1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vince Young

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Jaj, Aug 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Someone please explain something to me. Why is this guy ranked around the 14th round in a number of leagues?

With any fair prediction he's set to put up 2800 yards passing, 13-14 passing TDs, 13 INTs., 450 rushing yards, and 5 rushing TDs (approximating his first two years and a little improvement considering it's his 3rd year).

That should put him in the upper half of QBs for this year, yet I've picked him up as if he's a joke in any number of leagues next to the Alex Smiths of the world.

2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    lol this made me laugh. I'd take him purely as a back up. Id take Tjack before Id take VY as a starter.

3. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    That's what 10-15 really is, it's a backup.

Taking T-Jackson over him is ludicrous as of now unless you're going by committee and you want Jackson's Detroit games and other easy games.

Lt Dan likes this.
  4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I'd take Young as a backup in Yahoo leagues hoping he runs a TD in.

5. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    VY isnt a bad option fantasy wise because he usually makes up for the points he doesnt get in the passing game by getting extra yards on the ground. He started for a team I had in a 20 team league last year and I probably would have won the league had I not lost Ronnie Brown. Instead I made the finals and lost by 4. :cry:

6. Pizza Boy

Pizza Boy Member

May 7, 2008
    Tennessee, U.S.A.
    Vince Young looked good his rookie season, but his 2nd, he looked AWFUL!

I got burnt with him in a few leagues last year grabbing him in the 4th and 5th rounds as my starting QB.This year, I have him in a couple as strictly a back-up, he's got to improve from year 2, in fact, all he has to do is walk on to the field and an improvement will be made.