1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California's Unemployment unchanged?

Discussion in 'Economics and Financials' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Employment Development Department

I am not buying this at all. I know many people that are getting impacted everyday. The new report says that our unemployment is still 7.7%. :no:

2. dolfan06

dolfan06 New Member

May 19, 2008
    Arkansas
    what those stats don't show are how many of those employees are now flipping burgers. too many jobs are leaving the country. when obama started his campaign, he said he was gonna take the tax exemptions away from those companies that leave, haven't heard a damn thing since.:no:

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  3. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I'm pretty sure most people in Cali can tell you that they or someone they know has felt the job pinch.

4. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Is it that high already? Wow.

as for me, I'm one of those that doesn't know anyone impacted yet. Times are slow for sure, but so far nobody laid off ... yet. Some businesses not doing great though.

5. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Uhm, in the last debate he talked about this very thing. In fact, he said he wants to give tax breaks for companies that creat jobs here in the U.S.

And it sucks out here in California right now. My company basically told us that the next quarterly bonus will be the last one for probably 3/4 of a year. Which hurts equally as bad seeing as how me and the girl work for the same company.

:sigh:

I suppose I may have to look for a weekend job... :no:

6. mnfinfan

mnfinfan Active Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    Grand Cayman and Minnesota
    I am having to do that too while I ramp up my client base. Problem with full commission in your first year is lack of clients! The last few weeks have been my busiest though, so that is looking up thankfully.

7. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Hang in there Brother Sam.:wink2: