1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Offense To The Ladies Here - But I Just Have To Shake My Head At My Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Bpk, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Actually naging me to not type this as I try to.

She just spent a half hour alternately asking me to fix the toilet, shooing me away telling me "I want to figure it out!" (like it's a hobby or game not just a toilet to get fixed), and then once it was working, messing with it again til it wasn;t working so she could go through the whole thing again.

Then get upset at me when I asked why she was so interested in playing with the toilet for a half hour when there was no need (I fixed it twice in less than five minutes and she kept wanting to open it up again and poke at things).

I don;t mind so much when she involves only herself in her craziness, but when she enlists me, then gets annoyed at me for actually solving the problem she asked me to solve and not letting her un-fix it... it's kind of exasperating.

My theory is this: we watched the movie Hugo right before that and she felt like fixing something mechanical like the characters in the movie.

Okay, rant done. (And toilet still working, but girlfriend being pissy at me for me being honest)

2. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!

If she's prone to ideas from movie's, Linda Lovelace did a great one. Just sayin.
    Also tell her to leave the seat up if she want's to fix the toilet.

3. I reccomend you undo what you fixed right before you leave the house for the day that way she can spend all day trying to figure it out on her own in between trips to the gas station bathroom.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    ...have her watch Deepthroat.

You're welcome.

5. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    there are ladies here?

Bpk likes this.
  6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Why is your toilet in the kitchen?

7. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    I lol'd in front of my wife....had to explain...whoops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Ok in ALL seriousness...I learned this about women a long time ago, and wished I had learned it earlier in life. Would have saved many nights of utter confusion...

Women hardly ever want me to "fix" anything...problems at work, problems with friends, etc...they just want men sometimes to just LISTEN!!! So with the situation as you explained it, it seems she didn't want you to fix it, but wanted to fix it herself, but with you there as say a..U Fix It Repairman's Guide. My wife's the SAME way....ALWAYS trying to fix something. Used to drive me nuts when we were first together, now...I use it as bonding time if you will.

When my wife is fixing something and she's having a hard time...but she just won't give up, I'll stand there and watch her...see what's wrong and then I start asking her questions..."did you check this?" "I wonder....what about that? Do you think that might work?" And even if she goes WAAAAAY off base on the suggestion I just planted in her mind...as long as it doesn't BREAK anything, I let her go with it.

And when she does fix soemthing...something she's never done before, I definitely make it a point to tell her what a great job she did and how proud I am of her.

Yea, I know..sucking up to the wife...but if it keeps the peace and helps make her feel good about herself, I'm more likely to get something I want in the end :up:

Don't get upset with her. Just remember, she's person too and wanting to do things for herself also.

9. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    lol good one.

10. gamblerx

gamblerx New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Homestead, FL
    never had a girlfriend... so i don't know...

11. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    we gotta get you laid brah.

Bpk, SICK, McLovin and 1 other person like this.
  12. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    step 1: cut a hole in the box.

13. [video=youtube;ojqaPlCc-s8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojqaPlCc-s8&feature=related[/video]

Bpk likes this.
  14. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    If she is upset, just buy her a gift. It always works. Just take my advice and DON'T buy her a watch. They hate them as gifts because there is usually a clock on the stove.

Bpk and Steve-Mo like this.
  15. TheColossus

TheColossus NON !

Dec 6, 2009
    Dundee, Scotland
    Is your girlfriend anything like this ?

[video=youtube;Qhm7-LEBznk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhm7-LEBznk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Bpk and #1 fan like this.
  16. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    One can only hope her abortions have made her barren. Couldn't imagine that woman raising children... successfully.

17. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Incredible insight, Dark Knight! Thanks, bud! I wish I'd known this ten years ago!

The irony is... today she came home and announced she is 'coming on' and has PMS. She then used the toilet, and got annoyed that it was refilling for too long so she (guess what) started banging the handle. she took off the top. Fiddled around inside as she swore, all agitated. (Not sure why, the toilet was refilling as it should). And then she announced, "Oops, something snapped. I snapped the plastic thing inside. Now it won;t flush."

What is it with this woman and sabotaging the toilet?

She wanted me to call the plumber. Guess what? No way. I gave HER the number to do it.

Not sure it's worth fixing, as she'll probably just mess with it again. Is anyone here able to interpret this? I know that in dreams different things symbolize stuff... but in real life, what does it symbolize when your woman has a fixation with repeatedly 'breaking' the toilet by 'fixing it'. lol. This is so insane.

18. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    this chick is shot. 9 mile minute? horrendous.