1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

14 Contests Now Live on Contests.ThePhins.com!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Celtkin, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    Welcome to the First Annual ThePhins.Com Contests!

Think you know football? Think you know Dolphin’s football? Well it’s time to put your knowledge to the test. ThePhins.com is pleased to announce that all of our 2008 contests are live and ready to go! That’s 14 different weekly and season contests, each with their own prize(s). And you can enter them all. Don’t miss out on your chance to win.

A list of all the contests, along with rules on how to play and enter can be found at contests.thephins.com. And did we mention that each contest has its own set of prizes? So get your entries in today.

Contests.ThePhins.Com

Weekly Entry Contests

ThePhins.Com (TP.C) Bookie Contest

A weekly betting contest where everyone starts out with 5000 Phins and can bet on up to 4 different items every week. The top three season leaders win.

Weekly Entry Contests

NFL Pick’em

Contestants predict the winners of every game each week with weekly and season winners.

NFL Survivor

Contestants predict one winner each week. If your pick loses, or you do not make a pick you are eliminated. The last player surviving wins.

Dolphins Survivor Contest

Contestants must pick the winner of the Miami Dolphins game each week. If your pick loses, or you do not make a pick, you are eliminated. The last player surviving wins.

Dolphins Offensive Stat of the Week Contest

Contestants predict the player and stat for the Dolphins offensive question of the week with weekly winners.

Dolphins Defensive Stat of the Week Contest

Contestants predict the player and stat for the Dolphins defensive question of the week with weekly winners.

Season Prediction Contests

Super Bowl XLIII Prediction Contest

Pick the teams and final score for Super Bowl XLIII. The closest prediction will win the prize.

Miami Dolphins Season Record Contest

Pick every games of the Miami Dolphins 2008 regular season. The closest prediction wins.

Miami Dolphin’s Player Prediction Contests

Miami Dolphins Season Leading Passer

Predict who will lead the Miami Dolphins in passing this season. The closest prediction wins.

Miami Dolphins Season Leading Rusher

Predict who will lead the Miami Dolphins in rushing this season. The closest prediction wins.

Miami Dolphins Season Leading Receiver

Predict who will lead the Miami Dolphins in receiving this season. The closest prediction wins.

Miami Dolphins Season Sack Leader

Predict who will lead the Miami Dolphins in sacks this season. The closest prediction wins.

Miami Dolphins Season Interception Leader

Predict who will lead the Miami Dolphins in interceptions this season. The closest prediction wins.

Miami Dolphins Season Leading Tackler

Predict who will lead the Miami Dolphins in tackles this season. The closest prediction wins.

Contests.ThePhins.Com

Good Luck to Everyone!

2. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    brandon27, BuckeyeKing and GoPhins! like this.
  3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Done!

Thanks Celtkin and Co for putting this together!

4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Done and Done! In them all I believe. Except for the TP.C Bookie section... im confused as how to make my bets.

The one that asks... will the dolphins win? if i check that box... and put in a bet... im saying they will win?

Or... Will the dolphins and jets combine for more than 37 points... if i just put in my bet... what am i betting on... yes? or no? It doesnt specifiy... Or am I just confused???

5. GoPhins!

GoPhins! Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    The first one you are betting that the Dolphins will win. The second one you are betting that the combined score will be MORE that 37 points. Sorry about the confusion. I will try to word them better next week. :)

brandon27 likes this.
  6. phinsfan1221

phinsfan1221 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    PALM BEACH GARDENS
    can anyone tell me why at 4 to 1 bet laying 500 you only get 1500 back that would be 3to1 in my book, you only take the 500 if you lose.

7. GoPhins!

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    Sorry for the confusion.

You pay the 500 up front for the bet. Then, if you win, you get paid 2000. For a net gain of 1500. I tried to word the questions so that everyone would understand. Win $4 for every $1 bet. So for every $1 you give me to bet I give you back $4 if you win. If you have a better way to word that I am open to suggestions. :)

8. phinsfan1221

phinsfan1221 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    PALM BEACH GARDENS
    so if you bet 500 on 2 to 1 you win 1000 for a net gain of 500 which is even money at 1 for 1 why not just say that. very miss leading

9. GoPhins!

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    Because this isn't just for betters and not everyone understands how 1:1 odds work. So I tried to word it so that everyone could understand.

Apparently I didn't do too good of a job though. :)

10. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    hey gophins, do you think you could set up like a losers' bracket for the bookie thing? no prize for winning or anything, its just really fun to fake bet and I miss it now that i have 0 haha

GoPhins! likes this.
  11. GoPhins!

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    Hmmm, don't really have time this year to do all of the required programming and database changes. But, I will see what I can do about adding it in for next year. :up:

12. pennphinfan

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    awesome, will look forward to it! :up:

p.s. you could always just give everyone involved an extra 1000 credits.. haha

GoPhins! likes this.
  13. pennphinfan

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    So I'd like to announce that I am tied for dead last in the Fins season record predictions. Myself, along with Griddles and Larry Little are all 0-8, meaning we have picked every single game wrong so far. We all have Seattle picked for this weekend, so if the fins pull off a W we'll all be 0-9 :)

and now that i look at it further, griddles and I have the exact same picks, so neither of us can be crowned ultimate idiot, but Larry's got one game different, picking SF to beat us.

I just hope this trend doesn't continue, bc if it goes completely opposite, we'll only be 7-9 and miss the playoffs :(

GoPhins! likes this.