1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week One: Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by alen1, Sep 8, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'm not sure how many of you got to see the Titans-Jaguars game. If you were in Central Florida, like me, you got to see it and it was a good defensive game. The Titans played well against the Jaguars, they sacked Garrard three times in the first half if I remember correctly. Vanden Bosh dominated Khalif Barnes. Courtland Finnegan is one hell of a player again this year. He is getting better and better. The Titans got a great steal in the seventh round. He had two interceptions yesterday. Reports are now coming out that Albert Haynesworth played the game with a concussion. He played very good. I think he was the one who had the game-ending sack.

Moving along, Chris Johnson. Johnson is one fast guy lol. It was crazy how the Jaguars played pretty well against the rest of the team but had no answer for Johnson. Johnson had 93 yards rushing yesterday and had over 100 total yards with one touchdown. He may be the playmaker the Titans offense needs.

Vince Young made some bad throws. He threw an interception that was absolutely horrible. The receiver was coming across the middle and was covered by the Florence. To add to that, Gerald Sensabaugh was standing in front of the receiver and Vince Young tossed it right to him. He also got injured and could miss up to four weeks.

What are your guys expectations for the Titans this year?

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The Titans sort of backed into the playoffs last year, and I don't think they deserved to be there. I'm not sure any team with Vince Young at QB deserves to make a playoff run. That defense looks like it's playing even harder, though. If they post a winning record, that defense will be why.

I think they're the AFC version of the Bears.

3. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    The Titans will be in the AFC Championship game this year. That defense is phenomenal. Them and San Diego probably have the best two defenses and they dont have an injury to Merriman to deal with

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I dont think the Offense is good enough to take them to the Championship game, good D or no.

That said it IS a nasty defense and it could be good enough for a playoff run. Haynesworth needs to stay healthy though.

5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The only way the Titans make the AFC Championship is if they buy group tickets. They backed in to the playoffs last year and got creamed. Defense alone can't win you very many games. At some point, they need to produce on offense, and with that QB and those WRs I don't see it. Just stack the box and you can force them to go three and out.

I take it back: the Titans are the AFC version of the Vikings, not the Bears. :lol:

6. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I only have 6 tv's going on sundays.........

but I did have that game on also:up:

7. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well here in TN they are reporting that Young will be out 2-4 weeks with a leg injury. If this is the case then that could be 2-4 losses for this team.

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I don't know man. With that defense and the veteran Kerry Collins, they could win some games in Young's absence.

9. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Trust me Alen because I have to watch this team constantly with Collins as the QB they will be lucky to win a game during that stretch.

alen1 likes this.