1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop and Think

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FINintheMOON, Dec 30, 2007.

Tags:
  1. FINintheMOON

FINintheMOON Moderator Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va
    OK fellow FinFans… This year has past us by… All thoughts and wisdom will be put forth in the coming year. I really don’t even know where to start to provide the glimpses of things to come… We have had our ups and downs, a hell of a lot more downs than I care to mention though… However, I feel that we can take a bit of this season and look to a better team next year.

Many out here would rule this season as the worst in the history of this team… And while I may drift to that opinion, I can not agree with it. There where too many games decided on a play or 2 and I will forever support that! I say this for many reasons and hope that many others out here understand why it was what it was…

Now I can go into the injuries, the lack of depth, the blown calls by a rookie HC and the bad calls against the FINS… But I am not going to do that…

I want to see this, as well as hope that everyone else sees this, as a starting point for the years to come… We have talent on this team and I see this talent being around for the next 3 years… Players that are keepers are as follows:

Offense
    Satele
    Hadnot
    Carey
    Ginn
    Peele
    Brown
    Williams
    L. Booker

Defense
    Z.T.
    J.T.
    Wright
    Pope
    J. Allen
    Bell
    Porter
    W. Allen

Now QB is a different story… While I like what I have seen from Green, Lemon and Beck this year, I feel that we need a change… However... I don’t see any other QB in FA or the draft that could unseat these guys… JMHO….

So as we close this season, we have many areas that need to be addressed… My personal opinion for immediate attention is “DEFENSEâ€. 3 of the 1st 4 picks should be defense! The 1 pick in the 1st 4 for offense should be a “WRâ€â€¦

So 3 picks defense, 1 pick offense in the 1st 4 picks… JMHO…

2. FinNfAn56

FinNfAn56 New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I dont know if i agree ith you on all of tht i think if we can grab a TE like the kid from ND or from Missouri then we should and i think we can basically draft someone at every position except for runing back

3. Phinfan31

Phinfan31 New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I agree with both of you. WR is a priority...but if we trade down we might be able to land one in that deal...if we don't trade down or get a FA WR...I'd only be interested in Sweed/Hardy ...but forget Hardy. I dont think Parcells will bring in a guy who hit his 1 yr old...

TE in my opinion is the biggest need on offense. However, I wouldnt take either of the ones listed above. Travis Beckham - Wisconsin is going to be the best TE out of this bunch. He would especially fit well in our offense. Hes used to blocking in the wisconsin run first off. and has excellent hands and speed/route running. He'd be a steal with our 3rd pick (2nd rd from SD)

I'd also like to see Ryan Clady from BSU...the guy is argued to be the best tackle in the draft over Long...better balance/foot work, but just like Levi Brown he should shoot way up draft boards from the earlier predicted 15-20 range to top5 by the time the day arrives. :(

4. psingh01

psingh01 New Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Would anyone consider doing a draft pick trade with dallas and try to get their TE in the package?

Our #1 for their two 1st rounders plus Whitten (I believe is his name)

5. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i dont think zack and jt will be around for 3 mores years man. i dont know id yeremiah bell can last a 16 game season. i personally like ricky williams, but dont feel strongly that he'll be here for the next 3 years either. i really dont know if jason allen is any good. we get another corner opposite will allen, and a solid safety...does jason allen become our soft spot, when games begin to matter again? this off-season is a total crap-shoot. i have no idea whats gonna happen. i can speculate on the info we keep recycling. im just gonna treat it like a fun soap opera. i love finheaven in february. and through-out the draft. everyone is 0-0, full of hope. i advise all to have fun, keep expectations low, but be grateful for the fact that we've hit rock bottom and are heading on the way back to redemption.... and everyone pray the Pats lose in the play-offs. i'll puke if these scumbags go 19-0.

6. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i just dont see JJ giving up his draft for the #1. they prefer to stockpile picks like the gaytriots. and they have talent everywhere. i dont see them going after a guy like ditka after RW. noones hard up to get to the top of this draft class.