1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steve Slaton: OMG!!!

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by GISH, Nov 16, 2008.

Tags:
  1. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
  2. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    i guess you havent seen any other houston games..but yeah he's a beast, thank god he is on my fantasy team

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    yeah that was an outstanding run by slaton. Houston definately made a great pick with him thats for sure.

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Hes explosive, no doubt about it. They couldnt be happier with how hes turned out for them. Now if only they could assemble a defense and have an actual QB. Rosenfels is TERRIBLE and Schaub, though good, is very injury prone.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Very interesting talk around the league with the Texans. Talk is that they could be targeting a QB early in next years draft.

I like Slaton a lot, however I don't know if his body can hold up through a 16 game season.

6. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Yeah he was all but held out of last weeks game because of a low battery charge. They definately need a good relief/hammer back to spell him and take some of the short yardage pounding. Definately a talent though and great pickup.

I expect Kubiak to be fired, and possibly the GM as well. They havent really gone anywhere with the team and they have never made "the leap." This year is a definate regression from last year as well which is never good. Even worse that the division is weak this year aside from Tenn. Indy and JVille are not the teams they were last year.

Schaub is a really solid QB. Wont be great, but can be good, but hes hurt all the time. And if Kubiak and Reese the GM get the axe can see the new crew looking into the position. Only question will be what rookie QBs are in the draft and how they look. There is some concern it wont be a good bunch this go around.
    They also need passrush and DB help something fierce.

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'd be surprised if Kubiak is fired. The GM will be on the outs IMO. The problem I have with that team is that they model themselves off a Broncos team that hasn't been exactly very successful over the last few years, especially on defense. They are not a physical team and they don't have toughness, exactly like the Broncos. I realize Kubiak is from the Shanahan coaching tree but he needs to get away from that and go his own way. Just my opinion.

I concur. Schaub is a good Quarterback as you mention but he gets dinged up almost every other game it seems. As you say, the QB class is weak this year unless they pick early and the Juniors come out or if they look to Graham Harell.