1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why We're Broke and How to Fix It

Discussion in 'Economics and Financials' started by jdang307, Nov 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Why We're Broke and How To Fix It | IttyBiz

I've been doing a lot of research lately because I am launching a new business shortly. This social media stuff is very powerful so I've been soaking it all up big time. I'm going to primarily market my firm online (and of course traditional networking, but no print/yellow pages etc.) so I'm scouring the web for stuff.

This article is pretty good and while the blog is about online business, it's a good read nonetheless. Just thought someone might enjoy.

EDIT: I'm not advocating buying her course or anything. But some people that command great respect in the blogosphere have said good things about this article, so I decided to link it :)

Boik14 likes this.
  2. my 2 cents

my 2 cents Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    JD....I agree with the author totally. I also agree most people that are successful (wealthy) will replecate their financial success quickly.

IMHO there is a big confidence factor also...people just will not believe in themselves to succeed financially.I have one saying that I always try and live by myself....never limit yourself with your own expectations of yourself.......

Thanks for the link.

3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Confidence is part of it but being smart with your money and living within your means until you get to that point is another. Thats not to say be frugal or cheap but dont buy a benz when you budget yells hyundai. Thats another thing these people do well.

Also, innovation and thinking a little outside the box in searching for ways to make money are also things they do differently.

4. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Yup you both hit the nail in the head. I went through some stressful times a few months back (right before the ish hit the fan in the markets) and started to look for another job. I thank god I have a job but that doesn't keep me from being miserable.

I realized, I need to do this myself. So I'm going from a lawyer working for a company to now entrepenuer, boss, marketer, receptionist, etc. It'll be some interesting times for sure.