1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drew Mormino

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphinsfan69, Dec 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Dolphinsfan69

Dolphinsfan69 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    The forgotten player. Anyone heard any updates on how he's doing? He was slated to start as a rookie before he was put on IR. He could solve our weak link on the offensive line.

2. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Was he really, or was it part of the motivation game that Cam played with both Hadnot and Shelton. he did keep them playing next to each other on the second team - strange.

3. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Banned

Dec 17, 2007
    Harrisburg, PA
    we would've started at LG instead of Lewinski, but no idea how he'll fit in next year

4. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    He may in the future but, anyone who watched him last year could see he wasn't ready yet, he just wasn't strong enough for the job.

5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Mormino's only problem was his strength. Since he's had basically a redshirt year to bulk up, it'll be interesting to see how he fares in training camp next year, and how his progress will affect talks with Hadnot over a new contract.

6. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    All depends on who is coaching, different scheme...................6th rounder might not make the cut.

7. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Bro I don't buy the 6th rounder part. Look at the Patriots, they have O lineman that weren't even drafted that are starters.

8. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Mormino was never going to start this year. He was getting manhandled.

He needs to bulk up and work on his strength and take a shot again in 2008.

9. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    He could be a good player for us i dont really know how he will be in the pros but from what i have heard he wasnt bad in college

10. #1DoLfAnOKesh

#1DoLfAnOKesh New Member

Dec 13, 2007
    hopefully he will be ready for next year...we need as much young OL help as we can get

11. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I completely agree. When I got to Miami in August two of the hyped rookies were Mormino and Wright. Then I watched the exhibition games and neither one was close to ready.

But Mormino has a chance. I saw some smarts and skills. I love OL play and after years of Whitley and Alabi-caliber picks I'll take a guy like Mormino in the 6th.

12. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

They have one undrafted starter in Stephen Neal. Light was a 2nd rounder, Mankins a 1st rounder, Koppen was a 5th and Kaczur was a 3rd. Still the point is well taken. There are a good number of low round OL who have been long time starters. Guys like Tom Nalen, Mark Tauscher, and even our own Rex Hadnot.

13. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Which may have been the plan all along. His injury was kind of obscure as I recall, not something that obviously happened in the heat of a game. They may have just been looking for a way to 'redshirt' him for the year, so to speak.

14. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Basically a project right now but a quite valuable one.