1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went from happy to depressed in a matter of seconds. (Update)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by BuckeyeKing, Dec 4, 2008.

1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Well me and my bro were waiting outside for my mom to get home from the airport and she arrives hugs are exchanged and were going in the house then my cat runs out the door and outside its pitch black I chase after her and I can't see her. Now she has got out before but I can usually get her because she doesn't get very far but being that it was pitch blacked I had no idea what direction she went. Now I live in Bama in rural area with alot of acres around and a little bit of forests.

So after 30 mins my bro coming towards me saying the cat is behind the neighbors house. Now all of our flashlights are dead I'm out there in the darkness for 15 mins before my bro comes and were walking down to the bit of forest and I spot her but as I slowly creep up she goes into it :sad: I go in blindly kinda thick at first get into it and there are vines with half inch thorns I'm getting snagged but I don't care I care about my pet more than getting scratches. I mainly use my ears and listen to leafs rustling and I try to move but it got to rough wall of foliage. So I backtrack out walking along the outer edge of the forest carefully listening to her footsteps give her take 10-15 feet and see another clearing go into it and she must have been 5 feet away but as the tree's/vines became thicker her foot steps got farther away I couldn't move forward even if I wanted to so I'm 3 1/2 houses down. I go back to get my beanie and jeans and got the rechargeable flashlight went back out there and went up and down back in back out waited for a good 35-40 mins shacking a bag of food nothing but silence.

God I hate this so much I hope she comes back :cry:

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

How old is she?

3. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I believe 6. Had her since she was 8 weeks. Been very attached. She isn't a normal house cat she is a Savannah so she has some wild in her :( Even though we try to keep her inside she always wants to explore.

4. Darkoak

Darkoak Gone for good.

Apr 4, 2008
    Take her food dish and shake it right outside your house\. She hasn't gone far, and she'll come back to her foor, cats aren't dumb.

5. anlgp

I hope she comes back :)

The reason I asked (and not to frighten you) is because cats normally try and go off when they're older to die because they don't like to do it around the owners.

With that said I think your cat isn't classified as "old" at all. And to comfort you I've got two cats and they run off all the damn time. She'll come back she's just playing kitty games.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  6. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Have been doing this ever other 20 mins. The most she has been out was 3 days in Florida. My mom shook food and she came running. The only difference is she is quite a bit of ways out where stray dogs roam. Its pretty cold I wish she would just come back I'm not going to be able to sleep.

Thanks.

Yeah I had a cat for 19-20 years when I was 16 or 17 family pet I grew up with her and she died in my arms. That cat was outside cat would go out and comeback as she pleased but she wasn't wild like this cat.

7. Darkoak

Darkoak Gone for good.

Apr 4, 2008
    I hope it works out OK bud.:up:

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  8. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    at least hopefully if she has some wild in her she'll be able to rough it for a bit before she makes her way back. closest i ever came to losing a cat we thought our kitten was lost in the field behind our house, searched for hours, and turns out he had fallen down an open hole/pipe thing in our basement (i really have no idea what that was come to think of it..) but we stuck a flashlight down there and found him luckily. i realize that doesn't help you at all but sometimes things just work out, hopefully your cat comes back bro

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  9. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Yup... Either his cat or Raccoons. One of the two...

10. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    We have 2 savannahs and they roam all over the block, but they always come back. Those kinds of cats like to explore but know where home is so I think you'll be fine.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  11. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    She'll probably come back Maj I wouldn't worry. I once had a cat disappear for about 2 years and it came back (no kidding). I think for some reason cats just like to explore and if you try to get her back I say she'll come back sooner than later. :up:

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  12. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    Hope she comes back :(

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  13. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Hope she comes back buddy. Keep us updated

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  14. jupiterfin

jupiterfin Mild Irritant

Nov 29, 2007
    Jupiter Florida
    At the risk of sounding like a jerk... Would you mind watching my girlfriends cat? Maybe leave the door open for a couple minutes. :shifty:

15. FinsPensFan

FinsPensFan Professional Slacker

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    Hope she comes back to you. I really, really am not a cat person, but I have a little calico that I would kill for. Keep us posted.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  16. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I hope that she comes back. The thing about cats is that they're curious about everything.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  17. femalefinfan

femalefinfan Phillies fan Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Philth-a-delphia
    I'd be so sad if one of my babies ran away. Does she have a favorite toy that makes noise? Maybe you could try "shaking" the toy outside or something. Good luck. Hope she comes back.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  18. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Couple of things:

- She'll come back eventually. Cats almost always do. Don't panic if it takes a couple of days. She'll come back.

- Leave that food dish out there.

- If you can afford to, leave a window or door open. But don't tilt the window. In fact, make sure you have no window tilted until she's back.

- If she's gone for more than a day, take her to the vet when she comes back.

All the best, mate. Hope she's back soon.

Miamian and BuckeyeKing like this.
  19. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    :(

I hope she returns to you bro.

Please keep us updated.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  20. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    hope she returns bro :(

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  21. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Little update.

Been raining all morning pretty nippy out. Walked in the woods shaking a food bag nothing. I kinow for a fact if I had a working flashlight I could have got her last night but I was blind in those woods. I just hope she stays away from strangers and comes back soon.

Miamian, femalefinfan and FinsPensFan like this.
  22. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    does she have an ID tag or anything in case someone else finds her? maybe put up some posters around your neighborhood

23. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    she has a chip in her but someone has to bring her in. She doesn't have a collar (doesn't like them)

Thanks for the comments everyone.

24. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I keep thinking about one of my students who made light of my grief when I told him that my cat had died. I haven't spoken to him in a friendly tone since.

It's very encouraging to see that people here are more civilized than the louts you sometimes find.

25. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    My one cat was known for just walking into the neighbors house unannounced in the summer (she can open screen doors). She would just walk in and go in the kitchen and look for food like it was nothing.

We never really had to worry about someone stealing her though because shes the kind of cat that if held against her will, would raise absolute hell.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  26. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Hope she comes back bro. I had a british bull dog that was so lazy that if you left the door open or the side gates open, he wouldn't leave the house but end up on the front door. Every single time. for hours. He just wouldn't leave the house. To the point where, I moved into a house with a large yard but no side gates. In the morning, I'd leave him outside. For over 3 years he never ran away. Was always around the house when I'd get back.

He'd run on the street by himself to pee or poop then run back.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  27. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Heh funny stuff. I'm always worried about her if she gets out. We lived in a pretty scummy area in Florida and she was gone for 3 days. Now were in Rural Alabama which is bigger and has hunting rednecks (no offense to those who hunt) I just hope someone doesn't mistake her for a wild animal or target practice :no:

28. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    :lol: Classic. But honestly what kind of hunter hunts house cats. :lol:

I know this isn't a funny thread and don't take it as I don't care Maj that was actually just really funny to me. Plus I can tell you like it in Alabama. :wink2:

Back on a serious note Maj is the cat in heat or possibly if its a male if another cat in the area is in heat that may be a major reason its gone.

Plus if the cat goes on 3 day trips before I'm sure it will come back just keep trying and before you know it you'll be updating us with some good news. :up:

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  29. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Haha thanks for sharing probably the only thing that made me smile today.

I mean as target practice not as in hunt to eat it :lol:

Nah she isn't heat she was months ago we have tried breeding her but there is something wrong with her : /

I hope because its cold and wet tomorrow putting out fliers in my neighborhood.

Still kicking myself about not having a working flashlight.

30. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    i hope she comes back majjie. cats can be frustrating at times. keep us updated

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  31. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well you can't kick yourself for that because this was just some random event that you could not have seen coming.

32. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    going to the shelter today no signs of her. Making fliers also gotta hand them out.

33. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Try to get out as much as possible to look for her, and don't forget to look up, cats love to climb into trees only to find that they can't get down.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  34. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Might want to ask your neighbors if they've seen anything lately if you havent already. That way they'll be on the lookout in the future.

Thats prob what you were gonna do with the fliers anyways.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  35. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Update-

Well went to 2 shelters they were all downtown about 20-35 miles away and it was depressing to see so many Cats and Dogs barking and meowing :( no luck.

Went around a huge radius and handed out fliers (newspaper boxes, between the mailbox and flag) Handed it out before 3. All I can do is wait but the thing is she is a cat not a dog so no loyalty I feel like Ive been used. God the next door neighbors husky gets so happy that I come out side and Ive only seen it like 6 times :pity:

Kanye West likes this.
  36. anlgp

keep faith. sometimes people nearby will buy cat food because there's a strange cat showing up at their door for food and the cat will go there instead of your house. the hussies.

this is why I think dogs > cats

Hope she comes back, though. :)

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  37. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Thats the thing if she is outside with freedom she isn't going to walk up to any person she doesn't know. Since she has some wild in her its obvious she eating either that she is dead :sad:

38. anlgp

well for now hope she's eating.

is it mostly an indoor cat? if so it's probably not far.

39. anlgp

40. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Indoors but she has tasted freedom quite a bit this is the longest she has ever been away. I tend to agree but if she has food and shelter there wont be a need for her to come back.....

I don't know how far a indoor cat would travel after all she isn't just a normal cat. The woods are pretty thick in some areas and traveled a pretty good distance. We put her carrier in the yard didn't put any food due to the fact 3-4 cats roam the neighborhood maybe more. I'm pretty certain she knows the way.

FinsPensFan likes this.