1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cam Staying Mum on Backs

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Nov 24, 2007.

Tags:
  1. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    If I were a betting man I would bet that Ricky plays, maybe not a ton, but some.

2. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I just want to see Gado, and Booker in there, and not Cobbs. I say Ricky gets 10 or so carries.

3. dolphan117

Nov 24, 2007
    I would like to see Booker get some more action, and yeah, I could see 10 or so for Ricky. He is a serious upgrade over Chatman as a receiver as well. Not as good as Ronnie but still a heck of a receiver out of the backfield. Didn't he lead our team in catches one year under Wanny?

4. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I am not sure bro. I don't know if you are aware of it or not, but Ronnie and Chatman have been averaging over 5 yards a carry. Chatman has been doing a great job in my book. He is also playing special teams. I am not sure on your Wanny question. I think we are very lucky to have Chatman.:)

5. dolphan117

Nov 24, 2007
    I'm glad to have him too, runs very hard and gives everything he has....... Just not a very good receiver.

Its a shame but I doubt he will be back next year. I think he is on a one year deal and with the way he has played somebody will probably give him some decent change over the off-season.

6. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Cobbs this year is doing better then I thought. He is 11 carries for 37 yards and a 3.4 average with 1 TD. Chatman is 85 carries for 392 yards and a 4.6 average with 1 TD.

7. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I hope that Chatman comes back next year, due to the fact if Ronnie is slow to heal from his injury, along Williams status with the team is unnone.

8. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod Season Ticket Holder

Nov 23, 2007
    Gainesville Florida
    I'm not sure why people are down on Cobbs, he ran well in preseason and simply has not had any carries. Cam tedns to use only one back during the game a little too much for me, First it was ronnie playing 98% of the snaps then it was Chatman. I think the 2nd back should be in at least 10-15% of the time just to give the starter some rest. We used to have packages for Sammy Morris and even T.Minor had a few plays a game on 3rd down, which is where Booker was supposed to step in.

With Chatman being nicked up it seems a perfect time to ride Ricky Williams for all he is worth. He might not be able to walk next week but I bet with his fresh legs Ricky could drop 150 yards on the Steelers.

Then mix some Chatman, Cobbs and L.Booker in the mix. We run that play action pass to the RB 6-9 times per game, L. Booker could be catching some of those.

Oboy likes this.
  9. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    bro I just haven't seen a lot out of Cobbs. Perhaps he shows that I am wrong on Monday Night.:)

10. FINintheMOON

FINintheMOON Moderator Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Catharpin, Va
    LUG... I agree with running Ricky hard... I hope he turns out 700 - 800 yards in the last 6 games... Then we put his arse on the trading block for a low draft pick. Like a 6th or 7th rounder...

11. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    i havnt seen anything to make me think Cobbs will be a star. i may be wrong.

12. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Why not? Make em watch tapes of everyone. They want a win, they'll have to earn it.

13. Finominal

Finominal New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I hope they play Ricky

Ricky has been doing these same plays his whole life. Get football, run that way. Basic stuff at that position for someone with his skills. You don’t teach the thing he is best at. He did play eleven games last year so it isn’t like he was out of football, either. He is something of a basket case, not to be counted on to keep it together long term, but he is a phenom of a running back. Always was, and will no doubt show the same vision that made him great. He was always a slow starter, like a lot of backs. He’s getting paid basically the minimum, you can only hope to trade him for another prospective minimum wage player, so I say just keep him and milk it for everything you can get until the next failed drug test. That’s all you get. Ricky ran for 1,853 yards for us, remember? That’s more than LaDainian Thomlinson got (1,815) for Cam in San Diego. If this offensive line can make holes, Ricky will put a smile on our faces for a few games. Run Ricky run!!!