1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Parcells Dilemma

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by westernnyphinfa, Dec 29, 2008.

1. westernnyphinfa

westernnyphinfa New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Ok it's out there whether or not we like it, and certainly we don't want to have a Dark Cloud looming over what is a fantastic Day.

I didn't realize Huzienga was only a 5% owner after January 1st, I thought it was a 50/50 ownership.

He has an opt out clause that will pay him approixmately 9 mil, if he stays he makes about 10 mill over the remaining years of his contract.

So I am curious if any insiders know what is going on here.

Does he take the opt out and then resign, does he opt out and walk away altoghter, or does he simply stay.

I would hate to lose him and keep him through the entire three years if not longer.

He has stated he will only work in this capacity if he reports to Huzienga.

Is this a concern?

Do we lose Ireland and Sparano and the coaching staff if he walks (our offensive coordinator is his best friend).

Or did he do what he needed to do in one calander year and the pieces are in place for long term success.

Thoughts?

2. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nah man...

If Parcells leaves...he leaves us in GREAT hands with Coach Sparano, Ireland, Henning, and so on...

He's not going anywhere this season...unless we win the Bowl. In my opinion, he may just leave football then....cuz he would never top that....except maybe going to Detroit and helping to create something good there...

3. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I don't know but I am worried as well. My guess is that even if he moves on, the coaching staff all stays. He hooked his buddies up with promotions and great jobs.

4. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    Yeah, the staff stays even if for some reason he walks. Having said that, I think Bill stays around awhile.

5. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Im worried and we need to be worried. this is more significant than the playoff game. and the timing is lousy, and im annoyed at Wayne for this. but a teams success starts from within, and parcell's is a ginormous part of what we do.

Ross really needs to get to know BP, get him comfortable, give him a future walk out clause to not make him feel trapped, and massage the Tuna into wanting to stay here. throw tons of money at him, whatever. Its simply that important. if his first significant act as owner is running off the Tuna, believe me, he'll be sorry he ever bought this team.

unfortunately, parcell's can do whatever he wants. im certain he likes south florida, and its a nice soft job with tons of spare time and liberty. i dont know why he'd rather go do that in detroit or cleveland, unless we dont give him the extra money he really warrants. it doesnt matter that he has a rep of leaving before the job is finished, he's still desired by a lot of suitors.

Wayne, I hope you didnt F us man.

6. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i could see henning leaving, but i dont think we'd be as open as jerrah was, when it comes to cherry picking our staff. if you could go back in time, no way Jones lets us do that again.

7. ac_lanham

ac_lanham Junior Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Parcells is just trying to finagle more cash out of Ross, plain and simple.

phins17 likes this.
  8. westernnyphinfa

westernnyphinfa New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Which is fine, isn't Irelend his son in law?

9. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Jeff Darlington reported Bill Parcells can opt out of his contract two days after the Dolphins season ends.

10. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Schefter just reported on the NFLN, that league wide sentiment, of folks who know BP, say that he'll probably STAY.

* rather than start yet another thread...im posting this in a few threads that alreadye xist. it was soothing to hear.

Phin-o-rama likes this.
  11. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    I agree.

I hope he didn't.

Mannnn....

It is/was looking good for the offseason in that I would imagine that we look more attractive than ever again with everything that this team has accomplished and is yet to accomplish.

If Parcells leaves it will hurt...period.

I don't care what people say, the dude will take coaches and other staff from here.

It will be bad.

Although my gut says this is all talk.

He's just excited about it all seeing the teams success and maybe made a comment here and there and its been blown way out of proportion.

Problably wants more cash. No big deal.

At least I hope that is all it is...

12. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    If Parcells leaves, he can't take Sparano and Ireland with him this time. Those two guys alone will make it harder for him to just up and go to another place.

The only reason we got sparano and Ireland was because we promoted both of them to higher positions here than they were in Dallas, but they can't be promoted again. If parcells leaves, he'll need another new HC and GM.

13. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I kind of feel that Parcells will stay, after all he is the architect of what we have here and I don't think anyone will feel the job is done until the ultimate prize is brought to Miami.
    I am kind of worried myself if Ross will be a Wayne type of owner or a Snyder or Jones type of owner.
    Will Parcells feel like he has been betrayed by Wayne after being reassured by Wayne he would be working for him?

14. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Pioli :)

15. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Good, Schefter is usually dead on.