1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on my teams

Discussion in 'Other Fantasy Sports' started by Boik14, Oct 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    14 teams, 9 stats (FG%, FT%, 3's, Pts, rebs, ast, stl, blk, TO)

PG: Jamal Crawford
    SG: Paul Pierce
    G: Michael Redd
    SF: Charlie Villanueva
    PF: KG
    F: Travis Outlaw
    C: Yao Ming
    C: Jeff Foster
    Util: Ray Allen
    Util: Kirk Hinrich

Bench: Jeff Green, Rafer Alston, Jamaal Tinsley, Corey Brewer, Sean May, Etan Thomas

From what I surmise I lack a few blocks and assists but I should own treys, points, have solid %'s, and do ok against most of the league in steals and blocks.

Probably needs more assists unless Tinsley emerges/gets dealt (Denver?) or Hinrich gets dealt to a PG needy team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This one is a 12 team keeper that I inherited, same 9 stats:

PG: TJ Ford
    SG: Ray Allen
    G: Richard Hamilton
    SF: Mike Dunleavy (Keeper drafted last year in rd 12)
    PF: Michael Beasley
    F: Richard Jefferson
    C: Yao Ming (Keeper rd 1)
    C: Pau Gasol (Keeper rd 2)
    Util: Mike Conley
    Util: Kirk Hinrich

Bench: Rodney Stuckey, Nate Robinson, Russell Westbrook, Ronny Turiaf, Marco Belinelli

Personally, I think I have a lot of good breakout candidates on both teams. Ford for example is about 12 more minutes a game from being a 18point/10 assist player if he goes from 22 to 34 minutes a game as well as a head shot away from ending his career.

Your thoughts?

2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I like your 2nd one a bit more and not just because you have Gasol and Westbrook. Pretty well rounded though Beasley could be a gamble.

3. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Well Beasley I took as a long term player. I grabbed him in the 4th round figuring in a year or two he will be an absolute stud in the fourth round with Marion-esque stats. If I decide to keep him, which I probably will, knowing I have a potentially elite option in round 4 every year puts me ahead of the competition, just like getting dunleavy in round 12 did last year. In a fairly deep league with deep rosters, getting stars late is always a huge advantage. :up:

I actually like the first one more myself. I think it has a comparable roster to the 2nd one and its a deeper league.

4. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I suppose so but for the short term at least, maybe a good idea to get a dependable PF somewhere.

As for the first team, Yao will be guaranteed to miss time and not a lot left at C.

5. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Yeah a lot of teams were in the same position there. Theres only 1 team with more then 2 quality C's. I figured Foster and Etan Thomas should see big minutes due to the lack of quality bigs on their teams and am keeping an eye on 1-2 other C eligible players (Roy Hibbert). At some point I figure KG may become C eligible. Im also trying to obtain Zach Randolph since he should get C eligibility.

For the keeper team with Beasley, I was handicapped a little from the get go on that. We were allowed to keep 4 but the team I inherited truthfully didnt have 4 players worth keeping. Many of the good PF's were snatched up before the draft even started so since I had 2 of the best C eligible player (Yao and Pau) I focused on getting some guards with upside. I think I found a couple of potential keepers with Ford in round 6, Conley in round 8, and Nate Robinson in round 13. Im really high on Robinson as I expect him to well exceed what leandro Barbosa has done under D'Antoni as a 6th man. I know its only preseason but hes close to a point per minute so far which is pretty ridiculous and hes playing for a contract. Hes also doing it without being a ballhog which makes me all the more giddy.

6. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Lets add one more team to this: Keeper league, kept 7, standard 9 stats.

1. (4) Amare Stoudemire This player is a keeper.
    2. (12) Yao Ming This player is a keeper.
    3. (20) Shawn Marion This player is a keeper.
    4. (28) Joe Johnson This player is a keeper.
    5. (36) Richard Jefferson This player is a keeper.
    6. (44) LaMarcus Aldridge This player is a keeper.
    7. (52) David West This player is a keeper.
    8. (60) Tony Parker
    9. (68) Al Horford
    10. (76) T.J. Ford
    11. (84) Mike Conley
    12. (92) Derrick Rose
    13. (100) Zach Randolph
    14. (108) Nate Robinson
    15. (116) Ronnie Brewer
    16. (124) Jeff Green
    17. (132) Wilson Chandler

Obviously lacks 3's...trying to deal marion for a PG who takes care of 3's and assists. Anything else Im missing?

7. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    :lol: You really like those Knicks. Usually that's a fantasy disaster but I like what D'Antoni's doing over there. I'm glad they don't take bad D and passing into consideration in fantasy or else Randolph's stock plummets. Though I guess I had the Laker past (Shaq, Butler), current (Kobe, Bynum, Odom, Fisher), and even future team (already had Gasol in the beginning and then he became a Laker) last year so I'm not one to judge. I might even consider swinging a trade for a backup SG who can hit the 3.

Boik14 likes this.
  8. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    The thing with Randolph is that he CAN pass he just doesnt.

Im still giddy with D'Antoni telling Fat Eddy McFlurry hes not in the rotation right now because hes not playing well enough and hes not in shape. hes already endeared me. Now if Donnie Walsh just cuts Eddy's fatter older brother, Jerome James, that would also win me over. :pointlol:

9. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Before Randolph, I'd never seen someone try to force a shot while in tight 4 man coverage and a guy open under the basket. :lol:

10. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Oh please, you watched Kobe six-seven years ago....

Still Id rather have Randolph shoot the ball then have Curry think the ball is food. :pointlol:

11. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Zach Randolph makes the Kobe from 6-7 years ago look like John Stockton.

You have a point there. Still, they're both out of shape. It's just one's the Earth and one's the moon.

12. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    The only resemblence Kobe bears to John Stockton is that they both like white chicks.

curry's so fat hes ready to inhale the earth at his next meal. The moon is desert. God, i loved D'antoni putting him in line the other night. He makes Randolph look committed to defense. :pointlol:

13. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Well, considering D'Antoni's teams don't play D...:wink2: