1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Final Mock Before The Draft...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Jcouch1021, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Jcouch1021

Jcouch1021 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    I send this to my Work buddies every year. We flip flop our ideas between teams. Even though our favorites still come out in each of our mocks. Hope you guys like it. again this is my opinion, i put alot of time into this. Critiquing is encouraged. pointless bashing makes you just look like a fool. Thanks!!:up:

Indy You are on the Clock...

1. Andrew Luck - QB - Stanford.

The colts drunken, middle of the night, owner Jim irsay decided that it was best to cut ties with quite possibly the most intelligent and Physically able QB in the game... BAHAHAHA solid choice. Instead of compiling picks to help them rebuild, which they could easily get for the services of Andrew Luck they decide to just throw him to the wolves... congrats colts fans, you will deal with plenty of more horrible years to come. That is until luck pans out and you actually build your defense now that you don’t have a QB who will score at will.

Washington You are on the Clock...

2. Robert Griffin III - QB - Baylor

Snyder wanted his guy, paid a kings ransom for it including 3 first round picks and a 2nd. I thought Washington still had a few more pieces to fix before going balls to the wall for a 3-year commitment.

Vikings You are on the Clock...

3. Matt Kalil - T - USC

They need a new LT to protect Christian ponder...bahaha...ponder.... but hey why not draft the best tackle since Jake long...

Dallas You are on the clock…

With a trade to the browns.
    Dallas gets 4.
    Browns get 14, 45, next years 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]

4. Morris Clairborne – CB – LSU
    Dallas could use a solid starter on the corner to go up against the giants and eagles wide outs.

Buffalo you are on the clock…
    Buffalo gets 5.
    Tampa gets 10,41, 105

5. Fletcher Cox – DT – Miss. State
    The Bills daft Cox to show the league how scary a defensive line can be. Mario Williams, Cox, Dareus, can sure take tom Brady’s breath away. Bills owner has taken man crushes before so please no bashing the pick here even though they did the same last year. Cox is a versatile guy.

St Louis You are on the Clock…

6.Rieff Riley – T – Iowa
    He is the next best tackle behind Kalil and the rams can find Wide outs later in the draft.

Jacksonville You are on the Clock..

7. Justin Blackmon – WR – Oklahoma State
    Just what Jax needed for Blaine Gabbert, he fell into their laps with the trades in front of them.

Browns you are on the Clock…
    Browns get 8.73
    Dolphin’s get 14, 37

8.Trent Richardson – RB – Alabama
    The browns aren’t convinced with hardesty in the backfield. They are going to need a strong run game when they play the Steelers, Bengal’s and ravens all twice a year.

Carolina You are on the Clock...

9. Quinton Coples – DE – UNC
    Carolina gets a beast at pass rusher here in the 9 hole. He can play inside and out and is a very good run stuffer.

Tampa you are on the clock…

10. Luke Keuchly – LB – BC
    One of the most complete Linebackers to be drafted in years, a solid tackling machine. Tampa knew they could grab him here and had no problem trading back for him.

Kansas city you are on the clock…

11. Ryan Tannehill – QB- TA&M
    They need to groom him for a couple years, but f they do it right he should sweep Cassel right out of a job in 2014.

Seattle you are on the clock…

12. Melvin Ingram – DE – South Carolina
    They upgrade to a versatile DE who can play 4-3 down and 3-4 backer.

Arizona You are on the clock…

13. David Decastro – OG- Stanford
    He is supposedly the best guard in this year’s draft. At 13 he fills a need and the cards are lucky he fell this far.

Miami you are on the clock…

14. Michael Floyd – WR – Notre Dame
    Dolphins need what? QB, WR, DE, T, G, S… the list goes on. Without Marshall in Miami anymore, they figured they could trade down and pick up his replacement. He was a beast at ND and might be the best WR in the draft if it weren’t for his off the field problems.

Philly you are on the clock…

15. Dontari Poe – DT – Memphis
    The eagles wanted Fletcher Cox but he is long gone. What does Philly love? Speed. What does dontari Poe have? Speed. He will come in and along side Cole, bring plenty of pressure to the QB

Jets you are on the clock…

16. Nick Perry – DE – USC
    The jets get a scheme versatile guy here in Perry. He can create a good pass rush and is big enough to cover the run.

Bengal’s you are on the clock…

17. Mark Barron – S – Alabama
    In a weak safety class, this 2-year captain at Alabama had plenty to do with their defensive dominance. He will come in and start for the orange and black cats.

Chargers you are on the clock…

18. Courtney Upshaw – LB – Alabama
    Brings a very good pass rusher who shined in the national championship game vs. LSU. The chargers fans want, the chargers fans get.

Chicago you are on the clock…

19. Whitney Mercilus – DE – Illinois
    Keeping him in Illinois and upgrading the pass rush across from JP is a huge deal. Many think he is a one-year wonder, but if he’s not, the bears have a fantastic pass rush ability.

Tennessee you are on the clock…

20. Michael Brockers – DT – LSU
    Titans need help on the inside of their DLINE. They could go CB after Finnegan left but I think they will stick to run pluggers and pass rush.

Bengal’s you are on the clock…

21. Stephon Gilmore – CB – South Carolina
    Gilmore drops because of the talent level at CB this year. The Bengal’s re-vamp their secondary with two top tier guys at their position.

Browns you are on the clock…

22. Kendall Wright – WR – Baylor
    Everyone thinks that the browns will go with a QB here. Why? They can further develop Colt McCoy and see, with playmakers around him, what it takes to make it at the next level.

Detroit you are on the Clock…

23. Dre Kirpatrick – CB – Alabama
    He is the next best Corner in the draft. The lions Desperately need corner help. Insert 6’2 Kirpatrick.

Steelers you are on the clock…

24. Jonathan Martin – T – Stanford
    Pitt ran into plenty of trouble over the past couple years with bad O-line play and they can get a LT prospect who can start at RT for them.

Denver you are on the clock…

25. Cordy Glenn – G – Georgia
    With Peyton at QB the broncos are going to make sure they keep him upright. Glenn can start at RT or at G. The broncos can grab a TE and WR later in the draft.

Houston you are on the Clock…

26. Stephen Hill – WR – Georgia Tech
    Huge Talent and Numbers. Across from Andre Johnson, hill can flourish and be the burner/big man down the field.

New England you are on the clock…

27. Peter Konz – G/C – Wisconsin
    New England’s O line just seems to be getting older and older. Even though they could use defensive help, they draft again in the first and can address the issue there.

Green Bay you are on the clock…

28. Chandler Jones – DE/OLB – Syracuse
    Green bay gets a pass rusher to play opposite Mathews. Jones has been rated all over the first round and even the second round too. Huge pick for GB.

Ravens you are on the clock..

29. Dont’a Hightower – ILB – Alabama
    Here is Ray Lewis’s replacement. He slides past the Steelers and NE and the ravens get their guy. Baltimore has a knack for drafting awesome defensive players. The streak continues.

49ers you are on the clock…

30. Alshon Jeffrey – WR – South Carolina
    The niners could go TE but I think they view the need at WR to be a bigger one. Could be the steal of the draft. Jeffrey was once considered to be a top 10 pick..

New England you are on the clock…

31. Harrison Smith – S – Notre Dame
    This is a great pick for the Pats. They fill a huge need with a smart, athletic safety who can play the ball in the air and destroy whoever’s hands its in.

Giants you are on the clock…

32. Mike Adams – T – Ohio State
    Even with recent “Weed” problems, Adams can help the Aging NYG offensive Line. Many think Fleener will be the pick here but the giants don’t go for the Catch first, block second type of TE’s.

Since I’m a Fins Fan I will finish off just the dolphins draft.. I have a second round mock so I will go off of that with players who would be taken before our next picks.

37. Brandon Weeden – QB – Oklahoma State
    I think weeden will come in Day one and show the Dolphins organization that age doesn’t matter. Week one we will see him under center on his new team.

42. Bobby Massie - T – Miss State.
    Oh no!! Columbo retired, what in the world will we do?!?!? Easy.. Draft a better player who would start over him. Plug Massie in at RT.

72. Ryan Broyles – WR – Oklahoma
    He is an instant upgrade over any of our WR’s now, except for Floyd who we drafted. Can be our burner with hands.

103. Markelle Martin – S – Oklahoma State
    He can play centerfield for the dolphins secondary which needs help badly.

145. Tank Carder – ILB – TCU
    He can help us bounce Dansby outside in the 4-3 where he shines in protection and pass rushing. Can also play outside.

196. Vontaze Burfict – ILB – Arizona State
    Many want to stay away from this problem child, but in the 6[SUP]th[/SUP] round he has done damage in college once. Why not take a flyer on him here. Cut him if he doesn’t work out.

215. Chase Ford – TE – Miami
    We could give him a shot to make the squad down here in Miami where he played college ball.

* Reasons for drafting the way I did.
    - Draft Floyd to give us a big bodied receiver who has the ability to go up and get it. He isn’t slow by any means, he ran mid 4.4 40 yard dash. has shown tremendous hands and route running. He can also block very well.
    -Weeden will be the future at QB for us.
    - Massie will take over where columbo dropped the ball
    - Personally I feel like Hartline and broyles will both see time with bess in the slot and gates developing further.
    - I feel that we will be seeing Jimmy Wilson at SS and Markelle Martin competing for the FS spot on our squad.
    - I would like to see dansby-Carder/Burfict-Carder/Misi
    - Fasano-Clay-Ford-Les not bad for revamping our TE’s

I didn’t draft a DE because I think the Dolphins will be starting Odrick and Merling across from Wake with McDaniel’s rotating. Starks soliai and McDaniel’s in the middle.
    Davis, Smith and Marshall starting at CB for us with Carrol still learning.

SICK, poli33, padre31 and 2 others like this.
  2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Well done. Not really loving Floyd but can't hate on the pick at 14.

Jcouch1021 likes this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, imo Tampa takes Brockers as Brian Price's hip is in serious shape and he will have a tough time coming back.

Wouldn't mind the trade back though, great job on that mock

Jcouch1021 likes this.
  4. Jcouch1021

Jcouch1021 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    I'm pretty high on him but more and more I think about it. 8 is high for him. 14 however is not esp when we can pair him with weeden and broyles. Thanks!

5. Jcouch1021

Jcouch1021 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    yea I originally thought up Brockers or even jerelle worthy for Tampa but I don't think they could pass up Luke when they could really use him at ILB.. Thanks padre

6. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    1- Tannehill
    2- Nick Perry
    3- Givens
    3- Carder

Dolphins slam this draft.

7. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

Perry not likely to be there at 43, although I do think we can find a pretty good pass rusher in that slot.

8. Jcouch1021

Jcouch1021 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    A guy like curry, sorry right now it's slipped my mind (guy from Boise) would be there in the second

9. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    :up:

10. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I personally like what Curry brings to the table, high character...high motor and good physical attributes. Would be a fine selection for Miami.

11. Jcouch1021

Jcouch1021 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    ^ agreed. Also with the potential release of merling today, I'd quite possibly take out one of the linebackers that I drafted for a depth DE type player

12. Jcouch1021

Jcouch1021 New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    New Jersey
    Btw on 101.9 fm radio in the NYC area all morning starting at 1:30 am covering the draft.