1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sal Palantonio disses Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PMZQ, Jul 16, 2008.

1. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Said he is not really that impressed with what The Trio have done so far, and that they have colossally failed when it comes to Jason Taylor.

He does not see any reason for Dolfans to get their hopes up. He says the OLine is too young, and that the offense will really struggle and if we can't run the ball, it could get downright ugly.

:pity::pity::pity:

2. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Of I forgot....was on Dolphins Tonight on WQAM, in a day or so they might have it online to hear.

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Eh. Isn't he the same guy who wrote a whole book on Favre being overrated then went on the air and talked about how he didn't mean it in a certain way?

Kanye West likes this.
  4. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    The OL and run game looked fine last year. We've only improved both so whats the problem? Ya obviously Ronnie got hurt but his injury isnt a career ender.

And JT? How was that all the FO fault? Besides hes one player whos only here for 1 more season. The trio isnt building for one final push next year. We're building for a solid future.

Fin Fan In Cali, cnc66, PMZQ and 4 others like this.
  5. IceStorm

IceStorm New Member

Jun 25, 2008

Can someone please remind me when Sal P. was a general manager of an NFL team. For some reason I can't remember. I mean, how else would he have the knowledge and experience to say when a GM has made a mistake or not? Right? Right?

Oh thats right....he's just another clown on tv with an opinion. Well Sal, I hate to tell you that you can't mess up with Jason Taylor. Its already known the Dolphins won't win the SB during his tenure. So he will leave, eventually. Whether its now or later doesn't change much of anything.
    I like JT, always have. But I have to face facts and reality. Sal with his GM experience tells us that the Dolphins have fubar'd....like he's the all knowing one.
    stupid clowns.........

6. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I thought it was utterly classless how SP piled on Favre right after he retired. It wasn't the time or the place. He's just another idiotic sports guy who stirs the rice to get some attention.

That being said, he could be right about our offense. I sure hope not though...

felly smarts likes this.
  7. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    how about this...

We can all chip in a few dollars each. Then we take Sal down to Vegas and see if he has the balls to match us on the over/under for Dolphin wins this season.

PMZQ and pennphinfan like this.
  8. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Sal needs to worry about his Beagles that have no bite!!

9. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    This guy is an idiot. Plain and simple. Sure we dont have the best talent in the league, but to "suggest" it could be as awful as last year, is ridiculous. I love how all these morons in the sports media forget that we lost what... 4 or 5 games by 3 points or less last year? And really what it was that cost us those games was first and foremost pathetic coaching and game management, followed by an insane amount of injuries.

PMZQ and alen1 like this.
  10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    It was six games. :wink2:

Also, to add to the reasons for the bad season, we had poor conditioning.

PMZQ likes this.
  11. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I would get in on that

12. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Sal Paolantonio can derelicte my balls.
    [​IMG]

AbideN703, PMZQ and Bpk like this.
  13. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    The last time I checked this guy has never been apart of ant front office and he has probly not come down to Mimai and just went off what other people were saying about us. I hope we just prove everybody wrong all the people that think we will be the worst team in the NFL and we wont be anything. I hope we just end up proving all the so called experts wrong. Didnt Sal say Brett Farve was an overrated plyer yea as you can see Sal really knows a lot

14. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Well, I wouldn;t say we were putting up a lot of points.

Nor do I agree that the turning point was the plane incident.

I think we had what we had: a new offense being installed, and players who were going to take some time before they ran it effectively. This was especially true of the passing game.

We showed signs of promise those first few games, and Ronnie was a beast (once he got enough touches and Chapman stopped splitting their carries).

Essentially, the offense was starting to improve when we suddenly lost Trent then lost Ronnie. Those were the turning points, imo.

After that we never had decent QB play, nor a great running game.

That said, the O-line regressed after that too, as the losing mentality began to affect the entire team.

But, to me, we had not proven we were a good offense yet, but all the signs were there that we would become one, I think. Then the injuries.

HOnestly, I am glad last year was FUBAR, because it got Cam out the door and a structure I like very much right now, especially the revamped scouting department.

If I get a jersey this year, it will read "J. Ireland"

PMZQ likes this.
  15. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    Am I the only one who is completely UN-concerned with what "talking heads" say about the Fins?

Who cares? These guys (mostly) look at last year's results and go from there. Just about all of them picked the Bears to repeat as NFC Central Champs last year, when to most people it was obvious the Bears had some real issues.

In fairness to those who "diss" the Fins, we've been very bad for a very long time. I understand the lack of respect. We were horrible last year, we horrible under Saban and we were getting horrible quickly under Wannstedt.

The good news is that we have a new regime that is instilling a new attitude and is building this team with a coherent plan (offensive and defensive lines first). One may not agree with it. One may not acknowledge it. But if you look at teams who have success in this league, they are teams that have great lines.

I, for one, like Sal P. precisely because he does have an opinion. Hopefully he's wrong about the Fins. But even if we are "bad again" this year, by next year I think we'll be in the playoff hunt. If not, then I'll complain.

16. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    I think that was the # 1 reason. The conditioning was so poor many HS players were in better condition.

17. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Not a bad idea....really....not bad at all :up:

18. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    More ESPN propaganda. They haven't liked the Dolphins for awhile. No change. I don't even watch ESPN anymore unless it is a breaking story. I think the whole ESPN Network has gone in the toilet. I only enjoy Mike Ditka, and Tom Jackson on there.:wink2:

19. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Well I guess that's it then, forget TC, cancel the preseason games, no reason to watch any regular season games, no need to read anything else about our team, we should just forfeit the season I guess. I'll miss all of you, should I check in after next year's draft to see if he thinks we're worth watching again?

Bye everyone, see ya next year.

20. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I don't trust anyone named Sal... i automatically assume they are from Jersey AND are Jets fans...

21. IceStorm

IceStorm New Member

Jun 25, 2008
    I'll sum it up for all of us on this subject.

Can anyone remind me what NFL team he was a General Manager of?

No?

Exactly my point.

22. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Is it really true that his parents named him Sally and he shortened it to Sal?
    Really, who even considers this dork an authority on football?
    We can all watch him backpeddle this year when the Dolphins win a few games and he starts making excuses for his opinions!

23. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    WoOoOoO Oh!
    Sally (That Girl)
    WoOoOoO Oh!
    Sally Phew! (That Girl)
    That tha that tha that that that GIRL
    That tha that tha that that that GIRL
    SALLLLLY

24. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Picture it. 5 years from now, when the Dolphins are about to go 13-3. Palantonio is on the air and says the Dolphins will have a great year. Ronnie Brown is still a star, Chad Henne is an MVP type player and some DL out of some college is as good as JT was.

Palantonio then says he loves what Sparano has done. The team is looking great and fans should be excited.

Either situation? What Palantonio has to say doesn't mean ****. Just play the games

25. AbideN703

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    You and I are in the same boat friend. Guys get so worked up about what a fella on TV has to say, it's funny. Hell I've had this discussion hundreds of times it seems. If the Phins go 3-13, won't life go on? Will Palantonio be right? What's the relevance if he's right or wrong?

26. AbideN703

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Is the NFL Draft here yet? I mean we just went 2-14. Things are looking up for 2009 :yes:

27. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    This stuff does not really bother me, you know the old saying, sticks and stones.

I'll wait to they play on the field before holding judgement.

28. AbideN703

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Honestly though guys, don't you find it funny that when a talking head praises the Phins, he's known as a likable, smart guy who knows his ****. Hey he might even have played before.

But then you have a guy like Sal Pal, who doesn't like the Phins. Sal Pal looks unathletic, he's a jackass b/c he has an opinion that's different then yours. He's stupid, doesn't know anything.

I mean it's been this way forever. Is it even worth the discussion when the reaction is already going to be the same as the past reactions?

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.