1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight loss

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by USArmyFinFan, Dec 19, 2008.

Tags:
  1. USArmyFinFan

USArmyFinFan Maximum Effort

Mar 23, 2008
    Houston Texas
    I was wondering if any of you had an idea on weight loss. I need to drop about 20LBS quickly. I was going to start using hydroxycut hardcore to help me out along with exercise and diet. I was wondering if any of you guys have tried it or know of something better?

2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Check out the health and fitness forum a few rows down. We've probably beaten the subject to death there. But a quick basic answer would be drink a ton of water, presumably changing your diet and weight lifting/cardio.

3. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    As always man. Burn more calories than you take in.

4. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    i'd like to point you in the direction of 2 encyclopedia articles that will greatly assist you.

see:
    Regimen: Phelps, Michael
    and
    Diet: Moss, Kate

5. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    you can probably lose at least 10 pounds on water weight alone. Maybe even more. Just cardio will do that. As for the rest change your diet and do high rep, low intensity workouts and a tone of cardio.

6. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    yeah, cardio is the best way to drop quick weight. 30 mins 4-5 times a week of moderate treadmill or stationary bike. also drink a gallon of water per day. i think its pretty easy to down a 1/2 gallon during a workout.

7. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    For every 500 calories per day you can modify it will represent one pound per week.

I don't know what your caloric intake is now but if you start with a reduction of at least 500-1000 per day along with cutting out processed sugars & fried foods and increase your vegetable intake with the cardio & drink one ounce of water per pound you currently weight. You should see that type of change in about 8 weeks.

8. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Hydroxycut etc. will help you burn some water weight and have decent short term effects in weight loss, but is not something I would recommend for prolonged use. Never use more than the recomendation. Stuff messes with metabolism and heartrate. OK for short periods, but not something for long term. Nor will it keep weight off long.
    Exercise, limited caloric intake, water drinking and the pills will likely help drop 20 pretty quick.
    Just be careful using the pills :)

9. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    What works for me, is to just cut sugar out of your diet completely and exercise. I lost 11 pounds this week that way, and am only 10 off my goal.

10. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    If you seriously need to just cut weight, I would recommend a liquid protein diet. Go get a case of protein drinks, and replace your meals with it. I will warn you, this will probably make you feel like crap, but you will lose weight. Make sure you do select a protein beverage that is low in sugar.

If you want to lose weight and stay healthy, cut sugar out of your diet. I can't stress that enough. Eliminate complex carbs (bread, pasta, etc.), and replace with whole grains (rice). Make sure you are maintaining a low carb intake regardless.

Senior year in college I got in the best shape of my life by eatting only the following meals:

A. oatmeal (quaker oats, not that packaged flavored BS) and egg whites
    B. unseasoned, skinless chicken breast, rice

11. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    CKD - Cyclical Ketogenic Diet. Works for me everytime. When do you have to get started? It works on getting rid of fat, with minimal lean muscle. Not for long term of course. Adapt a more balanced diet for maintenance.

12. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    do a 2 weeks of eating just fruit and vegetables or salad and drinking water, and do tons of cardio and spend time in the steam room. like 2-3 hours a day. you'll lose your 20 lbs.

13. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    LOL you guys telling the military guy about cardio. The guy probably knows more about cardio than most here. I've always found the easiest way to shed 15-20lbs fast was with the atkins diet, as long as you try not to take in too much fat while cutting out those carbs.
    Problem is once you stop the diet it all comes back.
    Posted via Mobile Device

14. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    exercise is great, but in my experience is what you eat. unless you have a michael phelps exercise regimen, you can never burn the amount of calories that you can simply cut out of putting in your body to begin with