1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Our Writers, check this out.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PhinsRock, Sep 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

We have a lot of guys here who can write very well, particularly about the Dolphins. I saw this ad looking for guys to write articles about the Fins:
    Here's a link: Sign Up for Bleacher Report

2. PhinsRock

Sorry, I have no idea. I am no writer so I figured I should just share this with you guys. If someone finds out, please advise.

3. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007

Think of it as something of a sports article Wikipedia. Users rate your stuff and can even add to or correct it. Personally, I wouldn't bother. Not only's there no compensation but any writer worth some should loathe the idea of anyone else than a competent editor correcting his stuff.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  4. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Even if there is not compensations the publication itself would work well if you were aiming to built a portfolio.

5. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    It would be worth it if they paid for you to go to each dolphin game, home or away, and if you got press passes for interview, player access.

6. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    I think you can apply for press credentials with little backing - hard to get it to go at big events but from what I understand if you get press credentials at small local events do a write up and publish it even to a website you can built a portfolio and move your way up the food chain until you get some prime gigs.

7. PhinsRock

IMPORTANT NOTE: I posted this same thread in club level and the comment was made that the site I linked to might be a similar site to thephins.com.

If that is the case then geez! I never even gave that a thought, I didn't see it as anything competitive to this site at all. The thought had just not occurred to me. :no:

I just saw this as a place where some of our aspiring sports writers could possibly get their work posted and thought it would be good for them. Mods if i have crossed any line here I very deeply and sincerely apologize! :sad:

I never imagined that was a similar site to thephins.com at all, or I would NEVER have posted anything about it, I assure you. If that is a similar site to this one, I am not only sorry, but that would kind of piss me off the way they are falsely promoting their site. :tantrum:

I never really looked over their site because i didn't see myself as qualified to write sports articles.