1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forgotten receiver Ernest Wilford to play Sunday

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, Nov 27, 2008.

1. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    He has been criticized a lot by our fans including by me but apparently his woes are not due to lack of effort

Coach Tony Sparano has also been impressed by Wilford's upbeat attitude during his season-long benching.

Hopefully he will fill Camarillos shoes adequately .Who would have thought I would be saying that at the beginning of the season.

Forgotten receiver Ernest WIlford to play Sunday -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

2. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    His opportunity comes against a team that should give plenty of opportunitites within his opportunity.

3. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Who?

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, so far this season our longshot/cast off players have performed well for us when we needed them to, DMart, Andre Goodman, Ayodele, Matt Roth...none of those folks were really expected to contribute, so perhaps Ernest Wilford will also step forward and contribute.

5. Im rooting for the guy. something really dosnt add up in his story. We sign him for decent money, he struggles, he gets benched, Ireland says he made a mistake in his evaluation of the guy, and now they have been praising his work ethic and saying he has been coming along and progressing. What are we to think about him? Are they just building him up with coach talk or has he started to blossom into a viable target. I guess we are about to find out. I hope something clicks when he gets on the field.

6. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I do think there is more to it than we know about.I suspect he has some health issues such as past injuries which are limiting him .He barely passed his physical.

7. I was unaware of him barely passing his physical. Maybe being on the bench is a good thing then. It gave him extra time to heal up.

CrunchTime likes this.
  8. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    for a second i thought the title of this thread was "Ernest Wilford forgot how to play receiver"

The Dude likes this.
  9. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    how awesome would it be if wilford came out this weekend and just lit it up? im talkin over 100 yards, and 2 tds. ive been on his case all year, but i'd sure love to see it happen. doubtful, but man it sure would be nice.

10. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    wait..who?

11. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    If Earnest Wilford, the missing man, goes off for 2Td's and 100 yds this sunday...I'll try and add him to my sig page...:up:

12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think a very interesting part of that article is when Henning said ' He came here with high hopes and was dissappointed'.

To me that tells me Ginn, Cammy and Bess were playin lights out from the get. Wilford could'nt get on the field because the trio was more talented.....yeah, and now that i reflect, those three have been playing great football......Damn i wish the dreamkillah did'nt go down

13. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Wilford's been underachieving his whole career. Might as well try to spark something. Not like we have much choice anyways.

14. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    i really dont want him to play, he isnt true and he wont be here next year anyways. whats the sense, lets get armstrong and london the reps, they have a chance of being true dolphins

PhinsRock likes this.
  15. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Wilford's lack of special teams play ring a bell with anyone?
    Remember Coach Sparano indicated early in the season that Wilford wasn't able to separate himself from the rest of the WRs and didn't play STs.
    From what I recall, Coach Sparano made it seem that this was the primary reason for Wilford's lack of playing time. Had his receiving skills been significantly better than the others then he most likely would have seen some playing time.

16. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Personally I hope he does well, but frankly I'd rather see London get the playing time so he can develop. I really see London as a longer term answer with much more potential. Nothing personal against Wilford, I just feel London has a LOT more upside and long term potential.

17. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    London may well develop. But Wilford is only 29. He's 6'4 225# with an 14.1 avg. I'd like him step up and be that guy who will move the chains for us - this is what he was brought in for.
    At 29, he's got plenty of football left in him and he can be a contributor for a number of years.