a douche.

3. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I like Dilfer as an analyist. A lot. So what if he doesn't pick us. He seems like a smart guy who actually talks about football and not drama. He's much better than the guy he replaced: Sean Salusbury.

TheAnswer385, k-bayfinfan and ChrisKo like this.
  4. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    I second that.

5. USArmyFinFan

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    I would respect him more if he was just able to say, man I was wrong, but insteed he make excusses as to why the other team lost. He has it bad for the Fins, didn't we kick he's butt while he was with the Bucs? N-E-Way, he should give us props, but just won't.

6. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Merril Hoge and Cris Carter now look like geniuses, both picked us to win the AFCE. Hoge pretty much supported us all season, while Carter jumped on the bandwagon a bit later.

calphin and Baxter like this.
  7. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    A good analyist is not the same thing as a Dolphin homer. Joe Theismann is a perfect example. For some reason, Theismann always picked Miami. He wanted Chris Chambers in Canton! But he sucked as an analyst. He got fired from MNF and no one gave him a job.

Trent is the best analyist ESPN has that isn't named Merill or Ron. I don't care if he picks us to lose. I don't want or expect him to apologize for his picks. If an analyst had to apologize for every time he was wrong, he'd never get to talk about next week's games.

8. dolfan94

dolfan94 New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Maybe he's like Cote from the Miami Herald

9. USArmyFinFan

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas

He's not that good of an analyist, of course that could be my Dolphin homer getting in the way.

I didn't like him as a QB, I like him less as an analyist.

calphin likes this.
  10. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, its not personal or an insult just an opinion.
    Just about everybody had the Dolphins picked to lose to the Jets at their home. Everyone I listened to on Sirious NFL Radio talked like the Dolphins didn't have a chance in the Jets game. I kinda think the Jets read too much hype into everyones opinions and they didn't really believe the Dolphins could beat them at home but we all know how that turned out.
    Let the Ravens read all the press and become confident and comfortable. Let the Dolphins read all the press and feel like they are disrespected at home and use that as incentive to play their best with fire and emotion.

calphin likes this.
  11. k-bayfinfan

k-bayfinfan Bikini Inspector

Jun 24, 2008
    Oahu
    Mark Schlereth is another guy who always picks us to lose. He always finds something negative to say about our team.
    Posted via Mobile Device

12. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    yea I noticed Hoge gave us props all season long

13. ac_lanham

ac_lanham Junior Member

Dec 9, 2007
    C'mon, Trent Dilfer is a former Raven, did you expect anything otherwise? Let's not make this an "ESPN is against us" thread because Keyshawn and Tom Jackson picked us to win the East a few weeks ago. Jackson's been for us since mid-season.

14. codizzle

codizzle New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    [​IMG]

trent has one of these guys with the ravens.... u dont expect him to pick the ravens ?

15. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Trent, you've picked 3 games correctly in the last month. You can join Salsbury in the unemployment line....

[​IMG]

Doctor Phil called, he wants his head back.

Kanye West and anlgp like this.
  16. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Trent Dilfer is a terrible analyst.

Listen to this genius analysis: "The Jets will win the AFC East just because they have Brett Favre."

Thanks, Trent.

bg34 and Kanye West like this.
  17. codizzle

codizzle New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    im pretty sure all of america was saying that.

personally i have no like/dislike for trent

Kanye West likes this.
  18. BrazForPhins

BrazForPhins From south

May 4, 2008
    He just got into that trend "NOW I'll pick it right (by probability)"

He picked against the phins vs SF...then we won

so he thought......."NOW they're gonna lose to KC"..... then we won again..

and he then thought "damn, NOW I can't believe they will hold against the jets"......then we won again

now he may be thinking..."OMFG..NOW they're gonna lose"...

and so on, until we lose and he gets the nod for being right.

19. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    "That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome."

Just because the majority of ESPN's analysts are crap, doesn't make Dilfer's horrible job at "analysing" games any better.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  20. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Dilfer is ok as an analyst,not great, but not bad....but someone please tell him he wasn't that great of a QB...(he seems to think he carried the Ravens to the SB himself...)

21. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    I think Trent Dilfer is horrible anylist he cant get any thing right. Not just because he wont pick the Dolphins to win. I really dont care if he picks us to win or not. I actully like it better that way so he can keep putting us down.

22. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Wait you meanhe did not carry that team on his back. What I am confused now.:shifty:

O yea one of the best defenses in NFL history did. If I am not mistaken did'nt the Ravens offense not score a touchdown till week seven and you guys were still 7-0.

23. codizzle

codizzle New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    yea it was awesome. thanks for reminding me. man im good. get some ravens love on a playoff oponents forum :up:...
    i went to half of those games i know. i was just posting that pic for laughs and to post a pic of our sb ring

24. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Excellent point! I stand corrected.