1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jets Kiss of Death

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by GARDENHEAD, Nov 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    All the TV talking heads are saying the jets are the best in the AFC and are going to the Super Bowl. jet fans know this is the kiss of death!

Seriously, the jets look pretty good. However, I'd rather see New England win the Super Bowl with Matt Cassell than see the jets will the whole thing.

2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Well, would you rather be where the Jets are right now or where we are right now?

And I would rather see anyone besides the Jets or Pats win it if its not us.

Jet fans have every right to feel real good right now.

3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Miami or no one else from the AFCE. That's who I want to win the SB every year.

4. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I couldn't stomach a Pats Superbowl win. I'm sure Matt Cassell is a nice guy, he just needs to go to a team that you can respect. The Jets wouldn't make me feel much better. I still think the Titans are probably the best team in the AFC. Everybody has an off day. Except the 72 Dolphins.

5. Jets81

Jets81 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    For the first time in a long time I actually feel pretty good about the Jets. They have a monster offense and a pretty damn good defense as well. It all starts on the lines and the Jets have one of the best OL's in football right now. They also have Kris Jenkins who's a force all by himself...the guy deserves to be in the MVP mix at this point. David Harris has been sidelined so when he returns the D will get another boost. Brett Favre...well......he's Brett Favre. Nuff said. I was a bit of a skeptic at first but it seems like even he's bought into Mangini's system. The team seems to be following his example.

When you consider all of the additions made by the Jets this offseason it's pretty impressive that they've been able to put it all together this fast. Lots of new faces on both sides of the ball, but they seem to be getting into sync. Most enjoyable season to watch since 98'.

BwanaZulia likes this.
  6. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    The bigger they are, the harder they fall!

Remember, its the jets. They will fall.

7. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Jets have found themselves in quite a few games where teams are "helping" them win. I'd be interested to see the Jets play a good team who is on their game. Like when they played the Chargers, Chiefs, you know, a game without 3-5 turn-overs in a half? They're doing well, but completely capable of losing on any given Sunday to just about anybody.

Like the Broncos coming up...which Bronco team is gona show up? The team that got blown out at home against the Raiders, or the team who went on the road and handed the Falcons their asses. This game could be a blow out in either direction.

8. That game wasnt even close, we turned the ball over twice. Any team can win or lose on every Sunday, but we are doing what we have to do, plain and simple.

5 wins in a row, 7 of last 8. Ouor defense will not get blown out, as long as we dont do the dreaded pervent defense. Good luck next week.

9. Jets81

Jets81 Junior Member

Dec 4, 2007
    The Jets almost always force those turnovers that happen every game. You can't take credit away for that. Just admit it, they're playing good football right now. The wasted the only undefeated team left in the league in their own house. Additionally, this isn't the same Jets team that got blown out by the Bolts. They actually believe they can win these days, and it's showing.