1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spotlight back on Taylor's Dolphin dilemma

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, Jul 12, 2008.

What will JTs destiny be ?

1. He will play out this year as a Dolphin

88.9%
  2. He will be traded before the end of the season

6.7%
  3. He will retire

2.2%
  4. Other - Specify

2.2%
  1. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    The press has been focusing on the Favre drama and JT is glad its not on him anymore

He insists that he has not missed much by not showing up for the OTAs

Apparently he has come to an understanding with the F.O.

He criticizes the media for making mountains out of molehills if not outright fabricating news.

About whether he will play for the Dolphins this year

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=0123F56F0BC359C020F5660C9D554A81?id=09000d5d8093f216&template=with-video&confirm=true%22

Just before the mass migration I posted a poll asking for opinions on the future of JT.

There was an overwhelming opinion that he would be traded before or during the draft.There were a very few hardheads like me that thought he would not be traded.:lol:

So I am posting another poll which will be public to ask again what do you think will be JTs destiny.

2. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    I think he will play out this season with the Dolphins. Right now it is Miami or nowhere because no team will give up anything worthwhile for a player who has already stated this is his last season.

3. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I just want him to play and get this team started on the right path.
    I hope all the junk in the press is just that, junk. JT has always brought a lot to the team and the fans. I have always liked and supported him and that won't stop now.
    I only want us to be a team again and win.

4. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

i think he starts the season with the Phins and before the trade deadline, a team nedding DE/LB help will come knocking.

5. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    The deadline is after week 6 and we have an early bye.

If and it's a huge IF we can be 3-2 then JT stays. 0-5 or 1-4 and its bye-bye time

6. felly smarts

felly smarts New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    As big of a JT fan as I am, I would rather see him retire right now as a Dolphin. I would rather him do that than see him play unhappy and not give a 110% or play for another team like ZT. Playing for another team would break my heart just as watching ZT do it.

calphin and DOLPHAN1 like this.
  7. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

even if we are 5-0, if the price is right, you know team Parcells is selling the one season wonder.:yes:

8. THCMAN

THCMAN New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Miami
    I think he shows up at TC, plays this year then retires....

THEN...

after one year stages a come-back & starts hanging out with Duante Culpepper. :shifty:

9. CrunchTime

Nov 23, 2007
    Hey.You never know .If JT plays out the year and has fun doing it he may want to stick around .

gafinfan, calphin and dolphindebby like this.
  10. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    I think he'll play this year with the Dolphins.

11. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Exactly Crunch. 1-15 will do it to you. Not getting randy moss apparently did it to Favre ;)

9-7 and barely misses the playoffs (or a wild card perhaps :D), and JT decides, hey, this isn't so bad!

gafinfan, calphin and CrunchTime like this.
  12. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

He plays this year, decides if he wants to retire or not based on whether he thinks we can be competitive in 2009. If we look like we'll be a winning team and might make the playoffs in 2009, then JT plays for us in 2009.

gafinfan likes this.
  13. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

I hope jt likes what he sees with our new coaches and young players and decides to hang around a couple more seasons.

gafinfan likes this.
  14. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Me too!

15. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    I think he will play 3 more years.
    For the Dolphins.

16. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Thanks for the thread CT...

There is no reading between the lines here...when JT stated this...

• Has he officially stated that he is not playing with us this year?
    • Why can't he say, we will be a team with an attitude this year?
    • Why can't he say, the coaches will have a good chance to turn our team around...

Funny how he felt about Pre-Season Training about 5 Seasons ago... It contradiscts everthing he is stating now...

From an article after his Best Sacks Season ever in 2002, He was asked as to how important was Offseason Training...

Quote:
    JT: Offseason training is an extremely important part of your in-season performance. We do an unbelievable amount of offseason training here with the Dolphins--probably too much--and are always in great shape when the season starts. Advice from others is always good, and I will usually listen to what someone I respect has to offer, but you really have to find what works for you and stick with it.

But I guess JT now does not see it the same way...

JT has stated his intentions to the FO...He will NOT play for our beloved team this or any other year, otherwise he would have made his commitment to the team...team mates and fans....
    LINK: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...3/ai_108784451

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
    CrunchTime likes this.
  17. CrunchTime

Nov 23, 2007
    I did notice his rather aloof third person tone to his responses but I am not making much of it until its time for him to show up for training camp.

I dont trust the press on the quote which may have been distorted or slanted.

18. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

"I hope the fans don't think I'm being a jerk about stuff. It's not that way. I think the way it was portrayed in the media sometimes was more negative than it should have been. Guys are trying to make a story out of stuff that isn't really there. I think the unfortunate thing from being removed from it in L.A., and not addressing it and not talking about it all the time like everybody else, was people come up with their own assumptions. I've tried to handle it in a classy way. At the end of the day, people know what I bring to the table -- that when it's time to play, they can always hang their hat on the effort they get from me."

First let me say that I think Taylor will play for the Dolphins this year. I don't think he has many other options and I certainly don't think he'll retire just because of not being traded. If he's traded it'll only be because sometime during training camp for the early part of the season someone as a desperate need for a defensive end.

As to the quote above by Taylor, he's the one that had all the media looking for a story because he's the one who didn't show up for OTA's and minicamps. He's the one in an interview prior to the finals of DWTS said that as soon as the dancing was over he'd be back in the fold with the Dolphins. Whether he wants to admit it or not, the fact that he did not attend any off-season workouts, OTA's, and camps with the new regime here is exactly why there is a story. So JT, you're to blame in this if in fact your concern is that there is a mountain being made out of a molehill.

calphin and Disnardo like this.
  19. Disnardo

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    At last you are admitting you did notice his unique answer CT...and admitting, is only half the battle...:up:

I guess most of us like to see it with our owns eyes...me included..:yes:

from some of JTs press briefings from Miami Dolphins.com...

Can anyone find me a quote of JT over the last few months where he uses the "we" the team word on it?

Cause the last time I heard he is part of the team...

20. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Not a chance,you are one of the best people on this site with good input.

keep it comin.

gafinfan likes this.
  21. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

I'm with the rest of you in believing that JT will be playing for the Dolphins this year. Why is he not using the word "WE"; my guess is that Bill has left the trade idea door open for now and if something happens Jason doesn't want to be accused of misleading people. I still believe that Jason is a stand up guy and will play for someone this year; hopefully us. If he does and we have a good year then he may just want to ride that for 1 or 2 more years, I sure hope so.

calphin likes this.
  22. CrunchTime

Nov 23, 2007
    I think I heard him say We suck :wink2:

So are you saying I am in denial ? Perhaps but I prefer calling it "giving him the benefit of the doubt".

I am certainly not going to believe what the press says.

Disnardo likes this.
  23. Disnardo

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Naww.. CT you are not in denial... or you maybe as much as I am...

Like mostly everyone else, I am in a "wait and see" approach...but what I have been reading still leads to believe that JT has made his decision...

One that has his team mates guessing as much as us fans if he is not traded...

CrunchTime likes this.
  24. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I really just choose not to try and disect every word or subtle nuance of Jason Taylor's words, or sentences, or NON-words, to do so is a slippery slope that can lead to any conclusion you want it to. The ONLY thing that matters, and the ONLY thing I will listen to, or judge is: does he show up when TC starts? And does he play for us this season? I think he does, but heaven forbid he has a smelly fart, that could mean he's eating certain kinds of foods that MUST mean he plans on a trade to a team that serves that kind of food. See just how rediculous you could get with this line of thinking?

He says he'll play, if he shows up on July 26 at TC, we have the ONLY friggin answer that is worth ANYTHING.

dolphindebby and Disnardo like this.
  25. Disnardo

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    You could be right GAFF...

but the word we is right now something JT should be currently using...that is if he considers himself a current member of the Miami Dolphins...does he???

Is he not currently employed by the Miami Dolphins??? Then we, should be typically used when talking about his team or team mates and coaches... As my prior posts stated, he used it frequently before...

Now, as everyone else or the majority of the pollsters think that JT will play for this team this year if not traded...JT had to add this little reminder...

Hence he is revealing little by little his intentions...

Any one wonders why BP said that "either JT plays for Miami or retires," come from???

I am not trying to read between the lines...it is there in black font, staring in our faces...

I really hope I am wrong but I am not blind... I hope he does change his mind and decides to play for us...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  26. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think he'll be with the Dolphins this year. The price that the team has placed on him is too high. Also, from the excerpts that you (CT) posted, it seems that they are somewhat on the same page.

As for the whole "we" and "I" saying, I could care less to be honest. As long as he shuts up and goes do his job, I'm fine whichever way he makes statements.

I think if we win 7 games, you'll see him back. Whether it is with the Dolphins or not, I can't say.