1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins Bar in Los Angeles

Discussion in 'The Phins Connection - Tailgating & More' started by Bpk, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Well, the owner is a big Dolphins fan.

The bar website lists the Dolphins as a 'hometeam' lol.

And there is a big neon Dolphins logo over the TV.

If you want a Dolphins bar to watch games in around LA, this seems like the one. (Note: I just discovered it and haven;t been there to see a game yet)

Leo's All-Star Sport Bar & Grill

2. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    woah. it's kind of a hike up there but sounds pretty cool. if anyone goes let me know how it is. if it's good maybe we could organize a dolphins get-together up there or something one of these sundays

3. Bpk

Yeah, it's a ways, huh!

The way I figure it, it's worth it if they are winning as much as losing.

It'd be a lot of fun.

Also, I emailed them to make sure the game'd be on the 102 inch giant TV and I asked if the SOUND would be on! (I hate not hearing the game/commentators).

If it's as awesome as it looks, then we need to pick a game to meet up at the bar, I agree.

Any suggestions for weeks that look good i the schedule?

Maybe the Bills games?

B.

4. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Pretty far inland for me. Sounds like a cool place though.

5. pennphinfan

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    yea i'm usually content with going up to Q's on wilshire on sundays but i figure if we can all make it up one week it'd be fun

i vote against the seattle game, as i'll be in Miami for that one :wink2:

6. H.Moody

H.Moody Junior Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Los Angeles,Ca.
    there were a couple of Bars that I use to go to,but they went out of business over the last two seasons...:cry: :chuckle:

Bpk likes this.
  7. Bpk

Q's is 2 minutes from my house. lol

THing is, I don't like bars unless they're dolphins bars that'll ensure a bigger screen and sound.

Nothing disappoints me more than watching a camera shot of our sideline for a full minute, knowing they're saying something about game strategy or an injury and I can't hear any of it.

Bah.

If the Phins keep winning at least 50% of the time, I'll chance the drive inland. It's only 40 minutes or whatever. Worth it to go to a true Dolphins bar. That said, they haven't replied to my e-mail, so that ain't a good sign.

8. pennphinfan

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    yeah i know what you mean. last week they had it on the big projection tv and had audio bc it was the pats. i'm sure they'll have the audio again this week bc its the chargers. also, just realized last week they have free hot dogs/chicken and stuff grilled upstairs. so you can really get by hanging out all day for next to nothing, unless you're drinking of course.

i'll be going this week even though we're on national tv bc my bro wants to watch his Eagles so we need to go where we can watch both at once.

Bpk likes this.
  9. pennphinfan

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    i'm gonna be trying to go to Q's early tomorrow and see if we can get the fins on a tv with audio. The NE/SF game is late so that helps. since its SD i think he might put it on. and there are usually 2-3 different audio's that he plays. i'm sure the eagles skins game will be the main one but we stand a chance of gettin some audio. we'll see.

10. pennphinfan

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    oo, no we haven't yet. hm. our car is currently out of commission so i'm not sure i'd be able to get up to that bar this week. also, i've found myself working on sundays. i think i'm going to take off the sunday of the jets game though, because I really don't want to work if that game has the implications i hope it will have..

11. dolphinatic83

dolphinatic83 New Member

Sep 12, 2010
    so when i first moved out here i looked one up and of course found leo's...

been going ever since (3rd year)...

pros:
    1) great food
    2) good service
    3) low key
    4) OWNER (LEO) IS A FAN!!! ask him to turn it UP!!!

cons:
    1) prices could be a little better (but not too bad)
    2) gets packed cuz it's kinda small (come early for late games!!!)
    3) could be a far drive depending on where you're coming from but I'd suggest taking the highways (210, 134, 2) or Verdugo up.
    4) not on big screen (why?!?!? ~shrug ~ but Leo takes care of his people)

so you're thinking...it's a tie? no...tie breaker is cute girls...but that's usually a given!

thank you, and you're welcome!

Bpk likes this.
  12. Frostproof

Frostproof New Member

Aug 6, 2014
    So did you guys ever go there? How was it? This will be my first NFL season in LA ... :glare:

13. screamfest

screamfest New Member

Nov 22, 2015
    We have been going to Pineapple Hill in Sherman Oaks. Leo's in Montorse is sold and now closed.
    We have a Meetup group - http://www.meetup.com/Miami-Dolphins-Fans-Los-Angeles-Area

Pineapple Hill is also a Viking's bar but everyone is very cool and there are enough big screen TVs to share. When there is enough of us the owner has another sound bar for us. Last few weeks has been cool since Vikings have had afternoon games and us in the morning. One win. One loss. :( Good food. Servers all friendly and remember our names. Big place and room for everyone.

14. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

It's closed permanently. :(